• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

CJ _24 Get to the Point Thread

CJ_24

arnold-palmer-kate-upton-video.jpg

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
lmao, what's the context here? god damn southpaw and his reddit spergs

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Ryder Cup might be my favorite event in golf.

US should be able to hold its own this morning with the pairings, although Kuchar and DJ really need to be able to take down Westwood and Pieters. They're also getting a break with Rory going out with Sullivan. Realistically, if they can break even on foursomes, they'll probably win the thing. They've got a lot of players who are perfect for fourball, and last time the Euros just trounced them in foursomes. Just have to even that out.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
I've never liked the Phil/Rickie pairing for some reason, I'm surprised at this point they aren't getting smacked down.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I'm not sure Phil should be out there in foursomes at all. He has an impulse to completely screw his partner at least 3 times a round. I can't imagine trying to talk him out of the insane shot through 3 trees that will probably leave you right on top of an exposed root or something.

At this point, they're lucky that Rory and Sullivan are having issues. On a par 5, Phil hit his tee shot out of bounds, and then Rickie nearly did to. Phil was hitting 4 right handed against a fence :laughing: That's exactly what you're talking about.

As I type this, BIG CAT SIGHTING!!!! @Brick - I know you're reading this on your honeymoon.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Kuchar and DJ are 5 up through 8. (!!!) It'd be nice to get the first point with the last match of the day.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Kuchar and DJ are 5 up through 8. (!!!) It'd be nice to get the first point with the last match of the day.

Now 4 up through 9. Still an ass-kicking by pro golfing standards. I remember one year in the opening round of the Championship Flight of the Club Championship; a golfer lost 10 & 8....and before you ask: no, it wasn't me and the losing golfer was sober for the match.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
The amount of commercials would be really annoying if I wasn't doing work at the same time. I mean, there's not much golf being played on the course, so it's understandable. You'd hope the fourballs would be better this afternoon, although I know that's wishful thinking.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Surely, you could work from home in that scenario.

I'm working in my office at home with the Ryder Cup on in the living room while I wait for anyone at Adventures by Disney to call me back about a potential $100k group booking.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
The course looks to be in amazing shape. Not that it would be in anything less.

And just like that the dynamic duo go from 1 up to 1 down.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong

I had to walk away and came back to Phil under a tree :laughing: Really could use a half point from one of the two matches the US are down in.

By the way, Reed's tour sauce game is criminally underrated.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
Reed has gone from me hating him to loving him somehow. Good for him.

I'm not sure why Koepka is not out there this morning? Seems like he would be better to pair with Fowler or Walker.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Maybe Love wanted to let him start in fourball, which is a lot less pressure? That's my only guess. I do hope he gets out for the other 3 team matches, though. Maybe give Phil a break on foursomes tomorrow.

kingssc

Didn't Tiger destroy somebody like 10 years ago in the first round of match play like 10&8 or 9&8 after the guy said that anything could happen?

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Speith and Reed taking down Stenson and Rose is huge. That's Europe's top pairing, who I don't think ever led. And DJ/Kuchar just need to not lose 1 of the next 5 holes to win their match. Ideal start for us, especially if Walker and ZJ can get another point.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Oh man, Phil and Rickie might pull off the full point. Rickie just hit a great shot to about 10 feet, and Sullivan promptly put one in the water.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.

I'm always amazed at how nice the golf courses are here. Pretty amazing considering they sit under snow for at least four months every year.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I'm going to guess.

W for Spieth/Reed
L for Moore/Holmes
W Sneds and Koepka
L for DJ And Kuch

I'd say:

Half Speith/Reed
W Moore/Holmes
L Sneds/Koepka
W DJ/Kuchar

I really like that Moore/Holmes pairing. They could drop a lot of birdies out there.