• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Major League Soccer Thread

Snorky's Shame

27/28 probably looks like this:

One of Phoenix/San Diego/Sacramento
One of Charlotte/Research Triangle/Cincinnati/Detroit

St. Louis jumps to the top of the list if they find 60 million. Apparently the league and everyone thinks it’s 1950.

San Antonio is out if Austin gets the Crew.

Tampa needs someone else fronting the bid and a stadium plan that isn’t shit.

Indianapolis is the long shot bid that never had a chance not unlike Ottawa in 2009.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Nashville Tundra? How does that even...you know what nevermind

giphy.gif

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
27/28 probably looks like this:

One of Phoenix/San Diego/Sacramento
One of Charlotte/Research Triangle/Cincinnati/Detroit

St. Louis jumps to the top of the list if they find 60 million. Apparently the league and everyone thinks it’s 1950.

San Antonio is out if Austin gets the Crew.

Tampa needs someone else fronting the bid and a stadium plan that isn’t shit.

Indianapolis is the long shot bid that never had a chance not unlike Ottawa in 2009.
I think Phoenix is probably the best option from market standpoint. Issue is that ownership doesn't seem as stable plus they might be done building stadiums with public money for a bit. Sacramento I think will be good and what Minnesota should've been. The owner just posted basically they need more money. San Diego I think also would be impossible to build a stadium unless you get in with San Diego State or just re-do Jack Murphy.

Las Vegas is a market I think could work with the new Raiders stadium if you are serious about attracting stars. That's about it in markets that are untapped that could get megastars once Miami finally happens.

FCC seems like a now or never thing. They've done as well as possible for attendance and enthusiasm. Maybe if it continues for 2-3 more years, they'll be impossible to keep out. The other 3 options are 'meh'.

Snorky's Shame

Jed York and Meg Whitman are not part of the Sacramento group anymore.

Not good for Sacramento at all. They'll need to find more investors.

doh

Atlanta got Barco. $15m.

They're just a a level above everyone else in MLS (except maybe Toronto) when it comes to aspirations

Snorky's Shame

Looks like Miami is finally going to be officially announced on Monday.

This Monday or a Monday in the future?

It looks like Cincinnati has the inside track on #26. Someone’s going to have to sell me on Cincinnati though, you’re probably better off keeping the the Crew in Columbus or going to Austin.

I don’t think MLS had Cincinnati and Nashville in mind when this whole thing started.

Snorky's Shame

The rumors are heating up that Zlatan Ibrahimovic will be going to the LA Galaxy at the beginning of the season.

The Galaxy are probably the most interesting team to me this year, seeing how they’re going to compete with the new team in town.

NML

So all three remaining MLS clubs in the CONCACAF Champions League beat messicans during the quarterfinals. Red Bulls were unbelievably lucky because Robles stood on his head, but they have the best chance to move on, winning on the road.

After watching the opening weekend, I really feel like some of these teams are playing a different game. I literally lol’d when I saw the Revs lineup, so many no names on nearly league minimum salaries. Meanwhile, Toronto and Atlanta are spending $15m on one player transfer fees. LAFC has played one game and their attack already looks miles ahead of half the league.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
It still makes me laugh whenever an MLS club signs an over the hill big name player from Europe and they come over here and wreck shit right off the bat. MURRICA

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Someone has to ask what the hell that keeper for LAFC was doing, lol. Not that he would have stopped it even if he were 10 feet further back, but damn dude.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I suppose it's also possible that he was in the right place, and just that nobody is taking 30 yard half volleys in MLS with any kind of precision, but he forgot about THE ZLATAN

doh

It still makes me laugh whenever an MLS club signs an over the hill big name player from Europe and they come over here and wreck shit right off the bat. MURRICA
He scored 28 goals last year when he was healthy... I guess DA EPL SUX?

My MLS watching only really goes back to '06 but this along with that Beckham game in Giants Stadium that ended 5-4 are the two best regular season MLS matches I can remember.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
ZLATAN may be 36, but he was still outplaying a lot of strikers younger than him in the EPL.

Snorky's Shame

After watching the opening weekend, I really feel like some of these teams are playing a different game. I literally lol’d when I saw the Revs lineup, so many no names on nearly league minimum salaries. Meanwhile, Toronto and Atlanta are spending $15m on one player transfer fees. LAFC has played one game and their attack already looks miles ahead of half the league.

After watching the games in Orlando and Los Angeles, I’m wondering how the Fire are in the same league as well.

Also, the Fire have no local TV deal this year, everything on ESPN+. The worst part is we’re stuck with this because MLS isn’t putting a second team here (nor should they really).

Honestly don’t know why I bother at this point.

NML

I don’t even post that as a defense of MLS, but much more as a mockery of what Liga MX thinks of themselves. They are infinitely closer to MLS than EPL/La Liga/etc

Snorky's Shame

Looks like a stadium deal in Cincinnati in West End is done.

I’d imagine this also seals the Crew moving to Austin. Makes zero sense to have a team in Cincinnati and Columbus.