• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Warm Butts and Merry-Go-Rounds - Corches Hot Seat/ Coaching Carousel

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
That is more of a light singe than a scorch.

And he was always a total asshole. He was just your asshole before.

I wouldn't consider gathering a group of 18-22 year old players in a room off campus and telling them their program, fans and administration sucks (to put it lightly) is a singe. That's a deliberate attempt to sabotage a program. He gets $1.8M/year to leave, those players have to pick up the pieces. I would have had a lot more respect for the guy if he had the balls to do it in front of a microphone looking into a camera. The fact that he chose to have that little rant in a high school auditorium with only his players is insulting and among the least professional things a football coach could ever do. And that's saying a lot considering the already lengthy list of unprofessional things Bo Pelini did already.

Fuck that guy.

Nebraska's response:

B5F5C7jCIAAn9hw.jpg

Skeeter

Uber felon
Rumor that Michigan is throwing the checkbook at Harbaugh. 6 years 49 million. Would make him the highest paid coach in college football.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I wouldn't consider gathering a group of 18-22 year old players in a room off campus and telling them their program, fans and administration sucks (to put it lightly) is a singe. That's a deliberate attempt to sabotage a program. He gets $1.8M/year to leave, those players have to pick up the pieces. I would have had a lot more respect for the guy if he had the balls to do it in front of a microphone looking into a camera. The fact that he chose to have that little rant in a high school auditorium with only his players is insulting and among the least professional things a football coach could ever do. And that's saying a lot considering the already lengthy list of unprofessional things Bo Pelini did already.

Fuck that guy.

Nebraska's response:

B5F5C7jCIAAn9hw.jpg
Lol @ nebraska. You tolerated all that behavior for his entire tenure at your school. Don't act all high and mighty now and tell us it isn't tolerated. It damn sure was. The pelini stank is still upon you.

bighuskermav

Mod Alumni
Bo Pelini's rant made me blush...

The guy is a douche nozzle and I'm glad he's gone. Just because we always knew he's an asshole doesn't mean we can't be happy that he's gone.

Bo Pelini's rant made me blush...

The guy is a douche nozzle and I'm glad he's gone. Just because we always knew he's an asshole doesn't mean we can't be happy that he's gone.

Fair enough. When Neuheisel left UW I was relieved that I could stop lying to myself.

Of course he was followed by Gilberts on then Willingham and a near decade of total fail. So there is that.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Rumor that Michigan is throwing the checkbook at Harbaugh. 6 years 49 million. Would make him the highest paid coach in college football.

If you want to win, have to pay up! I'd say the revenue generated by a return to national relevance will far outweigh that salary.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Lol @ nebraska. You tolerated all that behavior for his entire tenure at your school. Don't act all high and mighty now and tell us it isn't tolerated. It damn sure was. The pelini stank is still upon you.

I never tolerated that behavior, anyone who has seen my posts on Utopia over the years would know that. I also know you're bright enough to realize a lot more went into Bo Pelini's tenure than him being an unmitigated jackass. Nebraska as an institution "tolerated" it because up until last year, Bo Pelini's boss was the guy that hired him. Nebraska fans may not have like Pelini's antics, but Tom Osborne is God to them and if Tom Osborne said he was handling it (which he did many times), Nebraska fans would defer to him.

Deferring to Tom Osborne's greatness is what got Nebraska in this mess to begin with. Nothing in Tom Osborne's career ever led us to believe he was any more qualified to hire a coach or head an administration than Steve Pederson was. But Pederson was an evil outsider and Tom Osborne is National Championship Trophy Winning Jesus.

Eichorst gave Pelini the chance to fix things, on and off the field, and he didn't and he got fired. Nebraska can and should be criticized for a lot of things, its handling of Bo Pelini is not one of them.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator

Kind of surprised moves like this don't happen more often under offensive minded HC's who call their own plays. Downgrade in school, but upgrade in opportunity.

bighuskermav

Mod Alumni
Deferring to Tom Osborne's greatness is what got Nebraska in this mess to begin with. Nothing in Tom Osborne's career ever led us to believe he was any more qualified to hire a coach or head an administration than Steve Pederson was. But Pederson was an evil outsider and Tom Osborne is National Championship Trophy Winning Jesus.

