• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Are you a legitimate BACKUP?! The TRANSFER PORTAL thread

GR8 2 B FL G8R

We got that naysayer Grimsley who nayspoke thus

"The only guarantee with Alabama is that [Nick] Saban isn’t going anywhere,” he said on if you have to look back at assistant coaches leaving. “He’s always going to bring dudes that can coach, also Saban coaches the DB’s, the corners. That’s the difference with Florida, they don’t give time for coaches to build programs. Coaches get fired for winning 10 games, so you have to win fast. That’s the only question about Florida is the stability in the coaching job.”

Last edited:

Mame YO

slings rocks
Search “Dogshit” or “dog shit” under poster “mame y0”, zero results. It’s almost like you keep attributing statements to me that I didn’t say, but go off.

Here is what I actually said, whether you agree with this or not it’s not even close to what you’ve twisted it into. Back to the basement with you, cretin.
@Brick the only position that is arguable on the defense is Muhammad vs Jackson but in any case they’re both likely future high draft picks and are performing at an elite level. Oregon has a better d line, and I know you didn’t like their LBs earlier in the year but now that Jestin Jacobs is playing full time bassa+Jacobs is very strong especially against the run. UW doesn’t have a comparable unit. Oregon has a statistically better defense in basically every catagory, whether you go counting stats like total defense, scoring defense, rushing yards, passing yards, or if you do advanced stats like EPA.

I mean, it’s fine if you want to say Muhammad is better than Jackson but that’s like saying Odunze is better than Franklin. Both elite. Both 1st rounders, etc.

As I already pointed out though, despite Muhammad arguably being better than Jackson Oregon has a better pass D and better D overall by a wide margin. Idk why this is even in question.

Brick

BAD FAITH
3-0 by a combined 10 points.

That isn’t what we’re discussing though. You said the programs are moving different directions - next year UW is taking a huge step back. They just don’t have the players to do anything resembling a reload and if you think otherwise you’re delusional.

To be clear, Oregon is probably a 3 loss team next year unless they hit on some key transfer spots but the difference between Oregon and UW is that they’re loaded with young talent while UW is a poo poo platter that’s being held up by a good QB/WR core that is about to leave. Oregon is just set up better for medium/long term success.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I stand by all of that. Even the most ardent DAWG fans knew that after this year they were going to be in a rebuild, even before DeBoer left them. Even beyond just their starters, their 2 deep was littered with upperclassmen that they were losing to graduation.

It’s a moot point now anyway, they’ll be fighting for bowl eligibility for a couple of years, best case. So much for long term success. It was almost worth clicking show ignored content to watch you cope.

Mame YO

slings rocks
To me to me the guy that continues to reference a nonexistent DOGSHIT quote under every other post I make *while knowing he’s on ignore* is the one coping but that’s just me. Anyway, enjoy the rest of your day.

Mame YO

slings rocks
urtube suggested this vidya to me, small creator, pretty well put together. A decent bit of the info he goes over more or less confirms conventional wisdom around recruiting.

He broke down the data in a few different ways. He used pro bowl selections, the nfl draft, draft position, and national championships. The vidya is a bit more focused on the predictive power of recruiting rankings re: the NFL, but there is some usefulness for college also imo.

Some quick highlights and then some sperging further down:

1) at the all-pro selection level, recruiting rankings aren’t very useful at all,
2) 58% of 5 star recruits were drafted, 20% of 4 stars were drafted. A 2 or 3 star ranking was more or less indicative of an FBS level player but not generally expected to go to the NFL.
3) all 23 national champions in the recruiting era had at least one top 10 class on their roster.
4) QB, OL, MLB are the hardest positions to predict. DL, DE/edge, RB, WR are the easiest to predict.
5) CB is harder to predict but he hypothesizes that it’s because the best HS kids aren’t put at corner, they’re put at LB or safety where they can be around the ball more and then converted later.

Overall I think a lot of his analysis can be applied to college and as I said at the beginning of the post, it more or less backs up a lot of the conventional wisdom around recruiting, especially the importance of defensive line talent in college football. He talked about offensive line talent being harder to evaluate, said it was more important to get kids to camp and evaluate in person. That was interesting also, that goes a bit more against my personal assumptions but that’s fine. I guess the idea is that it’s a more cerebral position than I would’ve assumed.

To that point: he touched on this and I more or less agree - the more tangible the required skills are for a position, the easier it is to evaluate and predict. Edge rushers need to be big and fast so a freak athlete is easy to evaluate. Versus a QB or MLB where a lot more of their performance is mental and that’s just difficult to predict years down the line.

One of his main conclusions was that the further you get from high school, the less predictive recruiting rankings are, which makes sense. 58% of 5 stars getting drafted is high - and in college, if you have 5 star kids on your roster that kid is going to be a big contributor for you most of the time. But by the time you get to the pro bowl selections, 5 stars make up only 13% of selections. The data on pro bowlers isn’t a huge surprise imo but still interesting - it’s actually kind of wild that 60% of pro bowlers were 3 star or less. And again, a lot of these are in the positions that are harder to predict.

FUN

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Some dude from Idaho named Gatlin is gonna be a gamechanger?

press-x-to-doubt-la-noire.jpg

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
I mean maybe this kid will be good. But we taking 8 man football kids now??? We out here just desperate l.

Brasky signed a top 10 TE this year whose first 11-man football game was the Army AA game. He passes the eye test but it will be interesting to see what happens when he isn't going up against Ernest goes to Football

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Bro was introduced as an early enrolled at a Illinois basketball game lmao. Can't enroll due to transfer credits problems.

stick a fork in us cuz we done.

digs

sun of nothing
he didn't look great after being named starter last year, but he was a true freshman battling a thumb injury and only ended up playing in 3 games. He may be amazing when healed or may take some development IDK, BAD FIT for DILLY, we only have like 22 open scholarships so we shouldn't waste one on a BUM anyway. Plus we got walk on BOURGUET as a starter. Back to the CUPBOARD with you

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Would they call this on Elzy in a live game???? Also gosh I hope this kid balls out.... we really need a higher ranked WR recruit to finally pan out.