• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

The Boxing Thread

bruin

Pulling big for WILDER

Dodgers - Giants game 2
Bruins

Fight night

Baddie stripper from Lawndale is coming over

SO MANY SCREENS

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Pulling big for WILDER

Dodgers - Giants game 2
Bruins

Fight night

SO MANY SCREENS

I want wilder 2 HERMANO. But I think Tyson too skilled. Would love to see wilder pull it off.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Pulling big for WILDER

Dodgers - Giants game 2
Bruins

Fight night

SO MANY SCREENS

hi-there-mick-mccarthy.gif

bruin

card from Fresno on ESPN+ right now. Jose Ramirez vs Jose Pedraza.

Also, Silver Medalist Toress is making his pro debut at heavyweight.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Card starts at 11:00 BEST coast, so I’d say ring walks would come around 5 ET LEAST COAST COLLINSWORTH TIME

perfect. Plenty of time to recover. Glad it’s not going down whilst the bday champagne room going down will be occurring.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
In a Zaxby’s and ESPN playing some Jack Dempsey and Jack Johnson greatest hits. Gotdamn were those guys legends. Might have to dig out my Irish Mickey Ward book when I get home. RIP 2 the Gotti.

bruin

Tim Bradley saying Whyte is more of a challenge than Wilder is just pundits trying to sell this fight. Will update when I can find a good stream.

bruin

In a Zaxby’s and ESPN playing some Jack Dempsey and Jack Johnson greatest hits. Gotdamn were those guys legends. Might have to dig out my Irish Mickey Ward book when I get home. RIP 2 the Gotti.

During ‘07-‘10 I had Emmanuel Steward’s commentary quote of “and here comes Gatti back!” during their first war as a text alert. RIP to Gatti indeed

Last edited:

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
per TESS: Tommy FURY about to fight. TYSON fury v. WHYTE goes off no later than 4:45 LEASTERN (1:45 BESTERN) possibly 45 minutes earlier depending on undercard results.

evil1

I've always thought that the sign of a great fighter is that they can make good fighters look completely foolish. Stevenson is a great fighter.

bruin

One of my favorite fighters is on Showtime PPV tonight, Tank Davis. Crackstreams ftw, bros

bruin

Big fight Saturday night bros in Vegas. Tank Davis vs Ryan Garcia. No belts on the line and it’s at a catch weight, but some of the two best younger fighters out there. Been following Tank is whole career.

Will be in the 80’s over the weekend. Grilling? Can’t wait..
5422.jpg

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Big fight Saturday night bros in Vegas. Tank Davis vs Ryan Garcia. No belts on the line and it’s at a catch weight, but some of the two best younger fighters out there. Been following Tank is whole career.

Will be in the 80’s over the weekend. Grilling? Can’t wait..
5422.jpg

Pretty one sided, though. Davis just appears to be in a whole, 'nother class than any of his opponents. You could see after Garcia got knocked down in the 2nd that he was scurred.

Unfortunately, Davis has a similar style to Floyd Mayweather. Meaning he is very excellent at what he does, uses his energy very efficiently, is as quick as a cobra in the counter-punch ----- and is boring af to watch.

Also, @bruin, caught the Shakur Stevenson vs. Shuichiro Yoshino fight the other week. Another very one-sided match, but Stevenson is FUN to watch! Even his jabs look like power punches, and it was almost shocking to see an undefeated boxer in Yoshino totally look like a BUM against him.

bruin

Pretty one sided, though. Davis just appears to be in a whole, 'nother class than any of his opponents. You could see after Garcia got knocked down in the 2nd that he was scurred.

Unfortunately, Davis has a similar style to Floyd Mayweather. Meaning he is very excellent at what he does, uses his energy very efficiently, is as quick as a cobra in the counter-punch ----- and is boring af to watch.

Also, @bruin, caught the Shakur Stevenson vs. Shuichiro Yoshino fight the other week. Another very one-sided match, but Stevenson is FUN to watch! Even his jabs look like power punches, and it was almost shocking to see an undefeated boxer in Yoshino totally look like a BUM against him.

It was interesting seeing Floyd walkout with Tank to the ring as they had a falling out in recent years. Tank came up under Mayweather promotions and kinda looked at Floyd as a mentor. You can literally see Tank trying to listen to Floyd’s instructions during some of the rounds from ringside. I still think Tank’s best weight is 135, but his lifestyle has outgrown it.

Shakur might be Boxing’s Pound for Pound best sooner rather than later. His demolishing of Oscar Valdez a year back was sensational as signs of a great fighter is when you make a good fighter like Valdez look plain ordinary. No one is calling out Stevenson though. He’s too good.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
It was interesting seeing Floyd walkout with Tank to the ring as they had a falling out in recent years. Tank came up under Mayweather promotions and kinda looked at Floyd as a mentor. You can literally see Tank trying to listen to Floyd’s instructions during some of the rounds from ringside. I still think Tank’s best weight is 135, but his lifestyle has outgrown it.

Shakur might be Boxing’s Pound for Pound best sooner rather than later. His demolishing of Oscar Valdez a year back was sensational as signs of a great fighter is when you make a good fighter like Valdez look plain ordinary. No one is calling out Stevenson though. He’s too good.

Yeah, pretty sure Davis can go up another couple of weight classes and still be great. Catch-weight fights, in my estimation, always seem to favor the guy coming up to make weight, rather than the guy coming down. Unless the guy coming up has just recently come up from an even lighter weight class.

Yeah Stevenson is really entertaining - he's really, really good. I don't honestly see a weakness in his game right now, at his current weight class. As he ages, he'll likely go up in class too, and then we'll see whether he can retain that kind of power against bigger guys.