• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 5 2015

purple112

Go Berzerk
Finally getting into the good conference games with Bama-UGA, ND-Clemson, West Virginia-:oklahoma:among others. Top 3 all looked pretty meh last week, but only Ole Miss has a ranked team.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Oklahoma state extends the record to 5-0 with a 34-10 victory over the wildcats. Defense continues to dominate.

WVU wins 35-21. Not impressed with OU at all. However if they even beat WVU then I will definitely be very impressed. From what I can tell WVU's D is solid. Doesn't matter who you play, if you hold someone to <7 points you're doing a damn good job.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
OU's defense is going to have to play pretty well for them to win, and I don't know if they can. Gonna have to be really stout up front, and the running game can't continue to suck. Mayfield can't do it all hisself.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Im alittle surprised Ole Miss is only a 7 pt favorite... Were they exposed against Vandy or was it just a hangover game?

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Oklahoma state extends the record to 5-0 with a 34-10 victory over the wildcats. Defense continues to dominate.

WVU wins 35-21. Not impressed with OU at all. However if they even beat WVU then I will definitely be very impressed. From what I can tell WVU's D is solid. Doesn't matter who you play, if you hold someone to <7 points you're doing a damn good job.

Illinois gave 3 points through two games then gave up 48 to UNC.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Last tune up game for FSU before playing stiffer competition. Better not screw it up! Pender is still out with a collapsed lung from practice. Really weird injury. Curious to see if Patrick gets some carries or if Vickers will see more time.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Excited to see what NC State has against an actual team. Hopefully we don't shit the bed

Have only caught bits and pieces of the games so far, and I dig the run heavy nature of the offense. Plethora of talent in the backfield and the offensive line has been blocking very well. Things of concern include some of the big plays the defense has given up to some posh teams. Brissett also hasn't been challenged to really throw downfield, something that will have to happen in conference play.

Looking at the schedule, 10 wins isn't unfathomable. It'll probably be more like 8 though. I'll be watching on Saturday.

Taishair

A&M vs Miss State is a ranked matchup. Not really sure they should be ranked after beating Auburn but I don't make the rules.

PSUEagle

I was telling @Schauwn last week that I love what NCSU is doing on offense scheme wise.

Think Matt Canada is very underrated nationally as an OC: he's had productive offenses at a lot of different places running a lot of different styles.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
Nebraska-Wisconsin slotted for a 2:30 TV slot on ABC for week 6.

could we maybe get that changed to the Big Ten network or even better, untelevised?

don't really fancy watching a prison rape on national TV

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Have only caught bits and pieces of the games so far, and I dig the run heavy nature of the offense. Plethora of talent in the backfield and the offensive line has been blocking very well. Things of concern include some of the big plays the defense has given up to some posh teams. Brissett also hasn't been challenged to really throw downfield, something that will have to happen in conference play.

Looking at the schedule, 10 wins isn't unfathomable. It'll probably be more like 8 though. I'll be watching on Saturday.

Right before I left Vegas, I put $20 on NC State to win the National Championship. Yeah, I know it's not going to happen, but I wanted to take a long shot, and I thought they had the best chance of all the long shots.

If they pull off the miracle, it will pay a cool $10,000.

-YTC

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Shadrach Thornton, one of the backs in State's loaded stable, got arrested for a hit n run on his moped. He's a senior but has been suspended 3 previous times before, including the first two games of this season for failing a drug test. I think he's probably toast.

You can just forget about that $20 @whiteyc_77

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I have a wedding during the Michigan - Maryland game, but that hurricane might be changing the time so that it's an earlier game. That would be very nice. I want to see Michigan pound the crap out of Maryland.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Lets have NCSU beat somebody with a pulse first before entertaining the idea of a national championship.

59508245.jpg

That's why it's called a long shot. I even wrote "I know it's not going to happen..."

-YTC

Soonerfan09

I'll be at a wedding in Vegas Saturday night with an open bar. Win or lose, I might not make it home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heisman06

I'm bailing on my three-TV setup this Saturday to attend Notre Dame @ Clemson. Like Jessie Spano, I'm somewhere between being excited (so excited, so excited) and scared.

Being at home gives Clemson a huge advantage but ND's offensive and defensive fronts are impressive. I think both defenses dominate and keep both teams in it.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Lunt(Jay Cutler 2.0) is going to make the last ranked Husker pass D look goooooood.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

I'm bailing on my three-TV setup this Saturday to attend Notre Dame @ Clemson. Like Jessie Spano, I'm somewhere between being excited (so excited, so excited) and scared.

Being at home gives Clemson a huge advantage but ND's offensive and defensive fronts are impressive. I think both defenses dominate and keep both teams in it.
like kelly kapowski Im bout to get fat chipmunk cheeks from the beer binge that will be the g8r and saints gms

giphy.gif

Last edited:

bruin

I hear that.

I'll usually release the cracken at half time of the SEC noon game on CBS. Depends on tailgating situations, too.

Chiefs finally back with a Sunday morning game this weekend. Back to Bloody MAria's.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
All these east coast games are in danger of not getting played.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Think it will make close enough to the coast by Sat to cancel games? The current track has it just north of the Bahamas Sat morning.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I think ND/Clemson is a night game isn't it?

Carolina Blue

Nearly every model has the storm staying out to sea, with only a few projecting the storm to turn inland. No matter what, it's going to be a wet and windy weekend. Up to a category 4 now.

Wooly

I have to be in Alabama for a week and I arrive Sunday night. I am sure a bunch of rain will make its way that far inland. Why do you have to screw with the weather east coast?