Come on dude...get out of here with the "Tom Osborne = Steve Pederson" bullshit. Tom Osborne didn't pick great coaches, but he didn't pick Bill Callahan. Solich was a decent coach and there was a lot more upside to Pelini than downside. TO is a class act through and through. You can't pin all of this on him. This is Harvey Pearlman's mess...Tom Osborne got dragged back into in 2007 so Harvey could save his own ass. Tom went with what seemed like the "safe" pick...can you blame him? He probably didn't want to be involved in the first place.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I never tolerated that behavior, anyone who has seen my posts on Utopia over the years would know that. I also know you're bright enough to realize a lot more went into Bo Pelini's tenure than him being an unmitigated jackass. Nebraska as an institution "tolerated" it because up until last year, Bo Pelini's boss was the guy that hired him. Nebraska fans may not have like Pelini's antics, but Tom Osborne is God to them and if Tom Osborne said he was handling it (which he did many times), Nebraska fans would defer to him.

Eichorst gave Pelini the chance to fix things, on and off the field, and he didn't and he got fired. Nebraska can and should be criticized for a lot of things, its handling of Bo Pelini is not one of them.

nobody cares if you tolerated it or not. You didn't write that letter nor did you employ him for the last 5 or 6 seasons. The people who wrote the letter and paid him millions of dollars every year tolerated it. That's the point. They only didn't tolerate it after they fired him. Gjge.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
nobody cares if you tolerated it or not. You didn't write that letter nor did you employ him for the last 5 or 6 seasons. The people who wrote the letter and paid him millions of dollars every year tolerated it. That's the point. They only didn't tolerate it after they fired him. Gjge.

Come on dude...get out of here with the "Tom Osborne = Steve Pederson" bullshit. Tom Osborne didn't pick great coaches, but he didn't pick Bill Callahan. Solich was a decent coach and there was a lot more upside to Pelini than downside. TO is a class act through and through. You can't pin all of this on him. This is Harvey Pearlman's mess...Tom Osborne got dragged back into in 2007 so Harvey could save his own ass. Tom went with what seemed like the "safe" pick...can you blame him? He probably didn't want to be involved in the first place.

At no point did I say Tom Osborne = Steve Pederson, what I did say is that Steve Pederson took most of the criticism for fucking up Nebraska football and Tom Osborne has gotten off clean for tolerating Bo Pelini's bullshit. Why? I don't agree with @Southpaw's overall point but he is right about Nebraska tolerating Bo's antics for too long and Tom Osborne was a key part of that. Tom Osborne should not be immune to criticism for allowing this fuckery to go on. Where was he when all this was happening? Osborne defended Pelini's off the field bullshit because he was winning games and Southpaw is absolutely right about that being hypocritical.

Where I disagree with Southpaw is that the people who wrote that letter did not tolerate it. Eichorst is new here and he set pretty clear expectations on Pelini for both on and off the field performance. Pelini failed and he fired him. I am not an Eichorst fan but he made it clear he didn't tolerate this bullshit from the beginning and if it didn't change, Pelini was being fired. It didn't change, he was fired.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
I’d rather f------ work at McDonald’s than work with some of those guys. Not that there's anything bad about working at McDonald’s.

Wow. Smh. Peace out, Bo.

bighuskermav

Mod Alumni
At no point did I say Tom Osborne = Steve Pederson, what I did say is that Steve Pederson took most of the criticism for fucking up Nebraska football and Tom Osborne has gotten off clean for tolerating Bo Pelini's bullshit. Why?

OK, you're right....Go after the only living vestige from the glory years with torches and pitchforks. Let's make sure that Tom Osborne knows the rath of Husker nation before he dies because he didn't make the right coaching decisions. It seems to me that Tom Osborne paved the way for Bo to get fired by getting out of the way to letting SE make the decision. Everybody knew that TO wasn't going to fire Bo...Nobody was realistically talking about that when he was AD any way. The demise of Bo started with the Big Ten championship game in 2012, and TO was already transitioning out of things by that point. So who fucking cares if he defended Bo whenever the local press stuck a microphone in his face? He's not the type of guy that is going to throw another coach under the bus.

