• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

The Logo Thread (Minors/College)

Wooly

Whoa, whoa, whoa, why New London? That is what I was thinking for a minor league team, no joke. I am moving the Tanners to the eastern seaboard, Halifax, at the end of the season. I used to live across the river from New London too, right by the submarine base.

ZackMills

Have mercy
Whoa, whoa, whoa, why New London? That is what I was thinking for a minor league team, no joke. I am moving the Tanners to the eastern seaboard, Halifax, at the end of the season. I used to live across the river from New London too, right by the submarine base.

jesse-tear-1442017203.gif

Wooly

It was the sole condition for anyone taking over that team. What a line stepper.
:laughing: No, there was no condition, although Zach said he hoped I would keep it in SF. You couldn't have such a condition on a new manager anyway, since moving a team and making it yours is an essential part of the immersion. Zach also asked if Reel wanted the team back and to move them back to Louisiana, before SF was offered to me.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Wooly definitely shouldn't have been allowed to take over the best logo in the league. Leach should have moved to keep it.

Bruin still gets new haven, he called it first.

Wooly

Wooly definitely shouldn't have been allowed to take over the best logo in the league. Leach should have moved to keep it.

Bruin still gets new haven, he called it first.

If UK wants to move to SF and take over the logo or whatever, he can have it. Moving to London was also high on my list, except someone was already there. The London Fog would be a cool team name.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
If UK wants to move to SF and take over the logo or whatever, he can have it. Moving to London was also high on my list, except someone was already there. The London Fog would be a cool team name.
I'll have to move and kill the Tulips

Wooly

I'm a great neighbor. I keep the lawn mowed and dandelions sprayed. And I have really nice flower beds, including tulips.

Wooly

I have no idea what the league does for moving teams around. I assume you can move anywhere, so long as it's not too near someone else, or too similar a theme. Something like that?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'm a great neighbor. I keep the lawn mowed and dandelions sprayed. And I have really nice flower beds, including tulips.
Idk what that means. I'm saying i have to kill my team now and move to san francisco. I still can't believe they let you have that without a clause disallowing you to move. They dumb

Wooly

Doesn't seem like a good idea to not let people move where they want. That is a big part of the immersion. Like I said, if anyone wants to move to SF and take over the name and logo, they are welcome to it. I really don't like the colors either, no offense meant Zach, I just don't like that combination.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Doesn't seem like a good idea to not let people move where they want. That is a big part of the immersion. Like I said, if anyone wants to move to SF and take over the name and logo, they are welcome to it. I really don't like the colors either, no offense meant Zach, I just don't like that combination.

It's not a good idea, it's a great idea. There are team brands that are less and there are team brands that are more, that is one of the top teams in the league. So I would have put the stipulation in and you would either accept or not.

And they shouldn't let you move now anyway, it should be an extended wait to see if you even actually stick around. Quale can't just pump out logos that take a long time to watch the team move 3 seasons later. It's up to those two, but you really shouldn't expect to just be able to up and move the team after your first season.

I still don't know why Leach was able to come up with a name like that and get rid of Cairo, but he's been an off and on member in the league for a long time so maybe they let him because of that. I'd have made him stay for a few seasons at least tho.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
That makes sense. That was around the time I was away so I didn't really know what happened.

Wooly

No one said he could move the team. I don't know where he got that idea.
Because I just took over as a new GM and I want to make it my own team, just like others have done. What's wrong with that? I assumed from the beginning that I would be able to move & rename the team and make it my own. That is what makes the game fun.

Lots of teams have moved over the years. Zach moved this same team to SF when he took it over from Reel. He gave them a new name and logo too, based on a tv show. He did that for the same reason anyone wants to, their own immersion. This is my 3rd full time year in the league too, since I ran Dam for 55 and 56, so you know I have some level of commitment.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Lots of teams have moved over the years.

Actually that's not true. It's only happened 6 times really.
Sao Paulo > Baton Rouge > San Fran
Australia > North Dakota
Tehran > Kabul
Cairo > UK
Key West > Miami

New Zealand moving to little rock doesn't really count because bdub never played and new zealand was an expansion team that was maybe a year or two old. The other times were at the creation of the league when gooksta wanted to play then quit immediately and some dude disappeared after 1 season allowing LC to take over. Panama was another half season quit which led to us tricking osick to join.

It really doesn't happen often, but we really don't have a lot of turnover either.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Because I just took over as a new GM and I want to make it my own team, just like others have done. What's wrong with that? I assumed from the beginning that I would be able to move & rename the team and make it my own. That is what makes the game fun.

Lots of teams have moved over the years. Zach moved this same team to SF when he took it over from Reel. He gave them a new name and logo too, based on a tv show. He did that for the same reason anyone wants to, their own immersion. This is my 3rd full time year in the league too, since I ran Dam for 55 and 56, so you know I have some level of commitment.
Everything is wrong with that.

Wooly

Well, then considering there is not a lot of turnover, it still looks like teams often move when new people take over, including recently with North Dakota and Miami. And that makes sense. People want to make a team their own when they take over. I took over a team assuming I could make it my own, with my own logos, location, name, etc. That is half the fun. Why does anyone else care where I move the team? We have a team in Kabul, why does anyone care where my team is? I just never anticipated any objections to moving the team where I wanted, this is kind of shocking to me.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
1) Nobody cares where your team is
2) We do care about teams moving consistently
3) I'm sure they'll let you move, but it might be another season or two. Or they may just let you this off-season

Personally I find it shocking every time something shocks you, so we're in the same boat on that.

ZackMills

Have mercy
Zach moved this same team to SF when he took it over from Reel.

When I took over, I actually planned to stay in Baton Rogue so I could give that city a winner. Then I saw that Feliple Brito was my starting CF, realized I had to get the stink off the organization, and moved. I still blame @Orlando for my poor first season since I had to play in SF as the Tanners with @Reel Stinkdad uniforms.