• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Corching Carousel/ Hot Seat 23-24

Mame YO

slings rocks
Nobody unless they’re willing to dig into a lower tier job and take a chance on somebody which, frankly, I would be doing. They have nothing else to lose so idk why not? You aren’t getting Traylor but you could get someone a bit further down the list looking to build their resume against a relatively easy MWC/fcs filled schedule imo.

digs

sun of nothing
SRS Question. Does Any program worth a hell keep a coach after 6 seasons who is 34-34 with no top 4 conference finishes, 0 bowl wins and no top 20 CROOTIN classes?
I love UCLA Football, man. And I give $$$ to the program, but this is a pretty big slap to the face. At least I thought Saturday night in the 2nd half this was the end of it and CHIP would be gone. Nope. I can think of plenty other things to do on my fall saturdays and what to do with my $$$$$. UCLA is/was a top 15 program before the millennium. The CURSE OF Edgerrin James, bros..
this is such a crazy state for UCLA HERMANO. I feel like even ASU has had a better run than that and it has been frustrating

bruin228

NCAA Moderator

oK2Sf.gif

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
SRS Question. Does Any program worth a hell keep a coach after 6 seasons who is 34-34 with no top 4 conference finishes, 0 bowl wins and no top 20 CROOTIN classes?
I love UCLA Football, man. And I give $$$ to the program, but this is a pretty big slap to the face. At least I thought Saturday night in the 2nd half this was the end of it and CHIP would be gone. Nope. I can think of plenty other things to do on my fall saturdays and what to do with my $$$$$. UCLA is/was a top 15 program before the millennium. The CURSE OF Edgerrin James, bros..

Reel talk, @bruin - do you feel like the overall atmosphere on campus at UCLA contributes to the relatively tepid following for the footbaw team?

Something that USC alums have been lamenting over the last couple of decades now is that USC, while trying to become more competitive in the US News "Best College" rankings by ramping up their academic standards - has basically changed the flavor of what USC has historically been, which was basically a rich, white kids' party and football school. Nowadays, the USC campus looks a lot like what UCLA (and UC Irvine) looked like in the 1990s and up to now - a nerd school with a lot of International students and a lot of AZN students who largely don't care about sports and largely don't put much stock into school spirit and school pride.

I suspect a lot of high school football stars want 1)A pretty decent path to make it to the League, 2)Get paid via NIL, 3) Play in front of large, appreciative crowds, and (maybe) 4) Get a decent education. I think #3 is something that West Coast schools, with our general fair-weather fanbases, and influences #1 and #2. I believe UCLA has been down the path of "nerd school" since at least the mid 1980s, and has basically the same type of student body as Cal.

bruin

Reel talk, @bruin - do you feel like the overall atmosphere on campus at UCLA contributes to the relatively tepid following for the footbaw team?

Something that USC alums have been lamenting over the last couple of decades now is that USC, while trying to become more competitive in the US News "Best College" rankings by ramping up their academic standards - has basically changed the flavor of what USC has historically been, which was basically a rich, white kids' party and football school. Nowadays, the USC campus looks a lot like what UCLA (and UC Irvine) looked like in the 1990s and up to now - a nerd school with a lot of International students and a lot of AZN students who largely don't care about sports and largely don't put much stock into school spirit and school pride.

I suspect a lot of high school football stars want 1)A pretty decent path to make it to the League, 2)Get paid via NIL, 3) Play in front of large, appreciative crowds, and (maybe) 4) Get a decent education. I think #3 is something that West Coast schools, with our general fair-weather fanbases, and influences #1 and #2. I believe UCLA has been down the path of "nerd school" since at least the mid 1980s, and has basically the same type of student body as Cal.

I definitely know the days of JD Morgan are gone on campus. Harvard of the West is basically what Gene Block’s (thank God he’s retiring) wet dream would be. He literally could care less about athletics. UCLA has been pushing the # 1 public school in the country the last decade and by all means, that’s great, but nobody cares tbh. Student turnout post COVID has been terrific honestly, but (here we go again) UCLA has just been so damn mediocre that they’ve lost the casual fan. But, the casual fan will show out (led the Pac-12 in attendance with Mora a few years)

I know Chip’s failed to build any relationship with the boosters and fans. It’s gotten to the point where he’s used the line “Books and Ball” where he mentions we can’t recruit the typical player cause of the admissions (but the last three years UCLA’s APR has been the lowest in the conference) So he’s just being a lazy POS. The numbers right now are dreadful. Currently have the #70! Class in the country. There’s just no excuse for that. Jerry Neuheisel can have @bruin228 and I on staff and I know we would pull at least a top 40 class.

The Portal has saved him this long. Two best players have been portal guys (Charbonnet and Latu) and DTR who did make great strides, was in fact a Mora recruit. This year was a disaster handling the QB spot. Moore was never ready. Who knows how the season goes if it’s Garbers starting the conference opener in SLC. So, now everybody knows he’s a lame duck coach going into the Big Ten. Best shot was to fire him after 2021, but beating SC bought him another 3 years. And really, Casey Wasserman going to the papers a couple weeks ago leading into the SC game that it was laughable about firing Chip said it all. You got one, if not you’re most influential booster out there talking about his guy Chip and saying he’s not going anywhere.

It’s just tough, man. Kids these days no nothing of UCLA history. The best bowl win in their lifetime is a Alamo Bowl. Two conference title game appearances. UCLA Football seems
To be on life support, that’s the truth bros.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable

screen-shot-2015-02-04-at-8-27-19-am-e142306030137-3abd172af48dc71736a75fd0dcb1cd85.jpg

coogrfan

Former Air Raid QB's and falling upward... iconic duo
I refuse to believe we fired Holgorsen only to turn around and hire Holgs 2.0. From what I'm hearing the most likely candidiates are (in no particular order) Willie Fritz, Jeff Traylor and Barry Odom.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
I refuse to believe we fired Holgorsen only to turn around and hire Holgs 2.0. From what I'm hearing the most likely candidiates are (in no particular order) Willie Fritz, Jeff Traylor and Barry Odom.
Fritz is the guy Houston should be targeting on that list.

Craig7835

Rumor: Byron Leftwich amongst the list of candidates for the OC position at Colorado
Leftwich most recently was the offensive coordinator for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for four seasons until 2022, helping the Bucs to a Super Bowl win. He’s one of the few to have won a championship as both a coach and player with the Pittsburgh Steelers. Leftwich has also coached with the Arizona Cardinals.
-Buffbeats

--Indiana set to hire James Madison's coach

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Fritz or Traylor, have a hard time believing neither of those two would come.

If Traylor you may end up stealing Barry Lunney Jr from us though.... and while our offense wasn't world beating we were pretty clearly a top 5 offense in the B1G...

And then Bert will hire his buddy Paul Chryst and ass blast our offensive scheme back to the 90's.

Brick

if KLIFF had a 67-26 record, 43-18 vs conference at a P5 school ADs would be sucking dick to get him.

i didnt realize chryst was at texas and it makes sense now.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
if KLIFF had a 67-26 record, 43-18 vs conference at a P5 school ADs would be sucking dick to get him.

i didnt realize chryst was at texas and it makes sense now.
He's just an analyst at Texas... so not sure how much he really affects.

bruin

It’s pretty ugly in Westwood. Can’t remember this much hostility around the Football program. Moore’s transfer has just fueled it.

bruin

Chip literally changed the offense in October to fit for Dante. There was an article in the Times I think that stated when Chip and Dante would watch film they would cross out which plays Dante felt uncomfortable running.