I don't know why TO bothers to live in this state any more...the dude gets called upon any time our program is trouble and then half the state pisses and moans when they don't like his decision. If I was him, I'd just tell the entire state to fuck off and go fishing in Colorado.

I know one thing...this level of pissing back and forth about who is responsible for Nebraska's woes sure isn't healthy. The sooner the fans stop playing the blame game, the better off the program will be.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
OK, you're right....Go after the only living vestige from the glory years with torches and pitchforks. Let's make sure that Tom Osborne knows the rath of Husker nation before he dies because he didn't make the right coaching decisions. It seems to me that Tom Osborne paved the way for Bo to get fired by getting out of the way to letting SE make the decision. Everybody knew that TO wasn't going to fire Bo...Nobody was realistically talking about that when he was AD any way. The demise of Bo started with the Big Ten championship game in 2012, and TO was already transitioning out of things by that point. So who fucking cares if he defended Bo whenever the local press stuck a microphone in his face? He's not the type of guy that is going to throw another coach under the bus.

We really do have the worst fucking fans in the country. I don't know why TO bothers to live in this state any more...the dude gets called upon any time our program is trouble and then half the state pisses and moans when they don't like his decision. If I was him, I'd just tell the entire state to fuck off and go fishing in Colorado. Bo did get one thing right...our fans are fucking idiots.

Man you are just on a roll reading what you want to hear aren't you? You just had to jump in like a typical mong Nebraska fan. You're right, most Nebraska fans are fucking idiots, but they are idiots because of small minded people like you who interpret any criticism of Nebraska as an affront to your own livelihood. @Southpaw raised a perfectly valid point, one which I both agreed and disagreed with for different reasons and you just HAD to jump in thinking it was an attack on Nebraska football and on Football Jesus Tom Osborne.

This is why everyone hates Nebraska fans. It is why everyone on Nutopia troll us, it is why everyone across the country laughs at us. It isn't because we get our fucking doors blown off every year, it isn't the 9-4 seasons or the raving lunatic head corch or his mediocre Beaver replacement... it is posts like yours. The small minded red headed step child way of thinking every criticism is an attack and that there is someone, somewhere to blame for everything. We come off as a bunch of entitled brats living off of dad's money while everyone else exists in the real world. It's why we are an easy mark for :trollface:. Believe it or not, people can discuss Nebraska football without it being an attack.

Somehow you managed to read my posts and in typical Nebraska fan fashion, interpreted them as me wanting Tom Osborne tarred and feathered. My posts were in response to Southpaw's perfectly valid point wondering why Nebraska's "new" administration (which does include Tom Osborne, whether you like it or not) gets a pass for tolerating everything that happened under Bo only to call him on it after the fact? I very simply asked why is there a double standard at Nebraska? Why are Steve Pederson and Bill Callahan universally blamed for everything wrong with Nebraska football while Tom Osborne, Shawn Eichorst and Bo Pelini mostly get a pass?

The bottom line is that it isn't any one person's "fault". It isn't Steve Pederson's fault Nebraska is where they are, it isn't Bill Callahan's fault, it isn't Tom Osborne's fault, it isn't Shawn Eichorst's fault, it isn't Bo Pelini's fault, it isn't Frank Solich's fault. No one person is at fault, everyone involved shares this burden equally including the fans Bo Pelini and yourself so badly despise. We all have a share in this. Nebraska is hardly the only program in the country to have struggled with that problem.

It is a very real possibility that we'll be doing this again in 5 years and maybe again 5 years after that. That isn't the fault of any one person. The sooner we can get out of the past and move onto the future, the better this program and University will be.

For the longest time I wondered why people like @Irishman and @GatorTD and others had such a hard-on for trolling Nebraska, now I get it.

Youngstown State's corch who was just fired made 250K a year. I would bet that Pelini will make like 400-500K. And whatever side money laundering Tressel convinced him to go to that shit hole of a college.

I was actually comparing what CSU paid McElwain with what Montana paid their last coach.

