1. We have updated to a new version of XenForo. If you were using the "Kella" custom style, you need to switch to the Utopia or Alternate style. Do this in your user preferences.
    Dismiss Notice

Week 13 Thread - Revel in the Electric Rivalries

Discussion in 'College Football Discussion' started by BasinBictory, Nov 18, 2018.

1. BasinBictory

BasinBictory CHICKEN NUT BREAD

Team:
    USC
    Excited for the traditional B1G matchup between UM and anOSU, the Apple Cup looks interesting, and USC will get assraped by another Kelly this week. Lol @ @Irishman for thinking USC is "dangerous."

The only danger is that Helton will be given an extension until 2045.

Irishman and silverwheels like this.
  2. silverwheels

silverwheels more like Turd Crapley

Team:
    RUSS
    WVU/OU gonna break the record for points and yards.

3. BasinBictory

Team:
    USC
    ....and incestuous conceptions?

Wooly and adchester like this.
  4. bruin228

bruin228 Madden Mobile Addict NCAA Moderator

Team:
    LEACH
  5. bruin

bruin Well-Known Member

85C6E788-0500-4A0D-A73B-0EBE580ECA3F.gif

6. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Utopia

Team:
    Mitakihara
    Grambling are playing for their season this weekend. If they lose to Southern, the coaching staff need to be fired and be consigned to working in fried chicken shacks for the rest of their laifus. What a trashu season for Grambling foobaw. Also, Beat Garden City.

7. Plotty

Plotty Derector Conter

Team:
    Peru State
    [​IMG]

Fuck Iowa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Bmack

Bmack Well-Known Member Mod Alumni

Team:
    WVU
    Hopefully.

9. Yankee151

Yankee151 TWINK Stadium

Team:
    Yankees
    Not a bruin thread, this will be my only post here

10. Irishman

Irishman Administrative Fäggot

This is still Notre Dame/USC. Both of these teams have wrecked undefeated seasons for each other more than any other of their opponents. I don't care, it's still the Irish and I've seen them blow it against much worse teams.

11. bruin

bruin Well-Known Member

D26865D4-9505-445E-BBEC-C52EF6DA0D00.gif

12. Rob's FSU

Rob's FSU Well-Known Member

Need something to do for the after game party.

BasinBictory likes this.
  13. BasinBictory

Team:
    USC
    I know it's a rivalry and all, but your apprehension is totally unfounded. If they couldn't defeat a 2-8 team playing with a transfer QB and allowed a transfer RB who rushed for nearly 300 yards, they sure as heck aren't going to beat an undefeated team that has looked good in most of their wins.

Maybe, mayyyybe USC keeps it close for a quarter, or a half, but once any emotion gets spent, their overwhelming incompetence will win out and the Irish will pull away. And that's the best case scenario.

My prediction is that it will more closely resemble the Alabama game at the start of 2016. Except that Max Browne was better prepared than JT Daniels.

Irishman likes this.
  14. Brick

Brick Well-Known Member

"transfers" are trash, i agr.....MINSHEWWWWWWW

(baker)

adchester, bruin, Yankee151 and 2 others like this.
  15. bruin

bruin Well-Known Member

I just kept wondering all day if @TrojanMan wore his class ring out to brunch.

Mr. Radpants and silverwheels like this.
  16. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Utopia

Team:
    Mitakihara
    Notre Dame 58 - 0 USC
    you heard it first from the Hachiko.

17. goblue96

goblue96 Disney and Curling Expert

Team:
    Michigan
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Touchdown! No flags.

Thank you, Touchdown Tim, for making my last Michigan home game as a student one to remember.

[​IMG]

18. DeadMan

DeadMan aka spiker or DeadMong

Team:
    Michigan
    Michigan is favored in Columbus. That's the first time that's happened since 2004. That's fucking crazy.

I love this matchup for Michigan's offense. OSU's linebackers are awful, and Harbaugh's offense is best when messing with linebackers. I expect a bunch of runs with gaping holes when linebackers put themselves in the wrong gap, and some TEs running free on playaction. I wouldn't be surprised if Michigan had 5 or more plays over 20 yards. OSU has been awful at stopping big plays all year.

On the other side, I liked the matchup a lot more before the Indiana game. Indiana's offense is a low-rent version of Ohio State's passing offense, plus a more mobile QB. Indiana was able to move the ball pretty well, especially in the first half. The good thing is that Haskins is a statue in the pocket and get rattled pretty easily when there's pressure. Michigan's defense is one of the best in the country at pressuring QBs on passing downs, so if you get Ohio State in a lot of 2nd and 3rd in a longs, it could be a long game for them. They need to cover and tackle OSU's slot receivers well on slants and crossing routes.

Feel as good about it as I have since that 2011 game. Still don't really expect to win. Feels like a game where Michigan's small weaknesses on defense can get exposed, and the questionable health of Winovich might be a big program.

19. wolverine318

wolverine318 Well-Known Member Mod Alumni

Team:
    Michigan
    I'm more worried about the game being in CBUS than anything to be honest. I think they will be motivated and are playing better and will win the game though. 24-17 something like that. 50 and rain is the forecast for Saturday.

20. coogrfan

coogrfan Well-Known Member

Team:
    Houston
    Houston will travel to Memphis on Friday to face the Tigers. The winner will earn the privilege of getting their doors blown off by UCF in the AAC CCG.