• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Michigan @ Notre Dame - 7:30 ET, NBC

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Morris isn't ready yet. He's had interceptions basically every time he's thrown it downfield so far.

Bottom line, Michigan was going to have win with their defense and hope their offense is serviceable. Defense was atrocious today, offense was worse.

Brick

Isn't Gardner a senior doe? Get him out if a young guy is waiting. I don't really believe in the "not ready" thing for college footbaw QBs anyway. Unless you run a mong offen....oh wait.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Bet Notre Dame is wishing they didn't cancel this series now.

When does Broncos season start? Tomorrow? Good.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Isn't Gardner a senior doe? Get him out if a young guy is waiting. I don't really believe in the "not ready" thing for college footbaw QBs anyway. Unless you run a king offen....oh wait.

By not ready I mean he's a lot worse than Gardner.

Brick

How is this 31-0 and ND has only gained 270 yards which is 30 moar than Michigan? Even with TOs that is baffling. And ND's luck.

Good thing Brian Kelly sacrificed that kid and the five hookers

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Crazy thing is that the B1G is so bad, Michigan should still win 9 games this year. They'll probably be favored in 8 of 10 games from here on out.

R2D2

Crazy thing is that the B1G is so bad, Michigan should still win 9 games this year. They'll probably be favored in 8 of 10 games from here on out.

Looking at their schedule, I can see Michigan finishing 7-5.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Looking at their schedule, I can see Michigan finishing 7-5.

Not sure you understand how bad the B1G is. I think Michigan wins 8 games this year. I think they'll be favored in 8 of 10 games left though.

R2D2

Not sure you understand how bad the B1G is. I think Michigan wins 8 games this year. I think they'll be favored in 8 of 10 games left though.

No, I do. I'm just expecting them to lose to Minnesota for fun.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
tumblr_mtpgqgkk0G1s6iro9o1_500.gif

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
That Notre Dame player is a huge prick. Should be ejected and suspended. No reason at all to touch Gardner in that situation besides headhunting. Fucking ridiculous.

Lightningwar

Administrator
I turned on the game after watching MSU implode. Literally the first 5 mins of watching I see Gardner throw a pick and fumble. The guy is a turnover machine like I haven't seen since Cullpepper with the vikes about a decade ago. Ends the night with 3 ints and a fumble lost. This is year 4 into Hokes tenure and they still cant get an offensive line together? They still have a QB that is a turnover machine? Yeah Dickrod recruited 1 offensive lineman in 3 years. But that was 4 recruiting cycles ago. They should have depth and experience by now.

The B1G is so bad I do agree they can probably still win 8 games.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
In general, you're probably right. Only thing is that Hoke has basically only had 3.5 classes because Brandon wait so long to fire DickRod. So we have one scholarship upperclassman on the OL, and our current senior class is pretty meh. He also whiffed hard on the QB in that first class. It's Gardner or bust, and as long as terrible Gardner doesn't show up again, we'll be okay this year.

Brick

The old corch recruiting crutch in year 3? Or is it 4? Lawd.

A coach that doesn't win is a corch that doesn't win.

Forest/trees shit. They much teach it at Michigan because mak

Brick

Fyi Oregons last td against Michigan state was true frosh rb running behind true frosh OL. I watched the Michigan game last year and don't know if they gained as many rushing yards the whole game as Oregon did on that play.

It ain't dickrods Ol recruiting from 4 years ago, trust me.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Fyi Oregons last td against Michigan state was true frosh rb running behind true frosh OL. I watched the Michigan game last year and don't know if they gained as many rushing yards the whole game as Oregon did on that play.

It ain't dickrods Ol recruiting from 4 years ago, trust me.

That's a nice anecdote you got there. That one Oregon play must mean that it's all Hoke's fault!

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
The non troll answer is that I want to give hoke more time after firing Borges. I blame Borges for cratering the ol. They tried to run about 10 run blocking schemes last year and never got to be good at one. This year, they have vastly simplified that, and I expect them to improve as the year goes on.