But I had no idea an FCS school could possibly afford to pay a football coach nearly a half a mil.

bighuskermav

Mod Alumni
blah blah blah....

Honestly, I don't even know what your fucking point is half the time....you seem to want to blame everyone who has ever been associated with Nebraska football. Good for you...here's your cookie.

Goatse_cookie.jpg

bighuskermav

Mod Alumni
Would love to hear what you guys would say about the people who just fired you. What Pelini did was less than classy but give me a break, the dude just got shit canned.

That discussion was 2-3 days after he got let go. If you can't compose yourself enough in that timeframe to deliver a classy "resignation speech", then you're not in the right business.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Would love to hear what you guys would say about the people who just fired you. What Pelini did was less than classy but give me a break, the dude just got shit canned.

I'm all for people telling their boss they are a no good pussy after getting fired, just do it to their face. Hell, do it in front of a camera for the world to see. Had Bo Pelini done an interview after he was fired that just said Shawn Eichorst is an asshole lawyer who doesn't know football and Nebraska fans are negative pieces of shit who don't deserve a winning football team, I'd fully support it. I mean that in all honesty. Hell, he very well could be right. I'm one of those asshole Nebraska fans who probably expects too much.

What I have no tolerance for is someone who calls together a group of 18-22 year old kids to preach integrity and values while calling his former boss a pussy and a cunt and saying the fans, athletic director and administration wanted them to fail. Bo fucking HATED it at Nebraska, we all knew that, but he gets $150,000 a month to leave... those kids he is preaching to about how bad everything about Nebraska sucks have to stay and pick up the pieces. That isn't fair to them, or fair to the next guy. I wonder how Bo would feel if Bill Callahan had done that before Bo took over, probably not too thrilled. For someone who calls himself an "old school" football coach, I feel like this was very much not an old school way of handling things.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Bill Jennings also went on a rant when he got fired...so maybe it is "old school" in a way.

Did you get a chance to listen to the audio or just read the transcript?

I will say this for Bo, it reads far worse than it sounded. I just don't get how he can justify saying those things, to that audience. They don't get buyout checks and a free ride out of Nebraska, they've got to be here for the next guy. For 99% of them, that diploma will say University of Nebraska. How do you justify, as a coach or just an adult in general, just totally trashing an institution like that knowing you just get to bounce while they have to pick up the pieces.

And he had the balls to talk about integrity and values while doing it.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
For anyone that hasn't heard it and has a free half an hour to listen to a grown man tell 18-22 year old kids their fans, school and administration wanted them to fail... here you go:

http://studio.omaha.com/EXPLICIT-Ra...=28270572&freewheel=91341&sitesection=omahawh

Even Will Muschamp, a raging maniac in his own right, had the awareness to accept the blame for his failures. 30 minutes of Bo blaming everyone but never once saying he failed or let his players down.

bighuskermav

Mod Alumni
Yes, I listened to the full audio earlier this evening. When I read the transcript, I imagined him shouting the entire thing with a vein popping out of his neck. His tone was a lot more measured. His use of "cunt", "fuck", "pussy" and "dick" even came off as objective criticisms. What was inexcusable was when he said, "I don't think Nebraska has a plan and I don't know what is going to happen." That sort of needless speculation is poison. It also was a bunch of self-serving nonsense...he kept saying "I am here for you guys (the players)", yet he would always turn the subject back to being about himself.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Yes, I listened to the full audio earlier this evening. When I read the transcript, I imagined him shouting the entire thing with a vein popping out of his neck. His tone was a lot more measured. His use of "cunt", "fuck", "pussy" and "dick" even came off as objective criticisms. What was inexcusable was when he said, "I don't think Nebraska has a plan and I don't know what is going to happen." That sort of needless speculation is poison. It also was a bunch of self-serving nonsense...he kept saying "I am here for you guys (the players)", yet he would always turn the subject back to being about himself.

Yep when I read it I imagined typical Bo Pelini slamming his fist on the podium screaming. For someone who has never shown much ability to be eloquent or thoughtful, that was shockingly eloquent and thoughtful. The fact that it was so cool and calculated makes me wonder just how much of that was premeditated. The way he went through that talk made it sound like he had thought that speech over for months and months and just needed the opportunity to say it.

