• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

The 130th Annual WBL Winter Meetings in Paris, TEX-- umm, wait... TIJUANA, MEXICO!!!

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Also -- if @TonyGin&Juice does actually blow his load on that 22-year old SP, I'll have like $70m of space so bring on your cum dumps WELCOME @goblue96 @hayvis

LET'S GET STUPID!

t4wuAtVtNcKZ-8ItT2R2Pvdgphc3TC_PODeuovkcOtkcWIGLfyvdwWaU096aZvas-axKM6Te2gKrB-677q3JXgCPVoVjFxJBb9rDZjlnDrFolKiBwmFUgantm9sUfNzJ9W9E2QOi0l_5uLwxqXb2ASbyFnyXVgJPBVnqLuQp7fd1z4s1eHhAccMydcHRfOvoi0TUvb8qp_PB_7A_IZ8Su_g_SSWJS_lIa-XZhURwPRUc2FkoVplS8HGN3f8z

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
This FA period has also significantly changed competitive balance in the league.

Last off-season Calhau was as FA and no one bid for him. Same with Cornell. I could just let guys like that go and sign them for less than extensions. I thought I could do that with Xiao... no way any more. I'm going to have to sign Galit for like 5/100 to keep him now.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
This FA period has also significantly changed competitive balance in the league.

Last off-season Calhau was as FA and no one bid for him. Same with Cornell. I could just let guys like that go and sign them for less than extensions. I thought I could do that with Xiao... no way any more. I'm going to have to sign Galit for like 5/100 to keep him now.
You should have told Tim Walz not to have pussed out and that might still be the case. Right now I’m all in and going all out since I have nothing else to do.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Looks like (good) players are going to be more valuable, so drafting, draft picks and cheap/minimum contracts are going to be more important than they ever have been. If you can do well in the draft and accumulate picks it's going to hold the balance of power. I've always been the leagues best drafter so I'm going to win in this new world.

doh

Looks like (good) players are going to be more valuable, so drafting, draft picks and cheap/minimum contracts are going to be more important than they ever have been. If you can do well in the draft and accumulate picks it's going to hold the balance of power. I've always been the leagues best drafter so I'm going to win in this new world.
I agree-- The way the league was the same teams kept on winning because no one else was driving up the price of good FA's. Now that the HAVES are in bidding wars/will need to sign fair extensions before guys hit FA, the balance of the league is going to change dramatically.

Value on cost controlled players, picks will increase too as you said.

Guys wanting huge extensions from teams is realistic. The economy was failing when they would sign for 50% of it in FA because so few teams wanted to win. That has changed and parity is going to increase big time.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I agree-- The way the league was the same teams kept on winning because no one else was driving up the price of good FA's. Now that the HAVES are in bidding wars/will need to sign fair extensions before guys hit FA, the balance of the league is going to change dramatically.

Guys wanting huge extensions from teams is realistic. The economy was failing when they would sign for 50% of it in FA because so few teams wanted to win. That has changed and parity is going to increase big time.

I think the humans always wanted to win, but the cpu teams just haven't ever got anywhere close to being good stand ins. Mind you, I've always more or less spent my budget and not been able to afford even half price elite guys in FA. I don't know where people are getting the money from; I suppose it's just more people so the talent has to spread farther until there's nothing left.....

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday

So we timewarped to the 2040's/50's again, Marty?

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.

It’s hard to want to win when you aren’t playing.

doh

Extension requests are already insane. Why would we mess with this after one insane offseason in which everyone logged in for the first time in five seasons?
They WERE insane compared to what they'd get in FA but now they're pretty rational. Xiao will sign for double his extension request. The mid-tier guys who aren't worth it will get to FA.

But yeah-- I do not think we should mess with any economic settings again. They're good (if you like a game where the best teams can't ever get their budgets to increase).

doh

I think the humans always wanted to win, but the cpu teams just haven't ever got anywhere close to being good stand ins. Mind you, I've always more or less spent my budget and not been able to afford even half price elite guys in FA. I don't know where people are getting the money from; I suppose it's just more people so the talent has to spread farther until there's nothing left.....
Disagree big time: CPU teams are set to try to win. If we let the CPU sign who they wanted, they'd be playoff teams most years. They tend to sign the above average starter FAs to big, longer contracts. They value the 2-3-4 WAR players a lot more than we do.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Disagree big time: CPU teams are set to try to win. If we let the CPU sign who they wanted, they'd be playoff teams most years. They tend to sign the above average starter FAs to big, longer contracts. They value the 2-3-4 WAR players a lot more than we do.

This is so on brand for @doh it is incredible

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Are there any CPU teams left? If so, we should fill those slots.

We can’t let the CPU sign FAs because they don’t export, lol. They would snipe our offers and sign every FA

doh

@doh actually isn’t wrong.
Can I get this framed?

Yeah I agree... eliminating feeders is going to drastically change the game and we won't see the effects for 10 seasons.

Beyond the pitching-- I think we kept on getting trog bats because in feeders, guys would need to play games at a position to get ratings. If (by luck) you had two gr8 guys at the same position on a HS/COL team, you'd have one DH and never really develop their position. Now, guys will have much better ratings at positions. BART SCOTT for guys from reel high schools again too. I remember I once drafted a guy from my HS.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Can I get this framed?

Yeah I agree... eliminating feeders is going to drastically change the game and we won't see the effects for 10 seasons.

Beyond the pitching-- I think we kept on getting trog bats because in feeders, guys would need to play games at a position to get ratings. If (by luck) you had two gr8 guys at the same position on a HS/COL team, you'd have one DH and never really develop their position. Now, guys will have much better ratings at positions. BART SCOTT for guys from reel high schools again too. I remember I once drafted a guy from my HS.
Based on the classes Karl shared, the position ratings still needed development. What you are describing aren’t really trog bats though.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Short term benefits: FA is insane, winter meetings are back, immersion is through the roof, @doh is mortgaging his future, Seoul/Moscow don’t get some GOAT IFA

jdlikewhoa

Target 1 of 2 acquired. Looking forward to moving Fertile to DH and reducing the wear and tear to my Fragile GOAT.

Are there any big bats that arent lefties in this league?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Target 1 of 2 acquired. Looking forward to moving Fertile to DH and reducing the wear and tear to my Fragile GOAT.

Are there any big bats that arent lefties in this league?
Damn I think I forgot to export. Did you sign. Xiao?

doh

Based on the classes Karl shared, the position ratings still needed development. What you are describing aren’t really trog bats though.
Yeah they still need development. They don't come ready made at positions but they at least get SOME action in the field it seems like.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Yeah they still need development. They don't come ready made at positions but they at least get SOME action in the field it seems like.

They all had 20's & 30's for position ratings, but had much better fielding ratings than we've been getting. That was at 1.25 (we're currently at 1.00). I dialed it back to 1.125 because there were no bad fielders anymore, haha. The worst guys were average.