• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

FM14: Super Hans to Berlin. Berlin? Yes, nowhere near Berlin

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
post a screenshot of ur formation, because my guess is you have some non-complimentary roles/positioning that's causing turnovers?

96rQ8he.png

As you can see everyone is in a natural position but Ben-Hatira, who is still adept at playing further back on the wing. For those injuries I have a few replacements who are naturals.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
And yeah when I want to maintain possession I switch to the appropriate shouts and I switch my wingers to support roles rather than attacking.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Brooks is amazing BTW. He is 6'4" with 16 pace, so a lot of times he is chasing wingers down rather than my fullbacks.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
And yeah when I want to maintain possession I switch to the appropriate shouts and I switch my wingers to support roles rather than attacking.

Looks like an okay formation to me, but not particularly geared for position with the distances between your midfielders. I find better success maintaining possession when my three central midfielders are in a very tight triangle.

There will be a lot of space between your players on the right side of the formation with Skelbred in an attacking role, Niemeyer in a defending role, and your CAM very far away. Basically I like to imagine my players half a position further forward in attack roles, half a position further back in defensive roles, and roaming by half position either way in support roles (on defense they'll be deep on attack they'll push further forward). That causes the right side of your midfield to be pretty stretched, which doesn't lend itself well to possession play.

Also, if you switch your wings to "support" roles, Ramos might become very isolated up top. If you switch them to support, you might consider switching the AM to Attack?

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Yeah, I do that. When Ronny is fit I usually have him attacking. My replacements don't have nearly as good of crossing and shooting stats so them attacking is just wasteful shots, basically.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Standings as of October 20th, after a 2-0 win over Hoffenheim despite losing 60-40 in possession yet again. We did a great job shutting down Volland and Firmino. Hoffenheim frequently found themselves with slower players in advanced wing positions because of this prompt closing down (Rudy, Salihovic) and as a result my big, air-dominant CBs had plenty of time to make for cover in the box.

MOTM was John Brooks. I'd compliment him but he's already at max morale.

NRjEE46.png

Next up, 2 winnable games against struggling teams at the bottom: Stuttgart, then HSV, who feature HSBC loaned target-man-of-the-future PM Lasogga. Unfortunately the loan deal does allow PM to play against HBSC, so hopefully he decides to go easy on us.

Additionally, players and staff recently uncovered the terrible secret of manager Super Hans. Despite holding an American passport, he has a striking blue collar London accent. When pressed during warmups at the film session following the Hoffenheim win, Hans admitted that he switched to US citizenship and tries to hide his British roots.

"It was much easier to get hired at HSBC with very little experience after they realized I was 'American', as nobody in Germany is looking to hire a manger from a country whose national team can't win a game at the world cup"

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Woohoo, presuming I survive relegation...

O4sM0O7.png

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
One position I absolutely have to target is a right midfielder (Skjelbred is leaving on loan unless I can figure some way to buy him) and some fullbacks. I have almost no depth of any quality there. To facilitate this I used some of my increased wage budget to hire a new scout with 16/16 JA and JP.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
We're going to have to ratchet our transfer budget down in order to afford higher salaries if HSBC are going to make a key signing at the mid-season window, because nobody worth a shit that isn't like 19 wants to get paid a ton.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Dortmund playing a Greek has backfired horribly. 35th minute and we score on a corner that Papasthopoulous essentially passes into his own net, lol. 1-0 Berlin!

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Hans has notified his team, the media, and his family of his intention to give this post match conference fully nude while smoking a pipe.

e6DuKHD.jpg

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
In a game that saw a whopping 43 shots, only 3 goals were scored...and one of them was a Sokratis own goal. Ramos scored the game winner beating Weidenfeller to an early cross delivered from the wing on one of HBSC's numerous counter attacks. With a few more pacey players in the lineup for HBSC this game would have probably been 4 or 5 to 1.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
This "match highest earner clause" is the fastest way to get me to walk away from an offer. Really, you think some dude only worth 3m at 29 years old deserves like 60k a week? lol

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Super Hans had to spend his transfer and weekly wage increase on a player before he went back to spending it on crack, so we've signed a left back to add some depth to our sorely lacking wide defender pool.

