• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

WBL Hall of GOATs

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
BTW, you can see active players' HoF metrics in their history pages. Pretty sweet, Zo definitely getting in

XPAMG8f.jpg

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I voted for a rack of people, 3 former Distillers and a few that I thought actually deserved it.

Most of the guys I'll really recognize as HOF material aren't on there yet.

Wolfman21

I think I had 4 or 5. Couple guys I didn't really want to vote for, but if you average .320+ for your career......i dunno.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Can people say who they voted for/why a bit? I think Thabiti, Tornado Brown are in the conversation as well for me.

Wolfman21

I've already submitted my ballot so i can't see who i voted for. I know I selected Oort, Caine and Yilmanz. Pretty sure I selected Tornado and a second baseman that had like a .330 career average. Think that was it.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Caine, Loudmouth, Oort and Coffin I voted for. Brown, Yilmanz and Ramos are on the fence for me.

osick87

Community Liaison
I must have missed the Yilmanz glory because this is the first I've heard of him.

jdlikewhoa

You guys are generous. Only three of these guys are worthy of being called goats. No coincidence that two of them were former Flying Whites.

osick87

Community Liaison
If you can reset my vote, make it so I vote for nobody. None of these guys were that good WAR wise to get in my Hall. I assume it's because some of them had their careers cut by the sim limitation of years.

Wolfman21

I think the guys that averaged .330 for their career when a major part of their career was before the change in mound height are deserving

Lloyd Carr

I didn't vote anyone.

No one on the list is a 1st ballot HoG'er. I might vote for Tornado, Banjo, and Yilmanz in the future, but not as a 1st ballot.

jdlikewhoa

I didn't vote anyone.

No one on the list is a 1st ballot HoG'er. I might vote for Tornado, Banjo, and Yilmanz in the future, but not as a 1st ballot.
I think these are the only three I voted for.

Tornado and Yilmanz for sure. I think the third was Banjo.

Cue rad with "Don't discuss HOG ballots"

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I'm only voting some guys because it's the inaugural vote, they are the pioneers. After this year you better be the goat of goats

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Banjo IMO is a no brainer.

Oort was 2x MVP and A-S in 8 of his 9 years. The 2nd best at his position in his generation which IMO is HoG (with Pottenger being the best catcher). His career was cut short but still how many guys win 2 MVPs and basically make the ASG every year?

Tornado IMO is the definition of the "if we had his pre-2033 stats he's automatically in" guys. He hit .347 his age 40 year which I don't remember seeing anyone close to that. His overall average is incredible (.321 for his 31-41 years) but he didn't do much except for average. 285 SBs and some nice gap power but that was about it. I keep him off for now.

Yilmanz is all about the value of RP. 9 of 12 ASG but just a 9.0 WAR overall. 2nd All-Time in saves. Was really helped by defense. I don't think he's a GOAT.

Coffin Park is another "pre-2033 stats" guy... 5x led the league in Ks and 6th all-time in K/9 (the other 5 are active and haven't hit their decline yet). But now I look more I just doesn't have enough.

Danny MacDermid is kinda like Tim Lincecum. 2x Cy, dominant early in his career but done by age 34. 2x Cy carries a lot of weight with me but so does his very, very low BABIPs he got. My 2038 team is probably the best defensive team we've had in the WBL/UBL. I had a team BABIP of .260 and I had a solid, not great staff that had a 2.99 ERA (2nd in WBL history). So I say no for now to Danny Mac.

One more guy to consider: Duke Ramos. 2nd highest WAR of any position player on the ballot. Won an outstanding hitter. Probably the best 2B of his generation unless I'm missing someone. I don't think he's got enough because he retired so young but his peak was pretty good.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah, you jokers voted them all in. I only did Park/Caine/Other pitcher

Wolfman21

Damn, 10 guys? I feel like there were guys that voted that didn't realize you DIDN'T have to use all 10 slots...

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah, I don't know or care enough to find out. Too busy with this FA thing

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Something definitely went wrong, I wonder if the teams who didn't vote were auto-populated. It says there were 27 votes per ballot if I'm reading that correctly.