• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Sarknado II - USC Trojans 2015 season.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
If not for my friend, bourbon, I'd be reel e pissed off right now.

Adios Sark. Ur drunken rant made the ice thin. Ur 2 home losses to unranked teams sealed the deal. Fire urrybody. Bring in Carlo Ancelotti. Dat dude just wins.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
I could use some of that bourbon...

This feels like Kiffin all over again. The team is talented, but soft, poorly coached, and incapable of coming from behind. If they don't jump out to a big lead before halftime, it is almost guaranteed they gon lose.

Fuck you, Steve Sarkisian! Fuck you in the ass!

:emo::emo::emo:

Lightningwar

Administrator
I must be the only one who thinks Sark needs a little slack when it comes to play on the field? The guy has worked with reduced scholarships and this is his first with full allotment of players. This up and down play style of the team is how a young inexperienced team with not enough depth plays. USC has a bunch of great athletes littering the first string. But first stringers rarely play every down unless it is a QB.

But I agree being a drunk in a public setting put a target on his back.

bruin

I must be the only one who thinks Sark needs a little slack when it comes to play on the field? The guy has worked with reduced scholarships and this is his first with full allotment of players. This up and down play style of the team is how a young inexperienced team with not enough depth plays. USC has a bunch of great athletes littering the first string. But first stringers rarely play every down unless it is a QB.

I'm definitely right there with you.

Needs at least two more years.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT

But I agree being a drunk in a public setting put a target on his back.

The overall apparent lack of preparation, inability to make in-game adjustments, and inexplicable offensive play calling is what's alarming.

He may get somewhat better, but I think last year was the type of ceiling he's capable of.

nofx94

View attachment 1738

Yeah, give Steve time. He has a track record of taking a few years to rebuild. Once he has his guys in there, you'll see a lot of improvement.
In his defense they were 0-12 before he got there.

I know depth is a problem, but that's usually an excuse for the defense, which did pretty well last night. I'm more concerned with his inability to commit to the run. All the talent in the backfield and he just has to keep throwing even though UW ain't really stopping us on the ground. Next week will not be fun against ND.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
Kiffin and Sark's offenses are basically the opposite of what Chow used to do. Even though it looked boring at times, Chow was great at grinding out a plodding attack early on and setting up the defense to hit them with big plays and quick attacks later. Tons of time we'd have like 10 points at the half, and 40+ by the end.

Sark and Kiff both try to come out firing and then if the defense adjusts, they don't know what to do next.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
FWIW, I think Chow's tendencies were to be much like Sark and Kiffin (i.e. finesse for finesse's sake), but fortunately you had Carroll who wasn't a moran and could see that if you were running down the throat of a team, and they were powerless to stop it, then you keep pounding it.

Plus, with the road graders and top running backs that USC is able to get, a solid running game should be the bread and butter, flashy receivers the icing on the cake. Instead we have a whole cake that's just icing.

nofx94

FWIW, I think Chow's tendencies were to be much like Sark and Kiffin (i.e. finesse for finesse's sake), but fortunately you had Carroll who wasn't a moran and could see that if you were running down the throat of a team, and they were powerless to stop it, then you keep pounding it.

Plus, with the road graders and top running backs that USC is able to get, a solid running game should be the bread and butter, flashy receivers the icing on the cake. Instead we have a whole cake that's just icing.
I feel like they have the cake, they just refuse to eat it. Lol. So obsessed with a Heisman or being considered a QB guru or some shit.

Like, I feel like Sark was more even-handed in his playcalling at UW. I don't get it.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I think winning 7 games every year while always being drunk is somewhat impressive.

But, seriously, how does this happen? Okay, Sark has a problem. But how do you hire that guy? And how does he keep coaching this long?

PSUEagle

I think USC is leaking all of these stories about the various times Sark showed up drunk at practices/games so they can fire him for cause and not pay him.

Haden clearly has buyer's remorse (shocker, I know) and wants to hit reset.

Bdub

I think USC is leaking all of these stories about the various times Sark showed up drunk at practices/games so they can fire him for cause and not pay him.

Haden clearly has buyer's remorse (shocker, I know) and wants to hit reset.
Would be a PR disaster to fire him now. My guess is they try to fire him in the off-season when less people will be paying attention.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Apparently some 5-starz linebacker has changed his mind about USC now.

Fuck every idiot out there taking screenshots of notes on their iPhone and then making that into a social media post. Is that even 140 characters?

This is the dumbest "trend" I've seen in a long time. @Brick

PSUEagle

Would be a PR disaster to fire him now. My guess is they try to fire him in the off-season when less people will be paying attention.

I don't think they'd try to fire him now: more like they're setting things up to eventually reach that conclusion once the season ends and send him packing.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
The curse of Kiffin is still alive and well. Just wait until Saban peaces out for the NFL again.