• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

the NHL Thread

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Duchene or Wheeler would fit nicely in Edmonton's top 6. Prolly too expensive though.

Holland giving out bad contracts continues to hamstring his ability to find good players without trading away all his draft picks or getting nothing in return for players. Fuckin dinosaur. They need a young, savvy GM before 97 and 29 leave.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Quick and Wheeler to the Rags
Ekman-Larsson to the Panthers
O'Reilly and Schenn to SMASHVILLE
Reaves to Toronto
JVR to Boston

Oilers signed someone named Lane Pederson, who was apparently injured for most of last year.

Edit: not injured, in the AHL, haha

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Fuck, PISSBURGH got Karlsson from San Jose in a three team deal. That has to put them in the top tier of the East for next year if they can stay healthy.

I don't expect Karlsson to make that much difference. It does nothing to change the fact that their core is old. I guess we'll see, but they really lack identity and I'm not sure this solves that.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
True. And the current cap makes it harder for teams with aging cores to really have a true transition to a new generation. Probably going to happen to Tampa Bay soon.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Yeah the gloves look better in low light but the pants are prolly irredeemable. Will have to see how they look in action but woof.

Still better than whatever changes the Flyers made this year. Oh, a slightly different orange shade and they removed the outline of the sleeve numbers. So wow. Much gritty.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Prediction time

Atlantic: Toronto, Florida, Tampa Bay, Buffalo, Boston, Ottawa, Detroit, Montreal
Metro: New Jersey, Carolina, Rangers, Pittsburgh, Islanders, Washington, Philadelphia, Columbus

Central: Colorado, Dallas, Minnesota, Nashville, Winnipeg, Arizona, St. Louis, Chicago
Pacific: Edmonton, Vegas, Los Angeles, Calgary, Seattle, Vancouver, Anaheim, San Jose

Colorado over Carolina for the Cup