• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

B1G Football

Skeeter

Uber felon
weird story. so long tracy.. we barely knew ye.

Cocaine charges dropped, as he was blood, urine, and hair tested and all came back negative. Also apparently the officer didn't do a search of the car after the person before Mr. Sprinkle was removed.

Plead no contest to misdemeanor failure to follow an order from a police officer.

Expectations is that he will be reinstated to the team on Monday. I honestly don't know if this is the right move by Urbs, but I'm not sure what else he should do here.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Jesus, was Rutgers playing in a high school stadium back in 1992?

Basically. It was a 29,000 seater where the current stadium sits. They usually played 2 or 3 games a season at Giants Stadium from 1981 to 1992. Penn State and Army home games were always there, and then you'd see another game or 2 rotated in from WVU, BC, Pitt, Syracuse. They also played Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, Vanderbilt and Florida there. In 1993, Rutgers played all their home games at Giants Stadium as they built the current Rutgers stadium (42K seats). Rutgers stadium was expanded to 52K.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
http://btn.com/2014/08/08/football-tour-dienharts-best-from-rutgers/

Most impressive player: Gary Nova. The senior quarterback looks like he is coming along and poised for a nice senior season. He is strong, athletic, can run and has a nice arm. He can do a bit of everything in an offense that will require that.

ruh-roh1.jpg

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
So Braxton Miller might be out for the year. Apparently he dislocated his shoulder without contact, which is not a good sign for his ability to play this year.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
They should still have a pretty damn good team, but that likely takes them out of national title contention. They could definitely still contend in the B1G, but they're not the favorites anymore.

Soonerfan09

Dang. Feel bad for him and tOSU.

When was the last time a Top 5 team lost their #1 player for the year like this?

Not sure about any other team, but Oklahoma lost Jermaine Gresham (AA TE) about a week before the 2009 season and then of course Bradford after the first game.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
The first that came to mind was Dennis Dixon. Yeah, it was late in the season, but national title contender, Heisman candidate QB, etc.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Wes Lunt named starting QB in a move that surprises no one, mostly because no one gives a shit but also because he's the best passer on the roster and it's not even close.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
I sure as hell hope not, I'd rather they call him the all-time leading passer in Illinois history when he graduates.

I don't think we're that lucky.

Renegade

Charge on!
So what's the deal with the PSU OL and Hackenberg? Sounds like they had injuries on the OL and that Hackenberg is either hurt or has regressed under the new coaches.

Simo77

So what's the deal with the PSU OL and Hackenberg? Sounds like they had injuries on the OL and that Hackenberg is either hurt or has regressed under the new coaches.
OL is very thin. Not even a 2 deep.

Hackenberg regressing? Everything I've seen has been the opposite. Got a source? I guess we'll find out soon enough. Any development or regression will be irrelevant if they can't cobble together a serviceable line though.

But the OL is critically thin. So even minor injuries could be catastrophic.

Last edited:

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
I will echo everything @Simo77 said. I've seen nothing about Hackenberg regressing. In fact, all of the practice reports have been glowing, especially about how he's utilizing the TE's.

OL is going to be no bueno, and will be the reason why PSU will struggle to win 6. Best opportunity to "pull an upset" may be week 1 against UCF since we will be as deep as we will ever be this season. One or 2 key injuries, and it all goes downhill in a hurry.

What's the latest with your QB battle?

-YTC

Renegade

Charge on!
I will echo everything @Simo77 said. I've seen nothing about Hackenberg regressing. In fact, all of the practice reports have been glowing, especially about how he's utilizing the TE's.

OL is going to be no bueno, and will be the reason why PSU will struggle to win 6. Best opportunity to "pull an upset" may be week 1 against UCF since we will be as deep as we will ever be this season. One or 2 key injuries, and it all goes downhill in a hurry.

What's the latest with your QB battle?

-YTC

The Hackenberg thing was a rumor off of one of the PSU boards. Might have had to do with the OL not giving him good protection.

Our starter will be Pete DiNovo, RS-Fr. He set numerous Tampa area passing records, and all last year he was known to be the younger QB with the best grasp of the playbook and best demeanor on-field, but he just didn't really have the arm strength to make a lot of the throws at the college level. Apparently has has worked real hard in the weight room and can now make those throws, pushing him ahead of last year's backup, Justin Holman. Holman has all the physical tools but reportedly doesn't know the offense as well, and he has a bad habit of line drive passes across the middle leading to a lot of INTs in practice. Nick Patti, the Boise transfer, might end up being our #2...apparently is the best passer of the three and deadly accurate, but doesn't know the offense yet having been in just for summer.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Dinovo, mostly because we've got 7 WRs that could start for many teams...three will be in the league imo (Hall, Perriman, Akins), and two others (Worton, Williams) might claw their way in through training camp. Even if we're a bit more ground game heavy, the WRs are going to create opportunities for Dinovo to move the ball.

Texacotea

Wisconsin going with McEvoy at QB. Pretty interesting choice.

Guess his throwing motion has gotten better. That's why he left SC SOS wanted to move him because his throwing motion wasn't great.
Kids and athlete and it shows since he played safety last year. Wish him luck might could have been the starter this year if SOS wasn't such a perfectionist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chase

Looks like a slew of B1G teams are in dogfights with MAC, Division IAA schools and the Navy.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
Ohio state in a dogfight with Navy right now.
Sucks that Braxton Miller is out but the bucks weren't ever going to contend having to replace 4 on the OL