• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Michigan @ Notre Dame - 7:30 ET, NBC

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Figured I should start this thread up. Last game in the series for the foreseeable future. I am very sad that this game is ending. Not only are we 7-3 against the Irish since 2004, but the game always gets outsized coverage for how good the teams are. This week it's probably the third best game on the slate.

On the actual matchup, I'm not sure how I really feel about it. If Gardner plays like he did last year in this game, Michigan will probably win. I'm sure people forgot with his uneven play the rest of the year (although he was still good by any measure really), but people were talking about him being a legitimate NFL prospect after that game. The problem I have is Michigan has a tendency to yak on themselves on the road in the Brady Hoke era. The last game at Notre Dame being the prime example. And Golson's running ability scares me. So I don't really know what to think.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
I think Michigan wins this game on the ground not in the air. Keep Golson off the field.

HailToTheVictors

Formerly WolverinesNC2003
This game will tell alot about Michigan I think. Last season, even though Michigan won, you could see some of the flaws coming out, notably Gardner's decision making (which he corrected later in the season) and inability to run the ball outside of QB runs. If Gardner plays error free football and we can run the ball effectively with RBs, I like our chances.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Ima root for a meteorite to hit the stadium.

Seriously though - Michigan was always one of the teams I kinda liked from my early days of watching CFB. Liked Schembechler's teams that were definitely a prototypical smash-mouth Big Ten type of team.

Disliked Notre Dame not just because of their obvious rivalry with USC, but because of the whole "Catholics vs. Convicts" bullshit they did for their game against Miami. Was a "U" fan from that point on.

Snorky's Shame

Ima root for a meteorite to hit the stadium.

Seriously though - Michigan was always one of the teams I kinda liked from my early days of watching CFB. Liked Schembechler's teams that were definitely a prototypical smash-mouth Big Ten type of team.

Disliked Notre Dame not just because of their obvious rivalry with USC, but because of the whole "Catholics vs. Convicts" bullshit they did for their game against Miami. Was a "U" fan from that point on.

Didn't Miami actually have more Catholics on their team than Notre Dame did at the time?

Lloyd Carr

I think Gardner and Golson are similar quarterbacks, so I think it will come down to who makes the fewest mistakes. I'd probably give Michigan the slight advantage, and say they win by 3-10 points.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Didn't Miami actually have more Catholics on their team than Notre Dame did at the time?

Yes. I think QB Steve Walsh pointed out that he, his whole offensive line, and many other members of the UM squad were Catholic, while the Notre Dame team was headed by several stars who weren't Catholic. So - just who were the Catholics and who were the Convicts they were tombout?

at the time, it just annoyed me that lots of people around where I lived were ND fans, partly perhaps because of the whole Catlick thing (but of course they couldn't give two altar boys' shits about say, Boston College) but more because of the bandwagon factor.

bruin

Hell of a troll job by Notre Dame agreeing to a home and home with Ohio State a few days before this though.

goblue96

Hell of a troll job by Notre Dame agreeing to a home and home with Ohio State a few days before this though.

Its a known fact that ND's athletic director hates Michigan's pizza salesman/athletic director. This is just one last double middle finger to Michigan's pizza salesman.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

I can't get into non SEC games without NCAA vidya

I won't know the speed ratings of these overrated teams that everyone used

I'm going with Michigan in the upset because Charles Woodson is the greatest CB of all time

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
"David keeps a blog, titled "Dave's Blog," which is accessible only to Domino's Pizza franchisees and corporate store managers. In his blog he talks about such topics as his personal unannounced visits to stores and the price of cheese."

fascinating

goblue96

"David keeps a blog, titled "Dave's Blog," which is accessible only to Domino's Pizza franchisees and corporate store managers. In his blog he talks about such topics as his personal unannounced visits to stores and the price of cheese."

fascinating

He does the same thing in his "athletic director" role.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
Fascinating.

I have no clue what to think about this game. I wouldn't be shocked by any various outcome.

mcnoles

Bw3o54FCAAEP02l.jpg

Skeeter

Uber felon
I'm going to go off of Hoke's record in road games and against top 25 teams, and pick ND to roll.

though Lord knows the B1G could use a win.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Wow Notre Dame timeout on the first play of the game. Brian Kelly well on his way to turning purple.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Mike mayock not happy about thoshe 2 timeoutsh

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Refs home cooking in full effect. Two good plays called for PI. Got his head around and knocked it down. PI. Fuck off refs.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
De'veon Smith parents must be a huge fan of bad fantasy novels, that unnecessary apostrophe

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Michigan's offense sucks, and Michigan's defense looks really overrated. No pass rush at all.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Refs blow a review, but it doesn't matter when Michigan is down 21 at half. Good lord. This is as bad as it could possibly be.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
It's unbelievable that the offense can't move the ball at all once they get to the 30. You have a 6'5" receiver who runs a 4.5. Throw him the fucking ball.

Meanwhile, ND's offensive line isn't that great, and we can't get any pressure on Golson at all. He's looked great, but it would be nice to actually hit him.