• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

CJ _24 Get to the Point Thread

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
CtnhptiUMAQ5L6y.jpg:large

CJ_24

What is it about the Ryder Cup that causes the players and fans to act like jackasses? After Reed made the putt to win the match this morning he reacted as though he'd just won the grand slam. Good Lord, calm down man.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
What is it about the Ryder Cup that causes the players and fans to act like jackasses? After Reed made the putt to win the match this morning he reacted as though he'd just won the grand slam. Good Lord, calm down man.

Good ol' nationalist jingoism.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Once again CJ coming in with a terrible take. Golf should be like this all the time, that's why the only non-major PGA event I'll sometimes flip to is the Phoenix Open. Fuck the gentleman's game.

I don't think golf should be like this all the time, but it's definitely fun to watch a rowdy tournament like this one. Rory poked the bear a bit today. If he doesn't win 3 more matches here, it'll be a huge break for the US. He is on fire.

Matches tomorrow morning are really interesting. I am not a fan of Phil and Rickie going out again in foursomes, especially against what might be a buzzsaw in Rory and Pieters. Sitting Mickelson this afternoon means he has to play foursomes this morning, and I think that's the only bad call DLIII has made so far. I'm guessing Phil told DLIII he's playing 4 times, so you have to now play him in the morning and afternoon tomorrow. I'm also not sure I would have benched DJ and Kuchar both tomorrow morning. Maybe pair DJ with Fowler and sit Mickelson instead. DJ should be playing 5 matches, in my opinion.

Clarke splitting up Rose and Stenson is a huge break for the US. They need to get 2 points in those matches, because Clarke is taking a huge gamble there.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
That koepka putt was gangster

CJ_24

'Minnesota nice' is a foreign concept at the Ryder Cup. At least as applied to Sergio, apparently.

CJ_24

DJ/Koepka v. Rory/Pieters in the afternoon. I think the average driving distance of that group is 315. lol.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
For fucks sake. US doesn't get a half here, it's probably over. Might be over either way. They'll be lucky to get 2 points in the afternoon with those pairings.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Yeah Clarke got the better of Love in the match ups. It's not hard to imagine Europe taking a lead and putting pressure on players like Kuchar to win. 3 points should be enough, but it's not impossible.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
I think it's awesome that Rory keeps interacting with the crowd. He's playing the likable villain perfectly (it helps that his game is on fire this week, obviously).

I hope Reed beats him, but I hope it's because Reed is on fire too, and not Rory choked or something.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Rory-Reed was everything that is great about the Ryder Cup. Fuck anybody who thinks that's beneath golf. It was the most fun I've ever had watching golf.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Yeah Clarke got the better of Love in the match ups. It's not hard to imagine Europe taking a lead and putting pressure on players like Kuchar to win. 3 points should be enough, but it's not impossible.

Nailed it.

And Phickie goes 4-2-1. Congrats to Phil, the greatest playing captain in Ryder Cup history.

-YTC

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Nailed it.

And Phickie goes 4-2-1. Congrats to Phil, the greatest playing captain in Ryder Cup history.

-YTC

This was the type of Ryder Cup where I don't think the captain's decisions would have made any difference in the final outcome. Still think Clarke got the better of Love in the singles matchup, but it didn't matter because the US was so much better this weekend.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
On Sunday, there were 124 birdies and five eagles made in the 202 total holes played over 12 singles matches. 64% of the holes were birdie or better. That is crazy no matter how easy the course was set up.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
On Sunday, there were 124 birdies and five eagles made in the 202 total holes played over 12 singles matches. 64% of the holes were birdie or better. That is crazy no matter how easy the course was set up.

Honestly, shouldn't a competition like this be set up like that? It's not the freaking US Open. You want this to be exciting. It's why you put Rory and Reed out there, even though it might not be the best strategy for the team.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Man, the "nobody should have fun" crowd in golf might be worse than baseball which I didn't think was possible

Surprised Brian McCann didn't make the trip to MN to tackle someone fist pumping after an eagle putt

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
Honestly, shouldn't a competition like this be set up like that? It's not the freaking US Open. You want this to be exciting. It's why you put Rory and Reed out there, even though it might not be the best strategy for the team.
Yes I agree 100%.