• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

The Boxing Thread

bruin

So bad that they’ve gotta be trolling. When you make a Paul brother look like a reasonable one, you’re doing it wrong.

Also, Cari Champion is at VICE now? Yikes. She’s a Bruin, but that’s a fall from grace like her co host.

Wolfman21

So bad that they’ve gotta be trolling. When you make a Paul brother look like a reasonable one, you’re doing it wrong.

Also, Cari Champion is at VICE now? Yikes. She’s a Bruin, but that’s a fall from grace like her co host.

i mean...they were both laughing throughout the little mini segment that i watched. Hell, Jamelle couldn't even get it out of her mouth without laughing. Shes as race-baity as they come but i don't see where even she could come up with something this damn stupid. I just assume that VICE, whatever that is...im not up on my publications, is struggling for viewers and figured they would just ask something so outrageous that people would have to look. Kinda like rubberneckers on a bad car accident.

bruin

Lmao. Her husband was her manager. Supposedly her other fights were against strippers needing a payday. That’s Seniesa Estrada who took her out, baddie from LA.

Never underestimate the crooked world of boxing. Mob bosses and fixes still run the sport to this day.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Damn, that's brutal. She was 5-0 before the fight?

Lol, that's probably what would happen to 5-0 USC if they ever somehow got in the CFP.

bruin

Card on FOX tonight. Main event is a mismatch, but on the co main is two heavyweights, so can’t go wrong there.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Truax is a local dude, too old and in the twilight of his career to stand much of a chance tonight but was a tough mofo to go all 12 rounds.

bruin

Zhang and Forrest were throwing BOMBS, bros. Then they gassed out and it was a majority draw. Huge comeback from Forrest considering he got knockdown 3 times in the first 3 rounds

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
There’s only one, Ricky Hatton...
One, Ricky Hatton...
Walking around, singing his song...

Yeah, Hatton's followers were awesome - definitely made his fights have the feel of a football match. I recall that bout with Pacquiao where I don't think they stopped chanting that song all night - even after Hatton hit the canvas.

bruin

Undercard of Herring-Frampton for Herring’s wbo junior lightweight title is airing now..18164

On ESPN+

bruin

Lmao.

Pinche bitches. Fight one on one. Banging in the stands. Musta found out the Dodgers blew another lead...

bruin

Tomorrow night Josh Taylor vs Jose Ramirez for the undisputed championship at Jr Welterweight. 5PT/8EST on ESPN.

And Manny Pacquiao just put this out. TRUE MEGA fight my bros.18955

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Well damn. It's always sad when you see a once great fighter look totally outmatched, especially against a relative nobody, but Yourdenis Ugas was easily the better fighter against Manny Pacquiao tonight. He was too quick, and he used his reach and jab extremely effectively. Pacman looked as helpless against Ugas as he did against Mayweather, and Ugas ain't nowhere near Floyd Mayweather.

Time for Manny to hang it up and go get the best paid job in the world - president of a 3rd World country.

bruin

Lucky for Pac Spence had to pullout. But yeah, he’s finished. Gonna be 43 later this year ? Footspeed gone. Also, hadn’t fought in 2 years. Was worried though at the end they’d screw the Cuban. Boxing actually got it right last night

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Lucky for Pac Spence had to pullout. But yeah, he’s finished. Gonna be 43 later this year ? Footspeed gone. Also, hadn’t fought in 2 years. Was worried though at the end they’d screw the Cuban. Boxing actually got it right last night

Eh - the fight was very one-sided. From the get-go Ugas was setting the pace and he looked very comfortable with his fight plan. Pacquiao couldn't get inside Ugas' defense and never landed any substantial punches. I was pretty certain the judges wouldn't mess up, like they did when they gave Joe Horn the victory over Pacquiao.

bruin

Eh - the fight was very one-sided. From the get-go Ugas was setting the pace and he looked very comfortable with his fight plan. Pacquiao couldn't get inside Ugas' defense and never landed any substantial punches. I was pretty certain the judges wouldn't mess up, like they did when they gave Joe Horn the victory over Pacquiao.

Very much so agreed. But the 115-113 card got me wincing right away. At best for Pac it’d be 117-11 for the Cuban. I had my card (was kinda hammered 118-110 for Ugas)

This Argentinian kid Castano got robbed earlier this summer vs Charlo in a undisputed fight at JR middleweight with a draw. Of course it was in Charlo’s home state of Texas. What they’ve always said when the challenger draws with a champ in his home state; you really won.