• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Official Trog Bowl Thread

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Oh so it's tashair that has y'all all uptight?

Y'all acting like the SEC banged y'alls chick's or something. Prior to FSU winning it last year, you couldn't deny they were the best conference in cfb for almost a decade. It's like some of you are just piling on at this point for no reason. I'm all for joking and whatnot but some of these posts I've been reading sound very butthurt.

Is it also the media's slobbering of the SEC that pisses y'all off? I'm genuinely curious why some of you are so glad to see these SEC schools lose these games.

And for the "derp SEC schools don't show up unless it's the nashnul title game" crowd, who says at the start of the season they wanna bring home the Taxslayer bowl trophy?

Bruce Wayne

The SEC lost its prowess when Mizzou went to conference shampship two years in a row. The media and the mouth breathing SEC fans just haven't reelized it yet.

ZeekLTK

The SEC lost its prowess when Mizzou went to conference shampship two years in a row. The media and the mouth breathing SEC fans just haven't reelized it yet.

More like when they went to the conference championship after losing to Indaina...

TBH ESPN is mostly responsible for the hate IMO. All season they were calling SEC West the "greatest division in history" and during every broadcast they were publishing the "bracket" which had Alabama, Ole Miss, Miss State, and Auburn listed as the top 6 teams, saying "at least 3 of them should get in". Alabama is nine minutes away from all four of those teams losing their bowl games against TCU, Georgia Tech, Wisconsin, and Ohio State. Plus LSU lost to Notre Dame and Texas A&M had to have their coaching staff take cheap shots at the other team just to beat West Virginia... BEST DIVISION IN HISTORY!!

3341688.jpg

Last edited:

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
It was the 2011 rematch bullshit and growing up in Arkansas for me

Countless conversations with people about how 7-5 Arkansas would blow out Boise or Oregon cause SEC

The ESPN bullshit doesn't help but I don't watch ESPN because I'm not a huge trog

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Honestly, the SEC is a great conference. I troll them a lot but they for sure have some great teams and have played some great football. I think the problem is for a lot of people is not that they are jealous or "butthurt" but because SEC teams get way more benefits than teams in other conferences. I've brought it up before, but look at Arizona and Ole Miss. Both finished 8-5 last year after winning their bowl games. Ole Miss starts the season in the top 10 while Zona isn't even ranked until they beat Oregon on the road. I'm pretty sure Mississippi State and Ole Miss were in the top 10 after starting 5-0, whereas Zona was like 18th.

Plus, you don't just have people saying "SEC is #1." It's "SEC is #1 and everyone else is trash." The whole joke about people saying that SEC teams just weren't trying because it was the title game is an actual talking point for these people. No credit is given to the Pac-12 or Big 12. Fuck, a few days ago, I had some A&M fan on Facebook tom bout how WVU is Big 12 so they play flag football. HMMMMM. A&M played in the Big 12 three years ago and they were mediocre as shit. What does that tell you?

There is the whole "Oregon is weak" narrative because they lost to Stanford twice (they blew their doors off twice too but you never hear that) and LSU. Yet, I never hear "Alabama is weak" despite the fact that almost every time they play a team with a decent mobile QB (2008 Florida, Malzahn's Auburn, Johnny Football A&M, fucking OSU's 3rd string QB), they get lit up.

It's not about being jealous or butthurt or all that bullshit, it's about entire conferences getting treated unfairly. I hear the SEC get credit for "never having a week off" yet they play 8 conference games and play West Georgia Tech in November. Meanwhile, the Pac-12 and Big 12 play 9 conference games and (most) teams play tough OOC (for instance this year; UCLA played @UVA, basically @UT, and Memphis, Oregon played MSU, SC played ND and @BC, Cal went to NW and played BYU, etc.) All that in addition to the 9 game schedule. Yet the SEC "never has a week off."

@Reel

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Plus the popularity contest that was the BCS (which the SEC greatly benefited from). The results of today's games has me continuing to question how many years the BCS "got it right."

I didn't think OSU had a chance and they just won. How do we know Oklahoma State wouldn't have won in 2011? Michigan State last year?

Reel

Community Liaison
Honestly, the SEC is a great conference. I troll them a lot but they for sure have some great teams and have played some great football. I think the problem is for a lot of people is not that they are jealous or "butthurt" but because SEC teams get way more benefits than teams in other conferences. I've brought it up before, but look at Arizona and Ole Miss. Both finished 8-5 last year after winning their bowl games. Ole Miss starts the season in the top 10 while Zona isn't even ranked until they beat Oregon on the road. I'm pretty sure Mississippi State and Ole Miss were in the top 10 after starting 5-0, whereas Zona was like 18th.

