• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

NCAA Tournament - What's your favorite Wisky?

Wolfman21

I would trust an Izzo scouting report after 30 minutes with film more than a Gregory scouting report after 4 games and countless hours with film.

Wolfman21

@OU11, you're going in a different direction than I was. I never once said anything about Izzo not scouting and relying solely on Gregory. I said I wouldn't be taking the scouting report from Gregory because hes a shit coach of a shit team and because Izzo has proven himself over decades to be a hall of famer. No need to turn my comment into more than it was.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
@OU11, you're going in a different direction than I was. I never once said anything about Izzo not scouting and relying solely on Gregory. I said I wouldn't be taking the scouting report from Gregory because hes a shit coach of a shit team and because Izzo has proven himself over decades to be a hall of famer. No need to turn my comment into more than it was.

I'll learn you on college scouting for national tournaments.

First the corch calls all the other corches he knows that have played the team he's playing.
They get game film
If they have a good relationship he asks them about scouting reports. Usually he won't get full reports but almost always the tournament corch will get player reports and what to look for.

After all of that, tournament corch will watch the film and scout the team hisself. He cross checks all the other reports he received from the opponents and sees if he agrees with them.

It is hugely beneficial to get other points of view because they play the team your playing a lot more often and are more familiar. They will tell you things to look for that might be over looked otherwise.

Wolfman21

thats great. Thanks for telling me everything i've already known. I'm not doubting that every coach in america does this. It also doesn't change my opinion that I would trust Izzo's own personal scouting report over anything Gregory puts out there.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
thats great. Thanks for telling me everything i've already known. I'm not doubting that every coach in america does this. It also doesn't change my opinion that I would trust Izzo's own personal scouting report over anything Gregory puts out there.

not sure i'd be taking tips from the bottom feeder of the ACC

That made me think you wouldn't take the guy you trained's tips.

Wolfman21

when hes proven to be a crap coach, no, i wouldn't. You just keep saying the same thing OU. I dont know what other answer you're wanting from me

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
when hes proven to be a crap coach, no, i wouldn't. You just keep saying the same thing OU. I dont know what other answer you're wanting from me

I just don't understand what makes you think he's a bad scout, or why you'd tell him no thanks if he offered his scouting reports after you trained him to scout. If you were a quarter as good as Izzo you'd take the report and if you were 100x as good as Izzo you'd take the report.

I think it's just one of those things where utopia flies in the face of common sense, I'll let it go.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Just because his team sucks doesn't mean his scouting necessarily sucks. He may just have shitty players, or be shitty at coaching his players. Knowing what the other team is doing can only get you so far.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Just because his team sucks doesn't mean his scouting necessarily sucks. He may just have shitty players, or be shitty at coaching his players. Knowing what the other team is doing can only get you so far.

They call them Xs and Os guys, and they are awesome assistants but shitty head coaches.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni

Are you saying "if I was in fact tim Izzo I would not take this guys info, even as a courtesy"

Or
"I as wolf man trust tim izzo more than shitty coach"?

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
What a terrible flagrant call

Bdub

Dayton will finish up their 3 game home stand on Sunday against Oklahoma. Maybe they will even get some more home cookin.

Brick

i can't get over these adidas uniforms. it makes it look like the players are sagging their pants and the band of color is their boxers.

i bet wriggers @Reel like alford love it doe

too bad fellow adidas trogs michigan isn't playing today. not seeing enough spacing on offense. @UNBREAKABLE

Brick

ucla isn't deep but talented as fuck. one of the best starting 5s in the country imo. still have no idea how they were so shitty in the regular season. oh yeah: alford corch and alford sniping

Bdub

UCLA playing the best they have all year. Glad they didn't play like this in the regular season.

Wolfman21

Put SMU in a legit conference and they wouldn't be sitting at 27 wins. Just like NC State was an 11 seed a couple years ago and "upset" #6 seed San Diego State.

Bdub

they've played SMU and UAB.....not exactly the top of the line there...
UAB is a good team, but like most mid major teams they have a hard time getting quality big men with enough length to challenge the better teams.

Wolfman21

Well thats my point. The original poster said it was too bad UCLA hadn't played like they are playing now all season. Well if they played in the AAC or C-USA they probably would have been playing like this for most if not all of the season.

bruin

me reading these last two pages right now

shawn-michaels-strut-o.gif

bruin

not like the Bruins didn't lose 3 first round picks and another player to the d-league from last year.

Also rotation player wannah bail ruled ineligible in December along with top 150 recruit Jonah bolden.

I'M SLEEP DOE.