• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 13 Thread - Revel in the Electric Rivalries

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Tuesday Night MACtion

Brenda-Kelly-Donna.jpg

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
WVU-OU will be a hell of a game.

It’s oretty shocking Ou only has one loss. I would argue they are maybe two plays and an injury away from being 8-3 right now.

Anywho, think WVU wins something like 56-44. OU has caught quite a few breaks but I’m gonna day that it ends on Friday. The defense is historically bad and they’re facing one of the more complete teams in the Big 12.

The big question mark is if WVU can get the stops. They’ve got a smart guy at DC and they won the first half against us last week but we made an adjustment that left WVU reeling, seeking answers and gasping for air in a 17 point come back. If WVU allows Ou to rush for 5+ YPC they’re going to struggle to win the game and it may affect their offensive consistency.

Here’s the deal. OSU’s defense, which had been total shit for most of the season, has actually been covering pretty well lately. All three of our sacks on a relatively impossible to sack Kyler Murray came on coverage sacks. We forced numerous stops against WVU in the latter portion of the first half and held WVU to 10 points in the second half.

OU can’t cover. They can’t tackle, fit the run, they can’t really rush the passer, and they can’t cover at all. I don’t think Ou is going to stop them as much as we were able to. That’s troubling for an OU team that has barely gotten by in 2 of their last 3, and for an OU team that pretty much got dominated by the first team that matched their athleticism in Texas.

For me it comes down to this. If OU can rush for 200+ on 4.5-5+ YPC WVU probably won’t have a shot and we get games similar to 2015, 2016, and 2017. But if they can attack their running game and force punts like UT did, maybe get a turnover or two, they’ll have a real shot. WVU’s defense completely ran out of gas in the fourth quarter, prompting Dana Holgorsen to go for several fourth down conversions down the stretch. If I were a WVU fan or coach my biggest concern would be the defense wearing down against the best offensive line they’ll face all year.

I expect no more than a 14 point win either direction. Should be a fun game.

Last edited:

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Without KYLER OU easily has a few more losses. Fucking Bob let his fuckhead brother stick around way too long and it's going to take a couple of years to fix the defense

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Without KYLER OU easily has a few more losses. Fucking Bob let his fuckhead brother stick around way too long and it's going to take a couple of years to fix the defense
I wasn’t even talking about him either. Without Kyler I would think OU is probably 7-4 at best right now.

That said, I would think Alan Bowman and Tech get the win if he isn’t knocked out of the game, and a few bounces were the difference in bedlam.

But yeah the OU defense since 2012, with the exception of 2014 (I think) has been pretty turrible. But even Venables had his troubles here.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
I wasn’t even talking about him either. Without Kyler I would think OU is probably 7-4 at best right now.

That said, I would think Alan Bowman and Tech get the win if he isn’t knocked out of the game, and a few bounces were the difference in bedlam.

But yeah the OU defense since 2012, with the exception of 2014 (I think) has been pretty turrible. But even Venables had his troubles here.

Yeah, Venables struggled some but not this badly. OU's offense has performed at historic levels since Riley was hired but it's been wasted by shitty defense.

And if not for this Bammer team being possibly the best ever with Tua having a great season, OU would probably have back-to-back Heismans. Murray has been spectacular.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia

Current music mood for me rn. Hawaii are safe. #bowleligible. San Diego State is officially a glorified exhibition.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Always enjoy the OSU tradition of crossing out all of the Ms during the Game week:

Every time! :laughing: :thumbsup:

It seems especially sophomoric given that they have been big brother to Michigan for the last 10 years or so.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
I've got an Amani Toomer jersey from my days as a student and now that I'm back to my college weight, it fits again!

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Two guys with the same number on the field at the same time. Is that the dumbest penalty ever?

The dumbest thing ever is allowing two guys to have the same number in the first place.

If they both want the same number, let them settle it in a cage match. Or better yet, put the Jersey with the number they both want inside a small, windowless room, lock them both inside, and then the player who comes out gets it. The other guy gets kicked off the team (or buried, whatever the case may be)

coogrfan

Oliver out for the game; 31-24 Memphis 2:41 left 3rd. It was good while it lasted...

Spoke too soon. TD UH, tied at 31 1:34 left 3rd.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Speaking of knee leg, If you want to throw up all your leftovers go look up Milton’s knee leg injury. He destroyed that thing.