• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Oregon @ Michigan State

Brick

if the narrative becomes "adams missed game winner" it will be a fucking shame. oregon isnt within 21 points without him.

Brick

i think when im sober ill be more pissed. held msu under 400 yards and only had 2 penalties against msu (not saying at all more should have been called). came back from a 4th and goal at the one stuffed and a 4th called short and still had a chance to win.

the run game was not creative but i think that comes with time. and msus front seven is clearly the strength of the team.

special teams were really good.

faack id of loved that game as a neutral fan.

i think oregon has a chance of winning out, but will face more aggressive offenses than msu against vulnerable secondary. if they do they will make the playoff.

offense will only get better. played very well tonight.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
That's just it. For all their supposed talent, scheme, etc. they seem to just not have enough to be all that elite. What's their signature win in the last 15 years? Wisconsin in the rose bowl? FSU last year? Hanging 60 on Cal or Tennessee bores me.

They do not beat anyone they're not supposed to, and look overmatched against anyone with a halfway competent defense. I used to think they got the shaft from the national media/sec apologists, but they really are one of the more glass-jawed programs in CFB. Bitch maids...

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
That's just it. For all their supposed talent, scheme, etc. they seem to just not have enough to be all that elite. What's their signature win in the last 15 years? Wisconsin in the rose bowl? FSU last year? Hanging 60 on Cal or Tennessee bores me.

They do not beat anyone they're not supposed to, and look overmatched against anyone with a halfway competent defense. I used to think they got the shaft from the national media/sec apologists, but they really are one of the more glass-jawed programs in CFB. Bitch maids...

Oregon gonna Oregon?

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Oh my, lest we forget. The similarities with the clippers are everywhere

Lightningwar

Administrator
I didn't think Adams looked all that great. He made one solid throw on a 4th down conversion. A QBR of 39 nearly half of your opponent, 56% completion rate, and 2 picks, doesn't impress me.
I was even surprised how difficult it was for Freeman to run last night. Sub 4 ypc is impressive for the MSU defense.

What actually impressed me was Oregons defense. After a typical start of allowing an offense run down the field unopposed they settled down and made MSU earn it.

Brick

I disagree about Adams. He threw for 17 first downs while the running game was largely stuffed. He was asked to do it all. He was sacked 4 times, and it would have been more if he didn't move extremely well in the pocket. Without him, Oregon would have lost by a wide margin. People will overlook how well he played because of that missed throw. If he makes that throw, the narrative of his performance changes. One of his picks was a fluke INT that kind of fell into the hands of a DB.

The defense played extremely well. Unfortunately 118 of Michigan State's rushing yards came on 3 carries. They had 79 yards on 34 carries otherwise (2.32 YPC). That was the difference between the two offenses. Michigan State broke big runs, and Oregon couldn't do that to take pressure off Adams and get the tempo moving faster. Michigan State generally wasn't busting through Oregon's line on runs, but they were selling out to stop Freeman. Holding Cook under 200 yards passing was about all you can ask.

This is the least disappointing of the regular season and postseason losses Oregon has had recently, so I'm not complaining. This was just a great footbaw game.

Last edited:

Brick

people going full retard with the mariota comparisons. http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/or...f/2015/09/canzano_vernon_adams_misses_th.html

oh yeah the ducks would have won on the road by two scores for sure with mariota! man, these fucking dopes and their narratives. i guess they have to write articles.
In fact, he did exactly that once in his sophomore season against Oregon State, but as you may remember Mariota rallied and threw a touchdown pass to Josh Huff in the final 30 seconds to win that Civil War game.

Couldn't help it, but that comeback victory by Mariota is what I was thinking about on second down and 6 from the 33-yard line in the final 90 seconds of Saturday's loss. The Ducks were down by three points and moving into field-goal range with Adams on center stage. This wasn't just a defining moment for the team, it was the kind of moment Adams was brought to deliver.
were you thinking about this moment last year AT HOME against arizona and an opposing true frosh QB? that oregon state team sucked.

Brick

rewatched this, masochist style.

man, msu puckered in the 4th. didnt realize in my drunken state how fast things swung. the last like 10 plays or so before that missed pass to marshall, they were on their heels. they overcame the ghost of johnelle on that third down sack. that last msu drive when msu didnt make oregon take a timeout was awesome. the stadium was dead. what a shitty series.

great game.

i feel a lot better about oregon than i did before the game. will be dissapoint if they don't win the league at least. offense should be unstoppable fairly soon. the skill talent is out of hand, and adams will improve. he was very good i thought. his mistakes were over magnified.

great series between the two teams. the game last year was a lot closer than it looked. msu had oregon on the ropes before mariota went vidya game. true draw.

Last edited: