• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

WBL Hall of GOATs

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
FzPV8oP.png
x67EZHT.png
EcG8z6p.png

Last edited:

Wolfman21

I have no perspective on the history of the league and what career stats would be considered the best in WBL history. It seems like numbers that would work for the past 10 seasons are going to be obliterated in the coming 10 seasons.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Most of his production was before we started, but Ryan Connor is deserving. He put up some monster numbers in Seoul at the beginning.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Minimum since Retiring: 4y
Max on Ballot: 6y
Min Hits: 1750
Min AVG: .300
Min HR: 350
Min Wins: 150
Max ERA: 3.5
Min Saves: 200

Tried my best to guesstimate something akin to MLB's HoF based upon top 15-30 whilst looking under league history. Open to critiques/suggestions.

Last edited:

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Also Mercier is the GOAT of GOATS before @JDlikewoah gets in here nominating 90 of his replacement level players as GOATS.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Why do we need to wait 4 years? Players don't come back in OOTP. If they retire, someone post their case and we vote? You can retire numbers too which is kind of cool.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Why do we need to wait 4 years? Players don't come back in OOTP. If they retire, someone post their case and we vote? You can retire numbers too which is kind of cool.

Yeah, I'd do 1 year wait, at least that way guys can breathe a little.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By

Every number Mercier wore should be retired from all teams.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Minimum since Retiring: 4y
Max on Ballot: 6y
Min Hits: 1750
Min AVG: .300
Min HR: 350
Min Wins: 150
Max ERA: 3.5
Min Saves: 200

Tried my best to guesstimate something akin to MLB's HoF based upon top 15-30 whilst looking under league history. Open to critiques/suggestions.

So then high contact and OBP players can just fuck off with the min HR? What about a guy like Enquist? What about a guy who hits 500 HRs but his average is .270?

This isn't auto entry, this is so we can vote.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
1750 hits. 300 average? You don't have to meet all requirements, just one.

Lloyd Carr

Yeah, Enquist isn't going to hit 350 HR's in his career. But he will go down as one of the best [contact] hitters to ever play in the WBL.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Are those categories all mutually exclusive? I was under the impression they had to hit all the batting/pitching categories to be considered.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
They shouldn't have to. That would be dumb. I think it would be better to just nominate people.

Lloyd Carr

Nomination should definitely be the way to go. We all get a vote. Just need to determine how many votes would be needed to approve someone.

Majority? Super majority?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
They shouldn't have to. That would be dumb. I think it would be better to just nominate people.

I was trying not to have 250 threads over the next 10 seasons. If we can use the website, we get votes on there and don't have to set up new polls. Unless someone wants to comb through one huge thread on multiple players at a time I'm okay with that, I'm just not going to.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
It wouldn't be bad all of the time, but when discussion gets rolling about somebody's FIP in 2041 and we have 6 guys going back and forth because they're bored at work it can add 10 pages in one day. I imagine HoF voting would get pretty real around here

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I was trying not to have 250 threads over the next 10 seasons. If we can use the website, we get votes on there and don't have to set up new polls. Unless someone wants to comb through one huge thread on multiple players at a time I'm okay with that, I'm just not going to.
Well then just make the requirements very low and use the website. How many WBL players retire each year?

Lloyd Carr

Is there any way to nominate a player on the website? Or are players just generated based on the parameters?

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com/cgi-bin/ootpou.pl?page=hof

That's what it would look like, but obviously I'd up the standards. We'd be able to nominate in addition to this if he wasn't on the ballot (like Mercier, oops spelling error, GOAT).

NICE. Immersion++

Bat-Tuy Tra should be an easy selection, despite hitting only 287 HR. He was the first contract I decided to unload when I took the Moscow job. But through the graces of Fortuna, he decided to retire instead of executing his player option.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
LAWD With Henry Brow we only have his age 31-41 years and he hit .321 over them. I wonder in the mythical pre-2033 WBL if he ever hit .400...

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
What about Yasar ''Da Man" Yilmanz? Looks like he was a lights out reliever in his day. Pretty sure he's turkish so he has my vote for that too

NML

Agreed on Yilmanz. And Conner.

Daniel 'Banjo' Caine
Jesus Pena
Spider Ninor
Mark Clinch

All first ballot. Some of them might still be playing...

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I don't know where that is.

Infante was pretty good for a long time if I recall. I don't know if he is still playing.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Ur not allowed to sim then. Never ever sim if you dont have anyone there, even if I'm gone for a week.

I'll upload retired.dat tonight

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I think out of that list I'd put Caine and Infante in first ballot. Greeves should but I'm torn between only using our history and seeing how badass he was 34+ and knowing he was a ridiculous pitcher before then.

Note: I didn't look at the league when I created it outside of WS shampions so I don't know, just inferring by how good he was as an old man

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Interesting. Hopefully I have the retired list. Like to see if anyone didn't make this list worth considering.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
So in the game now (maybe it was in '15 and I never looked) you can see guys who are eligible for the HOF. I'd vote in Coffin Park if there was a way to see his pre-2033 stats. That's the only guy I'd put in.