• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Official Trog Bowl Thread

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Might I add that with all these damn bowls, they like a damn participation ribbin

I await the Sylvan Learning Center Educate Inc Bowl featuring Columbia and MIT or some shit like that

bruin

MoRa v Old man Snyder on Jan 2nd,

prob top 3 best bowl games not of the trogoff

/engage

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Might I add that with all these damn bowls, they like a damn participation ribbin

I await the Sylvan Learning Center Educate Inc Bowl featuring Columbia and MIT or some shit like that

I would like to see them go back to winning records as what you need to be eligible. Or 6 FBS wins. Then again many Rutgers team got left out of bowls despite 7 wins seasons in the 80s and early 90s.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
chokelahoma vs. klimpson. one team has to out-choke the other. i'm betting on OU. hunnicutt misses a couple of FGs and klimpson returns a fumble or pick to win late in the game in front of 30,000 fans and hundreds more on TV.

worst2first

I paid very little attention to college football this season but I'm kind of looking forward to the bowls for some reason.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Likewise, specially that Trog fest in San Diego. USC Gonna run a fight on train on team Big Red in tranny mode.

and the Bahamas Bowl sounds kinky

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Hoping Mason Rudolph and okie state can rip UW apart. This team is completely different under Rudolph. We can actually run an offense with him.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Supposedly if you bet $100 on every bowl taking the dog and the points, you would be in the money by a substantial margin every one of the past 10 yrs. The logic besides historical data is that the dog has more to play for and the favorite DGAF and is trying to keep their ACLs in tact for the combine. Ur troglodyte thoughts?

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Hope away. It is going to look a lot like the Texas game, I think.
No way unless you are predicting Garman starts for us again.

Isn't their pass defense in the 100s? I'm not really impressed with them and even though we're 6-6 I'm anticipating a cowboys win just because of how different we are under Rudolph.

Play him starting with the Tech game and we probably beat WVU, maaaaaaybe KSU and Texas. Garman's inability is why we are 6-6. A defense, no matter how good, can only hold for so long. Aside from TCU, Baylor, and parts of the Texas game, our defense wasn't why we were getting blown out. Heck even in those three they had stretches of good/decent play.

I don't know UW as well as you might but I'm certainly confident this will not be anything close to the UT game unless Rudolph gets hurt or our OL and receivers simply fail to show up (by this I mean pass protection comparable to what was seen against UT, or numerous drops, similar to bedlam).

Last edited:

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Supposedly if you bet $100 on every bowl taking the dog and the points, you would be in the money by a substantial margin every one of the past 10 yrs. The logic besides historical data is that the dog has more to play for and the favorite DGAF and is trying to keep their ACLs in tact for the combine. Ur troglodyte thoughts?

Id buy that logic for a dollar. Perfect case and point was Nebraska Washington. We train wrecked Washington in Seattle, only to have an atrocious end of the seasoN ...then laying a giant flat dick in the Trogiliday Bowl and losing.

No way unless you are predicting Garman starts for us again.

Isn't their pass defense in the 100s? I'm not really impressed with them and even though we're 6-6 I'm anticipating a cowboys win just because of how different we are under Rudolph.

Play him starting with the Tech game and we probably beat WVU, maaaaaaybe KSU and Texas. Garman's inability is why we are 6-6. A defense, no matter how good, can only hold for so long. Aside from TCU, Baylor, and parts of the Texas game, our defense wasn't why we were getting blown out. Heck even in those three they had stretches of good/decent play.

I don't know UW as well as you might but I'm certainly confident this will not be anything close to the UT game unless Rudolph gets hurt or our OL and receivers simply fail to show up (by this I mean pass protection comparable to what was seen against UT, or numerous drops, similar to bedlam).

The pass defense is about mid-pack (#55) on a SOS-adjusted per play basis. I can tell you from watching almost every game that it has gotten a lot better over the course of the season, despite the fact that a 1st round talent at CB (Marcus Peters) was kicked off the team. They started the season with three out of four corner spots in the two deep manned by true freshmen. A couple of those guys stepped up and improved a ton and then John Ross was moved from WR to CB during the season. By the end of the season he was the best cover guy on the team, even if his tackling was LOL sad.

The front seven is one of the most disruptive in the country. If your team is shaky at all in pass protection (or run blocking), they will be eaten alive.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Should be an interesting matchup. We lost a starter at CB in the first quarter of our first big 12 game and ever since we had a true freshman out there who was eaten alive early on but has played well lately.

Should be an interesting matchup. We lost a starter at CB in the first quarter of our first big 12 game and ever since we had a true freshman out there who was eaten alive early on but has played well lately.

The UW's QB isn't good, so I wouldn't sweat that too much.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Finally, Trog bowl season kicks off in a hour With the New Orleans bowl. A raucous crowd of 8000 will pile into the superdome to watch Nevada and UL Layfayette. Bout damn timed

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Hate playing Utah in bowl game because they are like indestructible in bowl games. Would rather play Bama, not even joking.

Also, CSU looks like the went with the bad option of dealing with the loss of a head corch. They just look confused all the time and had to take all their time outs by early in the 2nd quarter, not executing well in any phase of the game, etc. I'm actually impressed they are only down 2 scores at half given how poorly they played. I mean their greatest strength all year has been converting on 3rd down on offense and getting people off the field on 3rd down on defense and they've been horrible at that all game. LAWD. Utah's front 4 is pwning the offensive line, which only happened in the Boise game.

The only good news is that Utah's offense shows signs of doing the mong QB self destruct thing if CSU can just manage to contain the big plays, they should be set in that regard. That's the only way I can see CSU winning, by having Utah shoot themselves in the foot on offense and keep giving CSU the ball in good spots.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Hate playing Utah in bowl game because they are like indestructible in bowl games. Would rather play Bama, not even joking.

Also, CSU looks like the went with the bad option of dealing with the loss of a head corch. They just look confused all the time and had to take all their time outs by early in the 2nd quarter, not executing well in any phase of the game, etc. I'm actually impressed they are only down 2 scores at half given how poorly they played. I mean their greatest strength all year has been converting on 3rd down on offense and getting people off the field on 3rd down on defense and they've been horrible at that all game. LAWD. Utah's front 4 is pwning the offensive line, which only happened in the Boise game.

The only good news is that Utah's offense shows signs of doing the mong QB self destruct thing if CSU can just manage to contain the big plays, they should be set in that regard. That's the only way I can see CSU winning, by having Utah shoot themselves in the foot on offense and keep giving CSU the ball in good spots.
Still have OSU to cheer for. Just turn the TV off for me if they start struggling.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator

No one likes soggy fries.

potato.0.gif