Plus, you don't just have people saying "SEC is #1." It's "SEC is #1 and everyone else is trash." The whole joke about people saying that SEC teams just weren't trying because it was the title game is an actual talking point for these people. No credit is given to the Pac-12 or Big 12. Fuck, a few days ago, I had some A&M fan on Facebook tom bout how WVU is Big 12 so they play flag football. HMMMMM. A&M played in the Big 12 three years ago and they were mediocre as shit. What does that tell you?

There is the whole "Oregon is weak" narrative because they lost to Stanford twice (they blew their doors off twice too but you never hear that) and LSU. Yet, I never hear "Alabama is weak" despite the fact that almost every time they play a team with a decent mobile QB (2008 Florida, Malzahn's Auburn, Johnny Football A&M, fucking OSU's 3rd string QB), they get lit up.

It's not about being jealous or butthurt or all that bullshit, it's about entire conferences getting treated unfairly. I hear the SEC get credit for "never having a week off" yet they play 8 conference games and play West Georgia Tech in November. Meanwhile, the Pac-12 and Big 12 play 9 conference games and (most) teams play tough OOC (for instance this year; UCLA played @UVA, basically @UT, and Memphis, Oregon played MSU, SC played ND and @BC, Cal went to NW and played BYU, etc.) All that in addition to the 9 game schedule. Yet the SEC "never has a week off."

@Reel
Agree with everything you said

I was still trying to figure out how lsu was even ranked with all the conference losses they had and they got beat pretty bad in a couple of those losses.

But imo ND should've beaten lsu. Lsu just wasn't a very good team this year at all. I can't speak for other SEC west teams.

My comment about the music city bowl was taken out of context (as usual). My comment was directed more towards the fact that there are too many "meaningless" bowl games.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Plus the popularity contest that was the BCS (which the SEC greatly benefited from). The results of today's games has me continuing to question how many years the BCS "got it right."

I didn't think OSU had a chance and they just won. How do we know Oklahoma State wouldn't have won in 2011? Michigan State last year?

According to @whiteyc_77, every year but 1. Oklahoma State was the worst one but there was also MSU and all the little guys that got left out. Plus 2012 Oregon, who was the best team Chip Kelly had. Would've curb stomped ND.

Lightningwar

Administrator
The SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC west shows up again. Nothing says dominant than a 2-5 bowl record from the toughest division in the history of college football.

Reel

Community Liaison

Agreed, but that's not an SEC problem but a BCS problem and their stubbornness to implement a playoff years ago.

Most of my hate of SEC stems from the fact I have to listen to ESPN throat fucking the conference the whole season. Today was a good day. Looking forward to Oregon and Ohio Sate game.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Agree with everything you said

I was still trying to figure out how lsu was even ranked with all the conference losses they had and they got beat pretty bad in a couple of those losses.

But imo ND should've beaten lsu. Lsu just wasn't a very good team this year at all. I can't speak for other SEC west teams.

My comment about the music city bowl was taken out of context (as usual). My comment was directed more towards the fact that there are too many "meaningless" bowl games.
Fire Le Smiles . Com

Wooly

Which is really what this year has pointed out. We just don't know in CFB because the teams can't be compared. Not only do we not really know who the best teams are, but we don't even know who the "most deserving" teams are (for those that like that argument). I too wonder how many times the BCS "got it right", if there is such a thing. The SEC was voted into the championship game every year for something like a decade. They essentially started the year with a 50/50 chance of winning a MNC. It's hard to imagine that the BCS got it right very often when they start the year with 1 team from a conference getting an auto bid, let alone trying to narrow down 2 teams out of about 120.

Wooly

According to @whiteyc_77, every year but 1. Oklahoma State was the worst one but there was also MSU and all the little guys that got left out. Plus 2012 Oregon, who was the best team Chip Kelly had. Would've curb stomped ND.

I felt for OSU that year too, but I am not sure it was worse than 2004 with Auburn, Utah and Boise St. being undefeated at the end of the season and left out. Auburn and Utah ended the season undefeated too.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Plus, it's just fun to troll those SEC West fan people because for a lot of them this shit is their entire lives, which is hilarious and sad and doubly hilarious when they lose.

Can't remember who said it, but it went: "If SEC football were mediocre, the South might as well still be in Reconstruction."

ZeekLTK

Someone find a vine of Corch finding out that "Oregon won by 40" during the post game conference. lol

coogrfan

@Reel

Short version: it is possible to be really good and still be overrated. You're welcome. :Winking:

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Houston are a bunch of cheesers. 4 verts and run the QB against man coverage.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Vols are about to restore the honor of the sec today. Not.

thid game is going to be brutal to watch. I'll prolly flip to chopped reruns a lot.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I love in CFB when a dude scores and the old white back judge can't run over fast enough to yap at him to stop "celebrating" which of course is a rather grandiose term for pointing to the sky or something.

I love in CFB when a dude scores and the old white back judge can't run over fast enough to yap at him to stop "celebrating" which of course is a rather grandiose term for pointing to the sky or something.

Both college football and the NFL have gotten out of hand with the policing of celebrations.