I don't even necessarily disagree with some of his points. I think Eichorst is a jackass, I think Perlman's an even bigger jackass and Nebraska fans are a bunch of entitled pricks but he did not need to go about it that way.

The entire speech was just him saying how no one supported him, everyone was out to get him, everyone wanted him to fail. "I love you guys... I'm always here for you guys" but this place sucks and it was taking years off my life and I hate it here. Would it have killed him to say, just once, that he let the players down? Has he ever said that? More than the usual "we have to coach better" bullshit, did he ever just take responsibility? I don't understand it, he cannot possibly be THAT clueless.

I get that Nebraska isn't easy and Nebraska fans aren't easy and the administration isn't easy either but to pretty much say the Wisconsin game was a result of the negativity around the program is just laughable. As if negativity ran for 408 fucking yards.

I lost track of how many times Pelini said "at the end of the day" during his rant. SE is a cunt. Really Bo? Don't sugar coat it, tell us how you really feel. :nebraskaman:

I don't know if you guys remember Rob Zatechka, or Dr Rob Zatechka as he is known now. He has a podcast on http://huskerdoctalk.podbean.com/

I have always enjoyed his podcasts. Zatechka has always provided some clear headed, insightful opinions on the Huskers. Its nice hear objective opinions from former players.

Last edited:
I haven't listened to it and am not going to.

It sounds like maybe he did it in a "private" closed door meeting, that wasn't truly one, in order to try and circumvent the non-disparagement clause. If I were Nebraska I'd assert that he had violated the clause and make him come fight me for his monies.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I lol'd even more that Nebraska even dignified Bo's trog rant with a real response. What a bunch of Jake Turkeys you have in that program. Such offended by Bo, So wow.

If I was the AD, my response would have been the following:

Dear Bo,

Sincerely,
Cunt

Instead we got some country bumpkin reply all about men of character and other such bullshit. LMAO.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
I haven't listened to it and am not going to.

It sounds like maybe he did it in a "private" closed door meeting, that wasn't truly one, in order to try and circumvent the non-disparagement clause. If I were Nebraska I'd assert that he had violated the clause and make him come fight me for his monies.

Unfortunately, he doesn't have a non-disparagement clause in his contract. He does have a morals clause that does include things like this, but that is only as a grounds for termination for cause. Since he was already terminated, I think the administration would have a hard time selling that.

I agree on principal though, Nebraska should do everything in their power to see what they can do about getting some or all of the buyout money back. Only Bo Pelini could be such a hypocritical asshole to call a team meeting to trash the University and administration paying him $150,000 a month for the next 4+ years. Being mad you were fired is one thing, being a slanderous dick is another.

The real question isnt whether or not Nebraska handled this the right way but if Pelini is 100% right.

Early returns are no, he wasn't. Maybe correct on the Shawn Eichorst is a pussy part of things but Tom Osborne already came out and said the part about Osborne being forced out was a lie. He was grasping at straws.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
I lol'd even more that Nebraska even dignified Bo's trog rant with a real response. What a bunch of Jake Turkeys you have in that program. Such offended by Bo, So wow.

If I was the AD, my response would have been the following:

Dear Bo,

Sincerely,
Cunt

Instead we got some country bumpkin reply all about men of character and other such bullshit. LMAO.

Oh god, if only. I'm guessing they went with the men of character bullshit because the theme of Bo's entire rant was integrity and values while at the same time calling his boss a cunt. I would have much preferred your way.

Wonder what Bo is going to do when the buyout money is gone and he realizes he's making $250K a year to corch Penguins at who gives a fuck state while Jim Tressel watches his every move.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Oh god, if only. I'm guessing they went with the men of character bullshit because the theme of Bo's entire rant was integrity and values while at the same time calling his boss a cunt. I would have much preferred your way.

Wonder what Bo is going to do when the buyout money is gone and he realizes he's making $250K a year to corch Penguins at who gives a fuck state while Jim Tressel watches his every move.
That is one sick financial management BURN.