• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Reel Report OOTP Edition: San Francisco Tanners

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
I just don't think you were really ever that interested in the game, reel. For that reason, you never properly dove in and tried to understand. I don't blame you, but your posts here are making that pretty clear.
I said that numerous times as well but was sought after to satisfy the token black owner quota

ZackMills

Have mercy
@OU11, I have that black and yellow color scheme, players have the pink jerseys and caps, but still have the generic S logo.

Last edited:

Wolfman21

The only player I started out with that is currently on my Bulls team is Chavez. Prophet was found shortly after I joined, I think. Everyone else on my team I have either drafted, bought off of IFA or traded for. It took me 4 full seasons to make the playoffs, and this was before free agency was full like it is now. As shitty as the Crawdads were, you should have been paying the least amount to FA's as possible and buying as many talented IFA's as you could find and drafting as well/high as you could. Instead your gripe was about there being no good FA's? Come on @Reel

ZackMills

Have mercy
Well, he was impatient. If he's bitching about waiting for 18-22 year olds to develop, what do you think he thinks about 16 year olds? :laughing:

I haven't found one IFA that he signed. Just the auto ones. Of those, all but two are worth a damn.

Reel

Community Liaison
The only player I started out with that is currently on my Bulls team is Chavez. Prophet was found shortly after I joined, I think. Everyone else on my team I have either drafted, bought off of IFA or traded for. It took me 4 full seasons to make the playoffs, and this was before free agency was full like it is now. As shitty as the Crawdads were, you should have been paying the least amount to FA's as possible and buying as many talented IFA's as you could find and drafting as well/high as you could. Instead your gripe was about there being no good FA's? Come on @Reel

cZLFgtM.gif

ZackMills

Have mercy
@Reel, care to explain why you let this guy get 142 starts in CF? His OF range is 35 now (doubt it dropped that much, if at all based on previous ZR) and he doesn't even have a CF rating. Dat -34.8 ZR :laughing:

The 2048 team really was magical. -5.6 team batting WAR and -1.3 team pitching WAR. Could the championship AAA team actually have been better?

ZackMills

Have mercy
I'd make a case to BAN @Yankee for tanking that hard by starting a 35 range dude with no CF rating at CF.

He was bad offensively too.

I have three players left from that team (all position players). Fred, Stares, and Cook.

Another oddity I noticed today is that the AAA team was in a bigger market than the WBL team.

xGfQpoX.gif

ZackMills

Have mercy
@Reel: Felipe, we are going to play you as a full-time CF this season.
Felipe: But coach, I've never played more than 119 games in the field before. And that was for you. In LF. With a ZR of -10.5.
Reel: stares blankly
Felipe: And before that, the most a coach ever played me in the field was 87 games. And that was 7 years ago. In LF. And even then I had a negative ZR.

Reel

Community Liaison
No, I was saying what @Reel did out of not giving a single fuck was something @Yankee151 would attempt while intentionally tanking.
@Reel: Felipe, we are going to play you as a full-time CF this season.
Felipe: But coach, I've never played more than 119 games in the field before. And that was for you. In LF. With a ZR of -10.5.
Felipe: And before that, the most a coach ever played me in the field was 87 games. And that was 7 years ago. In LF. And even then I had a negative ZR.
Reel thought CF stood for cluster fuck
Nah, it was probably misused basketball logic again. A 4 could be able to play 5 and vice versa. Unfortunately in this case, he was basically asking Shaq to play shooting guard.

4L1St.gif

ZackMills

Have mercy
oh he most definitely watches them

When I @ you on stuff that is positive (Desi) or a legitimate question (Brito playing CF), I scroll pass them.

I do find it interesting that your 'post a way too long Youtube video' habit is now bleeding into your gif game.

ZackMills

Have mercy
I think Mack is gonna have to get hisself sorted out in AAA. He's DH and has been piss poor enough at the plate to garner a -0.6 WAR after two sims. 0.345 OPS :scared:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I think Mack is gonna have to get hisself sorted out in AAA. He's DH and has been piss poor enough at the plate to garner a -0.6 WAR after two sims. 0.345 OPS :scared:

One month before changes, brotha. Sample size is so small right now you need to just let him settle and he probably hits .500 this week.

(checks schedule, chuckles to hisself for setting trap)

ZackMills

Have mercy
One month before changes, brotha. Sample size is so small right now you need to just let him settle and he probably hits .500 this week.

(checks schedule, chuckles to hisself for setting trap)

He didn't light the world on fire in ST either. I'd like to get at least pitcher hitting production out of the DH spot.

NML

What's the thought process behind the 3-man rotation? You once told me they are basically relievers and not starters, but they have pitched as many innings as anyone.

I know ur in the playoff hunt but I don't think you could say it's "working" since you have a worse rotation ERA than me...

Do you think they're over performing? Are they at their best in those first three-ish innings?

ZackMills

Have mercy
In real life, a pitcher's stats get worse the second time through the lineup, then worse the third time, etc. My thinking was take average starters and make them 'good' by limiting their exposure each game. Eat up the relief innings I 'gain' by not letting starters throw 100 pitches with good relievers (more of them than good starters, cheaper unless @jdlikewhoa wants them, and can sign them for shorter deals than starters). It also allows me to completely disregard a position that everyone else is drafting/signing (I do draft SP to trade) so those funds can be spent in other areas.

I feel pretty strongly it would work in real life (no one will try it because starters would bitch), but not sure that it will in OOTP. I really haven't seen the 'starters' outperform their stats. I may need more 'good' pitchers than 'average' ones. Zayd is doing okay for a rookie and I got Dave coming next year, so I am looking forward to see how he does. I am interested to see what these younger guys end up getting in arbitration/extension offers. They might be performing close to league average, but losing 15+ games a season due to a dumb stat. It would be great if the game thinks they suck and I get to keep them at a cheaper price.

In the meantime, I get to fake brag about breaking a meaningless ALL-TIME RECORD.

Reactions: NML

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Zack, the Rays were taking the starters out before the third time through the order a ton early in the season. I'm not sure if they stuck with it.

They were pulling starters in the 5th when they were in line for wins and everything.

ZackMills

Have mercy
Zack, the Rays were taking the starters out before the third time through the order a ton early in the season. I'm not sure if they stuck with it.

They were pulling starters in the 5th when they were in line for wins and everything.

I think the Rockies experimented a year or so ago. I'm a bit more extreme. I really only want 3 innings max. OOTP doesn't let me to that. Just # of pitches. I think my starters have like 4 wins the last two seasons combined :laughing:

NML

Cool, that's an interesting approach. Will be following along in hopes of success (unless it's at the expense of me).