• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

College Football Offseason Thread Presented by Joe Mixon's Punch-Out!!

Renegade

Charge on!
Just go ahead and put me down that B12 expansion will be announced by the end of the calendar year, and it will be UCF and USF.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Like claiming co-champions?

Luckily they only did that once and saw how dumb it was. Then again, after this year it won't matter, anyway.

Just go ahead and put me down that B12 expansion will be announced by the end of the calendar year, and it will be UCF and USF.

Doubt the Big 12 agrees on expansion this year, and they may never expand, and if they do it won't be both of those schools. Maybe UCF and someone else, but I think even they are way down the list of candidates.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Although I will say that the approval of a championship game, even at the current number of 10 teams, likely means the Big 12 will at least try to vote on expansion at some point in the future, but right now the votes for it just aren't there. Maybe next year, or maybe there will be a lot of changed minds by the start of footbaw season.

Skeeter

Uber felon
I thought there was a rule you needed 12 teams to have a conference shampionship. Did that change or was I just wrong?

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Trying to figure out how the Big 12-2-2+2 would split 10 teams into two divisions, which is what will prolly happen. Most obvious answer is the old Big 8 teams (OU, OSU, KU, KSU, ISU) in one division and the former SWC teams (UT, Tech, TCU, Baylor) and West Virginia in the other. With a permanent crossover game, it could/would preserve every rivalry, too, I think. The SWC + WVU division would be much stronger for the foreseeable future, doe, even if/when Baylor goes back in the shitter. That is, if a conference game is dropped, which may not happen. Round robin plus divisions and a CCG = LOL.

Whatever happens, as long as we still have Farmageddon every year, that's what matters.

Last edited:

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Rivalries don't really matter because everyone will still play each other. They should put TCU and OU in opposite divisions though if they want the best teams in the CCG.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Yeah, I didn't consider the possibility/probability that the round robin schedule would stay in spite of a split into divisions. Goddamn, that is stupid. I hate this conference and everyone in it more and more every day. Even OU.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I only made it 36 seconds once i realized it was just going to be that fan talking. I wanted to see Radio sell me on his program.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Baylor fan/alum who sent this to ESPN's Max Olson on Twitter has since deleted his account because, well...

LVVrheS.jpg

IJu8fDL.jpg

SoCjsAG.jpg

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Oh @Rutgers Mike

Good God Mr. Harbaugh,

On behalf of Rutgers University,

For reasons that we feel are needed to be expressed, Go home.

Upon Return, Ponder your reasoning begin here. We all know why. Pipeline.

Cause you are poaching New Jersey's brightest stars.

Knights are meant to fight in battle, and you have declared war.

You are stealing our sons and daughters, a speech is one thing, but Football is another.

Our record in the Big Ten is nothing impressive, we are a growing program, but why are you picking on David?

Unless, you're scared that you have awaken "The Sleeping Giant."

Right now, as you read this letter, understand that we are united as a people and ready to battle.

Save yourself before Rutgers Football arises with help from their powerful ally, The Ohio State University.

Eventually, Michigan will die. You will being to fade into the folklore of what was College Football.

Losing will become a tradition for the Wolverines.

Fence the Garden.

With Love,

The 2016-2017 Class The Order of Bulls Blood Rutgers University

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
So it looks like Notre Dame and Michigan are getting pretty close to playing again in 2018 and 2019. Losing that series was such a dumb move on both sides, so hopefully this happens and becomes regular again.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Speaking of Baylor. What is this story about Grobe telling a kid who an alleged past if he just goes away the investigation does as well?

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Some JuCo kid. Pretty sure Grobe was told to tell him that.

Latest rumor is that Baylor's biggest big money donors have gathered the top 25 donors and pledged to never give another dollar if Briles is fired. Supposedly Briles is just suspended for a year and will be back in 2017.

coogrfan

Some JuCo kid. Pretty sure Grobe was told to tell him that.

Latest rumor is that Baylor's biggest big money donors have gathered the top 25 donors and pledged to never give another dollar if Briles is fired. Supposedly Briles is just suspended for a year and will be back in 2017.

Well, I'm sure neither the NCAA nor any of the folks who are going to be involved in prosecuting the numerous lawsuits heading BU's way will have a problem with that.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Well, I'm sure neither the NCAA nor any of the folks who are going to be involved in prosecuting the numerous lawsuits heading BU's way will have a problem with that.

There was scuttlebutt that it was leaked just to gauge reactions, LOL. Like anyone outside of the Baylor fanbase would be okay with it, especially the Big 12, NCAA, and victims.

Wish the Big 12 would just kick them out now and dissolve already. They should never have been in this conference to begin with.