• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Sarknado II - USC Trojans 2015 season.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
The biggest victory of the season for Trojan football. A great day for the sport. The Shark-er Sark, has been turned into fish and chips! Yaaaaay!

zKPYMg.jpg

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Better now than at the end of the year, since the likelihood of Sark fucking up yet again is nearly a guarantee. Yeah, this season is torpedoed, for sure. Good thing we're not playing Penn State this year, but every other team except Colorado is gonna rape us.

Gjge, Haden. :thumbsup:

Now the USC job is even less attractive than it was when Kiffin took it in the wake of the Reggie Bush sanctions.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I'm guessing his ass is on the line, and he fired Sark to save hisself. Hard to fire the AD and have a coaching and AD search going on at the same time.

nofx94

Who do y'all have in mind for a coach? I think if Helton can win either rivalry and not get blown out in the other he should get the job. I'm tired of these coaching searches yielding lame results. And I don't see a home run guy waiting in the wings.

I don't see another failing pro coach we need to invest in. I don't think we need to keep trying to pick up whomever Carroll didn't bother bringing with him to Seattle.

And I don't know if anything can stop me rooting for the Trojans, but if they somehow get Brian Kelly, that's a start.

Enviado desde mi XT1064 mediante Tapatalk

nofx94

Justin Fuente outta Memphis. His price is only gonna go up they more they win.

Tom Herman
Mike Riley
Of those I'd probably most rather Fuente. Riley is struggling to get to six wins. Herman looks to me like he'll stay in Houston until a big job between the Midwest and Southwest opens up. Plus half a season isn't enough of a resume for me to endorse him, though I am impressed.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
wouldn't mind seeing Fuente come home to OU once STOOOOOOOPS is run out of town
I'm genuinely curious what it would take for Stoops to feel real pressure.

Another 8-4 season? That would mean losing three games out of: TCU, TTU, Baylor, OSU, and KSU. That almpst seems automatic with the pairing of a poor OL and subpar D.

How about 7-5? Losing four of the above still seems more likely than not at the moment.

6-6? That would mean losing all five of those games, a truly disastrous season. Tech seems least likely to win, considering their defense is probably right there with Tulsa, but every other one is going to be really tough for OU to win. Especially with that God awful OL.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
yeah, I could definitely see OU only winning against KU and ISU for the rest of the year. don't know how many more times bobby can throw his assistants under the bus before the people in charge realize he's the problem. well, him and his mong brother.

nofx94

They probably won't lose again. This isn't even the first time in the last four years that they've lost to Texas when they shouldn't have and still finished with eleven wins. If they do lose to, say, TCU and Baylor (I doubt they lose to both because of TCU's general inconsistency and Baylor having not played a meaningful snap yet). Bob Stoop's biggest problem is he won't fire his brother, which on the long list of possible problems a head coach could have, there are worse ones. Going 8-5 every five or so years doesn't negate the fact that he's won more Big 12 titles than any active coach and has beat Texas more times than he's lost. Going undefeated ain't easy and neither is consistently being in the title conversation, especially considering that before last year the title game came down to a vote. It still does but now two more teams get a shot.

Brick

They probably won't lose again. This isn't even the first time in the last four years that they've lost to Texas when they shouldn't have and still finished with eleven wins. If they do lose to, say, TCU and Baylor (I doubt they lose to both because of TCU's general inconsistency and Baylor having not played a meaningful snap yet).
HMMMMMMMMMM

nofx94

Lol. Well my college team is the Trojans so if you want to throw salt I guess this is the week.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Watched the replay of the 2005 USC-Notre Dame game. Holy hell what a finish that was, and I distinctly recall turning off the TV several times near the end because I thought SC had lost (only to turn it back on only seconds later). I nearly broke my TV when the timekeeper kept letting the clock run down after the ref was clearly signaling for the clock to stop.

Anyway, tomorrow I fully expect a 40-lb. box to be delivered, so anything other than an embarrassing blowout would be a moral victory. :oops:

nofx94

Watched the replay of the 2005 USC-Notre Dame game. Holy hell what a finish that was, and I distinctly recall turning off the TV several times near the end because I thought SC had lost (only to turn it back on only seconds later). I nearly broke my TV when the timekeeper kept letting the clock run down after the ref was clearly signaling for the clock to stop.

Anyway, tomorrow I fully expect a 40-lb. box to be delivered, so anything other than an embarrassing blowout would be a moral victory. :oops:
I know we have the talent. Its a matter of Helton's play calling ability

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
This is the 4th straight year SC has had a different coach for the ND game. That is amazing.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
I know we have the talent. Its a matter of Helton's play calling ability

Lol - I think play calling will be the least of the team's worries tomorrow. The sort of turmoil that has hit the program this past week is not something that a team easily recovers from.

Besides, our defense is soft as Charmin. Notre Dame gon do like they used to and just pound our finesse team into the ground. If Kessler can't light it up early, it could get really ugly, IMO.

OTOH, this could be Helton's big break and it would be interesting if he can rally the team in a similar manner that Orgeron did two years ago. If he does, and USC finishes strong, I'd have to think that he gets the job, at least in the short term. I don't know how many prospective coaches would want to come coach for a guy who fires people without even the courtesy of a face-to-face meeting in an office.

nofx94

Lol - I think play calling will be the least of the team's worries tomorrow. The sort of turmoil that has hit the program this past week is not something that a team easily recovers from.

Besides, our defense is soft as Charmin. Notre Dame gon do like they used to and just pound our finesse team into the ground. If Kessler can't light it up early, it could get really ugly, IMO.

OTOH, this could be Helton's big break and it would be interesting if he can rally the team in a similar manner that Orgeron did two years ago. If he does, and USC finishes strong, I'd have to think that he gets the job, at least in the short term. I don't know how many prospective coaches would want to come coach for a guy who fires people without even the courtesy of a face-to-face meeting in an office.
Closest you get is face to face on the tarmac. Lol.

Ya, motivation is the other big thing. I know hindsight ain't shit, but do you think Orgeron would've done well? I agree that Helton should get the job if he finishes with one or no losses.

Bdub

Hoping they get destroyed tomorrow and decide to mail it in for the rest of the year.

Bdub

Utah the #3 team in the country opens as 3 point dogs against USC. USC could certainly beat Utah but I don't really understand how an unranked team who is coach less and 3 and 3 can logically be the favorite against a top 5 team.

bruin

give me SC straight up while Clay Helton wears that FIGHT ON two tone hoodie. US AGAINST THE WORLD.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Utah the #3 team in the country opens as 3 point dogs against USC. USC could certainly beat Utah but I don't really understand how an unranked team who is coach less and 3 and 3 can logically be the favorite against a top 5 team.
That's why you don't set lines. Lines are set to induce equal betting on both sides. Not to predict margin of victory.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
I've been posting this on here since he fired Kiffin the way he did... guy has zero clue.

Rhodes scholar, doe, which means he's like a lizard among lizards. Even other lizards think he's utterly cold, calculating, and devoid of compassion or social etiquette.

Watch Helton go on a tear, finish the season strong, only to get the boot from Haden as he brings in Mike Riley after he's run out of Lincoln on a rail. :thumbsup:

Or, Helton presides over this dumpster fire and finishes 5-7 (beating Colorado, and managing to shock any of the remaining opponents who are currently licking their chops at the prospect of feasting on the wounded beast), and Haden decides to retain him for reasons of "stability and continuity."

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: