• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Rose Bowl - Southern Cal vs Penn State - Jan 2, 2017

CJ_24

I am so disappointed that when Fowler just said "Compton and Long Beach coming together" he finished with "here at the Rose Bowl," when it was the perfect opportunity to finish it with "now you know you in trouble." So, so, soooo disappointed.

Lightningwar

Administrator
I honestly don't think he secured it, but you can't prove it either. Just like Herbie (or maybe Fowler) said, if it was ruled incomplete on the field, there would be no way to overturn that either.

But that is why review process is laughable. You and I can look at the catch from the TV camera view bobbling the ball and see he didnt complete the catch in bounds. But because it was ruled a TD. There is a built in bias that the review booth has to prove it isnt a TD. The whole point imo of a replay is to slow it down and see if what a ref saw was actually correct. Not have to prove a ref wrong by using more evidence. A review booth should disregard what the ref called it all together and look at what they actually see imo

Soonerfan09

But that is why review process is laughable. You and I can look at the catch from the TV camera view bobbling the ball and see he didnt complete the catch in bounds. But because it was ruled a TD. There is a built in bias that the review booth has to prove it isnt a TD. The whole point imo of a replay is to slow it down and see if what a ref saw was actually correct. Not have to prove a ref wrong by using more evidence. A review booth should disregard what the ref called it all together and look at what they actually see imo

My only issue with that is that I'm not 100% sure he didn't make the catch. I'm pretty damn sure he didn't complete it, but I'm not positive because there isn't a camera angle that shows indisputable evidence. I actually agree with that rule a majority of the time (indisputable evidence), but there are times where I can be 100% sure without seeing every single frame. I just don't feel that this was one of those instances.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
USC looking more like their early season selfs than the team that beat Washington. Only getting 7 points out of two ints could come back to haunt them.
Agreed. That was a trash first half of football from Troy.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
u5dL06q.gif

u5dL06q.gif

u5dL06q.gif

Brick

Completely agree.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
USC can't let the State Penn Pedos come close to winning. If James Franklin isn't crying like a bitch on the sideline at the end of this game I'm going to be disappointed.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Wow. That was nice.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Keith Jackson sounds a little too old and out-there for TV currently

Brick

So why is Franklin allowed to be on the white of the sideline during a play again?

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
This has to be something that strangely, I will accept. Hawaii winning their bowl game...but USC losing their bowl game in a virtual rematch.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Happy to be up at the half, but it should be by more. Two missed FGs hurt, especially considering Penn State's 2nd half reputation. Puckered sphincter time.

Does seem like Penn State is playing with a lot more energy, even when they were down. Now that they're up it will be a very tough hill to climb. Not too optimistic.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
I can expect that a number of USC assistant corches are gone should this result hold. These guys suck.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Qb trolling with that late slide