• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

FM14: Super Hans to Berlin. Berlin? Yes, nowhere near Berlin

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Actually managed to take a late lead against Frieburg. 3 minutes later they of course score an easy 1 on 1, and then score off a corner 2 minutes later. Now I'm losing, lol.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Part of the problem is definitely that they have De Bruyne and Gustavo...and then that's it. They have no CMs with high enough passing, first touch, etc ratings to facilitate consistent possession and incisive passing. Gustavo can't pass for shit and he's just a yellow card machine. I think Vierinha and Caligiuri are both below 10 in passing and neither are good shooting. They constantly give the ball away doing dumb shit.

Perisic is a little better but not enough to make up for my huge gaps. And I only had like $4m for transfers so I couldn't sign anyone useful.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Kella have you tried slowing the tempo down and playing more possession rather than pushing forward to score? Their shitty passing ratings probably mean you either need to slow down and make them make easy passes, or just Route 1 and pray.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Yup. I've tried everything, lol. Injuries aren't helping. Rodriguez is now out for a month and Gustavo was just out for 2 weeks before that.

The other thing is that for whatever reason olic can't score to save his life even on the easiest chances.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Sports Interactive confirmed for trolls in my mind. If I were a gaming company, I'd release an easily obtainable version with subtle coding changes to make the user's experience miserable. :laughing:

Sure you can play the game, but you aren't going to enjoy it.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Ok. Running games with little interaction while I do work since the board told me I need 11 points in 5 games anyway. Can't wait to get fired.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
3-4-3 due to exhaustion. Look out Nurnberg, there's no...defense for this

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Tell Vierinha to stop shooting, what does he do? Take a ridiculous off balance shot at a terrible angle with 2 crossing options in the 4th minute.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
where's that coupon b?

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Olic finally scores and he only did so because it was an open net after a fantastic save on a well placed free kick, lol

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
This is just super fucked up. Haven't scored more than 1 goal in a league game since Sept 14.

3OgYfYi.png

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
So at 2 points with 3 games left and needing 11 to secure my jerb, we fucking won, lol. 2 goals by CBs on corners. I am going to have Olic murdered, he is fucking terrible.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I picked up a CB who has ST listed as an alternate position just for that type of opportunity. Put Naldo in up front and set phasers to "cross." My favorite thing about playing the wide sprint/cross game is that it ends up in a ton of corners as well.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Transfer budget 0? What the fuck?

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
So since HBSC has no transfer money, we need to look into some free transfers. I had to cut a bunch of primadonnas who wanted big wages but were total shit players. You deserve MLS rookie wages, plebes, so go pound sand.

As the only requirement for this team is that we don't get relegated, I am primarily concerned with depth and a few slight upgrades and youth infusion, which I think I can do via free transfers.

Depth is looking good at:

GK
D (C) - Brooks gonna be a stud, can't wait to sell him for billions, and several of these guys can double as DMs
D/WB (L)
DM

And everything, really. This is a fairly deep squad simply by the fact that nobody is really great. Tons of average players who are kind of versatile, which means I can for the most part just pick up the best free transfers I can get.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Not totally sure why I can't find a tutor for Brooks. He's young enough, and I have some older players in his position....

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Nah we got dominated by Frankfurt

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Also, the cup could be wide open. Dortmund lost in the opening round to some 3rd division team on penalties.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Next game against high powered Schalke...DENIED! 1-1 draw. Should have leveled and then gone ahead about 3 times. Ronny hit the bar on a great driven shot at a narrow angle and Ramos was mysteriously whistled offside for no reason on a headed goal.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Ronny is a boss motherfucking CM tho. Great passing, cross, corner, shooting, and free kick stats. His stamina sucks which isn't surprising because he looks like he's on that Fat Ronaldo diet in his player pic.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Mainz have been apparently taken over by Mourinho. They are 3-0-0 with a GD of only 3, lol.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
We were also pretty fucking resolute in the following game, a draw against Werder where we went down 2-0 early, both due to a comedy of errors on the back line (well, midfielders tracking back who can't defend). Ramos scored 2 in the 2nd half and has 5 or 6 already this season. I can't see selling him at deadline day, simply because I have no confidence the board would free it up to spend on another player.

Rodriguez to Man U is the big deal of deadline day so far.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
One thing to note: Wolfsburg are awful, hence their firesale on Rodriguez. It wasn't just me, lol.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
But now we play them. Will probably lose 3-0.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
25th minute, foul by El Debarge in the box...just shocking. God Wolfsburg are a mess.

Now he killed Fat Ronny...oh you motherfucker

dbg.jpg

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Naldo still scoring goals, just for the wrong team. 2-0!!!!!!!!!!!!

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Wolfsburg falls 3-2 to HBSC, who parked the bus successfully (kinda) for 25 minutes (including 2 more than the 4th official indicated, asshole) to secure the victory.

HiSMFAu.png

HBSC sit just over halfway up the table, but are comfortably out of the relegation zone, much to the pleasure of management. Super Hans is slightly worried that Ramos' profligacy will attract too much attention in the off-season or mid-season window.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Unfortunately we've experienced a rash of injuries lately. Ronny is out for a month and Langkamp (starting CB opposite JAB) is also out for a month. There are marginally capable replacements but that combination is a huge blow.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
We are getting positively dominated in possession every game. What's the deal? I am playing counter-attacking, direct to exploit Ramos' and my wingers' pace but this past game I had a 2-0 lead and spent the whole time trying to maintain possession and still ended up with only 37%.

I have a midfield with an average pass rating of 15. It doesn't make sense that we can't hold onto the ball when needed.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Try going to the Control shout, and have your guys play short (when you aren't counter-attacking) passes.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
2 DMs, 2 wide mids, and that game in particular I played a playmaker in front of the deep DMs, so 5 solidly in midfield. Just Ramos up top

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
post a screenshot of ur formation, because my guess is you have some non-complimentary roles/positioning that's causing turnovers?

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
nah b, i'm not retarded

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Won against Furth, 3-1 in the Pokal. Went down 1-0 early as one of my youngster cup match replacements made a horrible mistake letting a guy through on the wing. Schulz repaid that mistake by scoring one at an angle for himself after John Brooks scored off a corner, and Skjelbred added another when Schulz slipped him through late with a glorious laser to the upper corner to seal it.

Overall, fairly pleased. Furth are a decent 2nd division side so 3-1 against them while playing a lot of guys who haven't seen a lot of action (and 2 young CBs) was a good result.