• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

SMALL BALLERS GON LOOK NBA 23-24: SLENDERMEN ROY BATTLE

Mame YO

slings rocks
Toronto trying to get Dame? Phoenix possibly looking to use Ayton to facilitate and get back Nurk+depth?

CJ_24

Ho-Lee Fuck this is one of the dumbest trades I've ever seen. Bucks just gutted their perimeter defense for an expensive 30+ year old small guard who can't play defense and doesn't do anything that Khris Middleton already does.

The Bucks now have two guys on the roster who can play defense: Giannis and 90-year-old Wes Matthews. And their salary cap is fucked. It took Haslem all of six months to complete fuck the Bucks and guarantee that Giannis leaves at the end of his contract.

I cannot express how fucking stupid of a video game trade this trade is.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Giannis made this happen. It was take a chance on this or he gone. He told them to make moves and they did, monkey paw curls

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Not even going to touch how bit confused it is to say that Lillard doesn't do anything Middleton does

Phoenix adding Grayson Allen through this trade, i.e. really trying to beat out MEMPIS for the most unlikable team in recent NBA history

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Malik Beasley is gonna be totally useless on the Bucks now, he's like a dollar store clearance rack Dame lmao

CJ_24

The Bucks now can't guard anyone and Lillard is an over the hill small guard making over 200 million who can't guard anyone. He's a smaller, older shot creater, which is basically a younger Khris Middleton's role. Put a healthy Khris on Portland and that Blazers' team production is exactly the same.

This is a panic vidya game trade. The Bucks will lose in the second round because they won't be able to stop a chair from scoring 20+ on the perimeter. They'll be in cap hell, and Giannis will be a Laker when his contract expires

What am I missing?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
You are insane lol, that's what you're missing. They compliment each other on offense tremendously, better than Khris MID. I can't even believe we're comparing the two right now.

The only thing that doesn't work about this is their D will be atrocious.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Put a healthy Khris on Portland and that Blazers' team production is exactly the same.
e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.png

Mame YO

slings rocks
@CJ_24 you don’t know ball

I’m very happy with this package from Portland’s perspective, assuming a decent return for Holiday.

As long as Milwaukie can cover for Lillard’s lack of defense they are probably a lot better imo.

idk why Phoenix did the trade. I get that they wanted to turn Ayton into multiple rotation players but Little and Nurkic? Portland fleeced them imo.

evil1

Having two players who can light it up from outside around Giannis is huge. This makes them so much more difficult to defend, especially during the playoffs. I like Jrue, but yo do this trade. The upside is too great

Ps - Jrue and Lillard are the same age

Mame YO

slings rocks
Yeah his true shooting percentage was like 64% last season lol

also anyone who says he is injured all the time is a moron. I’ve been seeing that talking point online. Blazers shut him down the last two years to tank. He had a hernia a couple years ago. Other than that he is basically always available.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Also that unprotected pick + swaps… milwaukie post Giannis/Lillard giving away potential lottery picks right as a potential blazers rebuild is entering it’s window. I know it’s 28, 29, 30 but scoot and sharpe are 19.

Mame YO

slings rocks

this feels good, although it obviously doesn’t matter how the fans feel. I do think the way this has played out has broader implications for the league, doe:

1) pat riley fucked around and found out. He tried to leverage the blazers into accepting a low ball offer and failed. This is a win for good faith negotiation in the league by virtue of being a loss for extortionist tactics.

2) Lillard ultimately backed off of his Miami or bust demand and added to his list of preferred teams. This is good for the league and worked out better for the blazers. Helps his image as a player also. The moment he made a demand to Miami instead of Miami, Brooklyn, Philly (the point being that he gave a single destination rather than a list) it hurt him in Portland and nationwide from a PR standpoint.

Last edited:

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
I mean, you’re right. I just meant the fanbase and greater Wisconsin.

And I went there once, lol. It’s definitely not Miami or LA or the other places Dane sought as upgrades to Portland.