• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

The 130th Annual WBL Winter Meetings in Paris, TEX-- umm, wait... TIJUANA, MEXICO!!!

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
I think we should get Karl to edit them all down to 3' tall with 10/80 ratings in everything and have a midget playoff.

Mh7EWS.gif

jdlikewhoa

Lol. I thought it might be the subject of gr8 debate. Didn’t think it would be Karl throwing the flag on the play though

jdlikewhoa

Wasn’t as bad as I remember. Take the option year away and make it fully guaranteed for all I care. I assumed everyone else had the PO because that’s what he asked for so I wasn’t going to let that be the reason I missed out on him

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
It's fine. Stop interfering. He just back loaded after an option. If everyone else was too stupid to do this then fuck them.

Seriously, I have about had it with you. You are single-handedly making this league absolutely miserable for me. Do you think I enjoy waking up every day to 4-5 notifications, all of which are complaints, crying, requests or some combination of all three? Enough.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Should make it a team option JD. I absolutely don't see a problem with these sorts of contracts. Anyone can offer them, so we're all in the same boat and if he's optioned back on the market another team gets a chance.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Seriously, I have about had it with you. You are single-handedly making this league absolutely miserable for me. Do you think I enjoy waking up every day to 4-5 notifications, all of which are complaints, crying, requests or some combination of all three? Enough.

And you're telling me to chill out. :laughing:

Maybe try not taking everything so seriously.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
The issue is it's a Pro IFA and not a regular FA. If he opts out, JD gets him on basically a TO with zero buyout for 3 straight years (and I believe he WILL opt out... any player worth a damn does).

We didn't have a rule so I'm fine with it being allowed but putting in opt outs for Pro IFA's is cheesy when you can get them right back on arb.

jdlikewhoa

Like I said. Make it fully guaranteed. I only left it on because I assumed players value having a player option over being locked in long term

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Do good players ever NOT opt out? So if/when he does opt-out, JD got this guy at a discount for a few years compared at the AAV. Or, with his short service time, does he opt out but then end up in arbitration?

JD being on the hook for those final years seems pretty unlikely.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
The correct decision is subjective. I’m just curious if they truly ALWAYS opt out.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I am running tests right now and the all 80s russian super star player did not opt out, but he only had 2 years of service so he'd be going from 20m to league min. I have two other players which may opt out since their terms are longer.

jdlikewhoa

I am running tests right now and the all 80s russian super star player did not opt out, but he only had 2 years of service so he'd be going from 20m to league min. I have two other players which may opt out since their terms are longer.

Can you run some tests and let me know if Rivera turns into a GOAT so I know whether to urge you to void this thing

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
The issue is it's a Pro IFA and not a regular FA. If he opts out, JD gets him on basically a TO with zero buyout for 3 straight years (and I believe he WILL opt out... any player worth a damn does).

We didn't have a rule so I'm fine with it being allowed but putting in opt outs for Pro IFA's is cheesy when you can get them right back on arb.

Ah. Got it.