X3encka.png

Dat physical stat line. For only 4.5m (my price)? His wage is kinda high but he's young enough that I can dump him on the transfer/loan market if it becomes a huge issue and he should attract a lot of attention.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
He's a left back, not a cm. Don't really care

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
This might be my favorite dynasty. Travis and osick do really well in their games, Kella can't keep a job past November. Kella assumes game is broken for him. :laughing:

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Pardon the quality, but SHIRT OFF

This guy has played out of his mind. 7 goals from a not-always-advanced winger position. Pisses me off that he's only on loan.

(better quality video incoming)

Last edited:

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I remember using Skjelbred on my 2007 Hamburg master league, too. Dude has been around a minute

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
uploadfromtaptalk1405989695984.jpg

We strong then

Augsburg is #2 in da league right now

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
FFFFUUUUUUU Ramos is out for 3 months. Luckily the break is coming up

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Pardon the quality, but SHIRT OFF

This guy has played out of his mind. 7 goals from a not-always-advanced winger position. Pisses me off that he's only on loan.

(better quality video incoming)

Bump for better quality video.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
The media called this a "fluke" goal...I say pure skill yet again from Skjelbred

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
More pure class from Skjelbred!

dat first touch, lol...and wat is the Kaiserslautern keeper doing? Despite the fact that Ramos was out, I started 2 CMs under 21, AND K'sltrn have a guy named DICK, we won 3-0 pretty easily. I switched to control/possession and then time wasting and energy saving in the 2nd half and subbed both my hard-working wingers pretty early since we have a league game later in the week.

lxF2Y6q.png

That wasn't a Pekarik fluke, it was actually a great cross that Allagui headed down and off the diving keeper and in. Weird scoring.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
BTW for anyone watching these videos, manually switch it to 1080p for clarity.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
4th round cup draw...only relatively decent teams are left and we draw...NURNBERG lol. They are in 14th and playing pretty terribly this season. Whew, lucked out. Depending on injuries, might be able to play some more starters for that game.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I'll have to do better camera angles from here on out.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
For 10m though? I might need another striker, but for instance, Boyd is like 1.2m with still reasonable potential and 2.5 stars is a sufficient backup to Ramos.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Ah gotcha. I always test them out with scouting to see how much they're looking for. I probably need at least another player mid-season and a few more off-season and I only have like 50k in weekly salary left to use and 10m in transfers.

osick87

Community Liaison
What you can do is sort by asking price (during transfer periods) because most of the time they are asking for less than what the player is worth

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Another well-fought victory over Mainz, 1-0, thanks to my 3rd choice striker's amazing first touch onto a through ball and expertly placed low shot past the Mainz keeper. Relatively few close calls in a game where Hans & Co. went down to 10 men after Van Den Bergh picked up a 2nd yellow in the 80th.

Not too upset with this foul because he picked up his first yellow killing a dangerous looking counter in the first half after a stupid pass from defense.

Although Wagner scored his first goal of the season, he also missed this, lol...

Weird, I encoded this one with VirtualDub just like the last few and it isn't in 1080p. :dunno:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
That's the most frustrating thing to watch ever. I saw that happen in two straight games last night and I wasn't even coaching either team.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
A victory over Nurnberg sees HBSC temporarily in 2nd. After the weekend finished, we sat in 3rd. Allagui scored both goals on puber over the top counters. He has been a more than competent replacement for the injured Ramos.

nNOsmkJ.png

3rd place? "I've made a terrible mistake"

No way my roster is currently deep enough for Europa league play let alone UCL.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Scouting is hard. Why can't I send any scouts to Africa? I want to pull my guy out of England because those players are so overvalued.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
If your board doesn't let you then try and request to do so, but it's not likely to happen unfortunately. If you want to afect regens, hire an african scout for your staff so you at least have that.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Hiring an African as ahead of Youth Development has a better chance of getting dem African regens.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
It's more that I just can't change assignments. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to why.