Gardner is what he is at this point. He'll alternate great games with awful ones. Yes, Morris would be worse. With a competent ol, he'd be a decent enough QB for Michigan. The problem is that he has to do everything because our run game is terrible.

On defense, they'll probably end up being a top 20 defense. Tonight, they played without their best LB, and what probably are their best two corners. DL needs a dominant pass rusher, but it's fine.

Bottom line, hoke has completely rebuilt Michigan's roster. The program is in far better shape than it was under dickrod. Maybe he won't be the guy to put michigan back to a top 15-25 team, but who else is really out there who would?

Lloyd Carr

I agree with everything DeadMan Just said. To extrapolate just a little bit more, I'll say that I essentially see Hoke as a transition man and I would say most would agree.

For the most part, I think '06 was the last "Michigan" team I've seen. Since then, I've seen players wearing the uniform, but I don't think I've seen a team that truly feels like a Michigan Wolverines team since that '06 season. But I think Hoke is getting it back to where the program used to be.

That game against App. State in '07 was a microcosm of Michigan Football from 2007-2011. The team just didn't care to win, or to live up to the name of the program. I remember reading a story about how a player on the team in '07 came out and said a solid chunk of guys got high before the App. State game, thinking it was going to be an easy win. They went in overconfident with a sense of entitlement based on the name of the program. They didn't go into the game with that fight in them or with that fire in their belly (just call me corch with these buzzwords/phrases). And I didn't see any fight at all during the DickRod years.

I think Hoke is bringing back that fire. Yeah, the team sucks. Flat out. They sucked last year too, and they weren't much better the year before that. But, they try. They go out there and they look like they actually give a shit and that they are trying. Sadly trying won't win games, but Hoke is doing what he can to bring back the effort rather than simply coasting on the laurels of the program name.

When I left the program in '07, I left it in kind of a lull. The program seemed to just be content with the status quo, lacking the desire to actually compete with the Alabama's, Auburn's, Georgia's, LSU's, etc.. of the college football world. But I think Hoke is changing that feeling. Like DeadMan said, I don't think he's going to be the guy to bring Michigan back to excellence, but he'll be the guy to grease the gears to get the program running again.

Michigan is still a huge name in college football, so you're going to get good recruits regardless. But you aren't going to get the National Championship caliber recruits, especially in cold-ass Michigan, when your program looks lackadaisical about winning/competing, given you can go to just as prestige of a program in sunny Florida/Alabama/Texas/California/Georgia/etc.. where there's the possibility to actually compete and get to show what you've got in big games (to increase your draft stock in the NFL). So while Hoke isn't going to win a 'ship, he's building up that competitive spirit again to actually make kids want to come to the program again. And that's essentially the best thing you could expect after the shit the program endured from 2007-2011.

Lloyd Carr

And it fucking sucks that the Michigan/Notre Dame match-up is going away. Who thought that would be a good idea?

What a way to go out.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
"championship caliber recruits" don't like "cold ass Michigan"

What ur saying thru code is the good opaues don't want to play there

Bruce Wayne

Ah, this is how a Notre Dame vs. Meatchicken series should end.

I just watched the game this morning, and I kept waiting for the comeback. I'm sad the series is ending, but it is a great way to go out if you are a Notre Dame fan.

@goblue96 my daughter was watching The Hunchback of Notre Dame in the other room while I watched the game this morning. Disney needs an Esmerelda charactor walking around the parks.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
I don't see how Hole keeps his job unless we beat msu and osu. Since both are I the road there us probably a1% chance that happens. Imo if harbaugh wants the job I don't see how you don't give it to him.

WingedHelmet

This fan base is so delusional. When has Harbaugh (either of them) given any indication that he/they want to come here? We've gone through two coaching searches in the past six years and came up with Rich Rodriguez (last minute) and the B- ceiling Brady Hoke.

I'm not the biggest Hoke fan, but firing him with no home run replacement takes us backwards again.