• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

joshuahuskers's Utopia Football Leauge

joshuahuskers

Utopia Football League
Got it! Woohoo! I wasn't opening it up in Google Spreadsheets. I wish the little window it displays in would be a little wider...I will update the main draft post. I assume it will update in real time as new versions are added?

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Got it! Woohoo! I wasn't opening it up in Google Spreadsheets. I wish the little window it displays in would be a little wider...I will update the main draft post. I assume it will update in real time as new versions are added?

Yes sir it will update real time. What's really cool is if you have multiple people accessing and editing the file, you can see what they're doing to it.

Now ow that our draft commercial time is over, back on with the draft commish :)

joshuahuskers

Utopia Football League
Awesome tool! But if I want the actual excel file (like in my first link) and the google spreadsheet file aren't synched, are they? If I change one, the other won't update will it?

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Awesome tool! But if I want the actual excel file (like in my first link) and the google spreadsheet file aren't synched, are they? If I change one, the other won't update will it?

Nope. The only file that will change real time is the one in Google drive. I use this tool every year to run my fantasy beisbol draft. The excel one is changeable and upload able by you, but no real time changes can be shown.

joshuahuskers

Utopia Football League
Okay, cool. I see that you can download the Drive file to an excel file, so I'll probably edit in drive, download it in excel, then upload that file. Should save some time in editing both files.

joshuahuskers

Utopia Football League
Wow, 3 QBs in the first 11, all of which could be considered "reaches," including the #49 overall player based on expected OVR going at #11. Will there be a QB panic?

Pick 12: Las Vegas takes Adrien Poole, WR
Pick 13: Sacramento takes Sylvester Meyer, DT
Pick 14: Richmond takes Marion Harper, RB
Pick 15: Honolulu takes Jesse Miles, MLB
Pick 16: Birmingham continues the QB panic and takes James Johnson, QB
Pick 17: Des Moines takes Jeffery Schmidt, OG

Google drive spreadsheet is updated. I think I'm just going to use that to keep track of this while the draft is going - so much easier.

The Fargo Muskrats and general manager @fignuts are on the clock with the 18th pick!

worst2first

You're making me think I should have put more thought in to my pick. I was thinking that a franchise QB is something you can build around but then I realized that we probably won't be adding players through subsequent drafts in this format.

joshuahuskers

Utopia Football League
19. Memphis - Jan Mills, SS
20. Albuquerque - Ricky Morales, DT - I'm going to build this team around the lines.
21. Orlando - WM Underwood, WR
22. Hartford - Blake Reyes, OLB
23. Austin - Josh Sandoval, MLB

W2F...I guess it all just depends on how long I stick with this league. It might not even get through one season. If I stick with it, your building plan might pay off :)

joshuahuskers

Utopia Football League
(2)26. Austin - Dexter Welch, WR
(2)27. Hartford - Robin Frazier, OG
(2)28. Orlando - Lloyd Walsh, OLB
(2)29. Albuquerque - Moses Romero, RB - We need to build around the lines, but with the lack of a lot of elite talent at the offensive skill positions, we've got to scoop one up here.
(2)30. Memphis - Jonathan Summers, C

The Muskies and @fignuts are back on the clock with the 31st pick!

joshuahuskers

Utopia Football League
Awesome turnaround time, @fignuts :)

Moving things along...
(2)32. Des Moines - Douglas Delgado, MLB
(2)33. Birmingham - Larry Gomez, MLB
(2)34. Honolulu - Ervin Phelps, WR
(2)35. Richmond - Bradley Gibson, OT
(2)36. Sacramento - Gregory Garner, SS
(2)37. Las Vegas - Rickey Osborne, DT

That puts @worst2first on the clock with El Paso.

joshuahuskers

Utopia Football League
Cool. The link to that spreadsheet is in the first post. I think it's an easy way to keep track of who is taken...much easier than manually editing posts with strike throughs each time. You can also filter/sort according to what you're looking for.

joshuahuskers

Utopia Football League
(2)48. Omaha - James Owens, OG
(3)49. Omaha - Loren Ward, DE...just to make things interesting. Omaha now has an elite set of defensive ends...#1 and #2 rated DEs in the draft!

@Plotty Fairbanks back on the clock.

joshuahuskers

Utopia Football League
(3)51. Portland - Dennis Peters, OT
(3)52. San Antonio - Randal Gibbs, CB
(3)53. Wichita - Kevin Newman, WR

@ZeekLTK Louisville Ocelots are on the clock.

ZeekLTK

[xtable=border:1|cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0]
{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}{col=229x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}CB{/td}
{td}Brent Webster{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

joshuahuskers

Utopia Football League
(3)59. Las Vegas - Alfonso Lawson, FS
(3)60. Sacramento - Max Cruz, TE
(3)61. Richmond - Matt Stanley, SS
(3)62. Honolulu - Daryl Becker, DT
(3)63. Birmingham - Clay Black, WR
(3)64. Des Moines - Gene McKenzie, SS

@fignuts Fargo on the clock.

joshuahuskers

Utopia Football League
(3)67. Memphis - Kenneth Barry, QB. Gamble here. Will be under contract until age 39, but could be a 95 OVR, you could get 3-4 good years out of him.
(3)68. Albuquerque - Neil Jensen, MLB. 22 year old MLB. Going to be the anchor of our defense for years to come.
(3)69. Orlando - Armando Burke, OG
(3)70. Hartford - Jay Blair, WR
(3)71. Austin - Elijah Howard, SS

@Soonerfan09 Oklahoma City Oilers on the clock with (3)72 and (4)73

Reminder that 4th round selections are only under contract for four years, rather than five as was the case with selections in rounds 1-3.

joshuahuskers

Utopia Football League
(4)74. Austin - Joel Ford, OG
(4)75. Hartford - Jimmy Hoffman, CB
(4)76. Orlando - Rodolfo Reid, RB
(4)77. Albuquerque - Randall Burton, QB. Gotta get my QB. For his age, he's the best value left on the board. Not a lot of attractive younger guys down the board.
(4)78. Memphis - Ignacio French, OLB

@fignuts Muskies on the clock with their 4th round pick, 79th overall!

joshuahuskers

Utopia Football League
(4)80. Des Moines - Casey White, TE
(4)81. Birmingham - Guillermo Blair, CB
(4)82. Honolulu - Neil Butler, OLB
(4)83. Richmond - Warren Swanson, OLB
(4)84. Sacramento - Jeff Marsh, RB
(4)85. Las Vegas - CB Drew Sanders

@worst2first El Paso on the clock.

joshuahuskers

Utopia Football League
(4)87. Little Rock - Brett Baker, WR
(4)88. Los Angeles - Owen Johnson, OT

@MiamiU26 Columbia Timberwolves on the clock. Note you are not allowed to take ANOTHER Tight End ;)

joshuahuskers

Utopia Football League
Leonard sims, 89 ovr (max and min), coverage, 34 years old. I think if you click the google spreadsheet link on mobile it'll work. It does for me.