• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Are you a legitimate BACKUP?! The TRANSFER PORTAL thread

Mame YO

slings rocks
You literally quoted me out of context saying that Oregon would be a 3 loss team… UNLESS they got some key transfers (the part you left out), and then called me a liar. Fuck you.

Last edited:

Mame YO

slings rocks
dat trumpkin context denial playbook
You’re the one going for classic conservative bad faith debate tactics. Always be on offense. Always deflect back onto your opponent. Nevermind that you blatantly distorted what I said by quoting me out of context, let’s get back to attacking me because I said that UW’s roster outside of a few key players isn’t very good.

Which, by the way, is true. “You are what your record says you are” is nonsense. Every player on that roster isn’t a world beater just because they’re undefeated lol. Most of those guys are going to be car salesmen when they graduate.

Mame YO

slings rocks
UW is the epitome of a team that does something at an elite level and then everything else just good enough to make it work. That’s what they are. Let’s not pretend. You saw how they played for most of the second half of the season, you’re revising your opinion of them after the pac12 championship game purely based on hindsight and attacking comments I made without that same benefit.

And we’re clearly asking fundamentally different questions. I’m looking at position groups, individual players and evaluating their production and talent level. You’re just looking at them and seemingly thinking to yourself “they beat Oregon and are undefeated, therefore every player on their team is amazing”. It’s nonsense.

Brick

CHIP a BUM for winning against that shitty pac-12

UW also bad despite winning 20 straight against great pac

librul logic

Mame YO

slings rocks
CHIP a BUM for winning against that shitty pac-12

UW also bad despite winning 20 straight against great pac

librul logic
This isn’t the question we’re asking.

The question is specifically about the roster construction, position groups, talent evaluation. Two things can be true at once: one, UW is a good team, they are undefeated, they beat Oregon. Also, they’re a team built around doing one thing really well with a core set of elite players and have a pretty mediocre roster outside of those elite players.

Again, we’re clearly not even on the same page as to what question is even being asked.

Brick

Every player on that roster isn’t a world beater just because they’re undefeated lol. Most of those guys are going to be car salesmen when they graduate.
You’re just looking at them and seemingly thinking to yourself “they beat Oregon and are undefeated, therefore every player on their team is amazing”. It’s nonsense.
at least i have "out of context" quotes and im not purely imagining.

digs

sun of nothing
How can @Mame YO constantly take the bait over and over and over? Lawdhavmercy
was honestly looking for a gif of a fish getting hooked over and over but most fisherman eventually put the fish out of their misery so I don't think it exists

have we lold at PRIMEs BARE CUPBOARD yet?

Mame YO

slings rocks
what is ur source of analysis? a bunch of neckbeard prehms?
When I say that oregon has a better defensive line, for example, I’m literally comparing the position groups directly. Why would “well, Washington beat Oregon” have any bearing on which set of defensive linemen is better from a player personnel standpoint? Do the DL line up and play each other now or did I miss that?

idk man you seem a bit confused.

Brick

When I say that oregon has a better defensive line, for example, I’m literally comparing the position groups directly.
based on what. are you watching all 22 and scouting tape or something? or is this just crootin stars

Mame YO

slings rocks
Oregon and Washington played in the same conference. They played most of the same teams lol. Comparing their statistical profile is pretty useful given these facts! Don’t be dense.

On the defensive line, Oregon had a better run defense statistically, they had better pass rushing stats as a team. On the offensive line, they allowed fewer pressures and sacks, they produced a better run game offensively by a wide margin. These stats are highly correlated to line play. Oregon, in fact, was #1 in the country in sacks allowed. The defense was 25th in sacks while UW was 120th.

These position groups are just better than UW’s groups based on their body of work on the season. That isn’t the same as saying that Oregon didn’t lose to UW. That isn’t the question being asked.

Brick

mr good faith surely isnt shifting the goalposts from "their roster is dogshit" to "oregon is statistically better"

Brick

those oregon RB stats look similar to the auburn game. i am worried about the recruiting. no talent to stop the run or run.

Mame YO

slings rocks
View attachment 30902
View attachment 30903
grats to oregon for winning the statistical profile vs common opponents
Im not really interested in relitigating the pac12 championship but it’s worth noting that Oregon’s best run defender was injured in the first quarter, which forced Dorlus to slide over. By the end of the game Oregon was missing their best defensive lineman, both starting corners, a safety, and Franklin. Bucky was playing hurt too. I’m not saying anything else on this game.

Brick

Im not really interested in relitigating the pac12 championship but it’s worth noting that Oregon’s best run defender was injured in the first quarter, which forced Dorlus to slide over. By the end of the game Oregon was missing their best defensive lineman, both starting corners, a safety, and Franklin. I’m not saying anything else on this game.
i thought oregon is a lot deeper than washington and set up for long term success....guess those backup bums who got physically dominated all game are gonna improve a lot in the offseason.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Look at how hard you’re trying!

Oregon IS deeper and more set up for long term success lol.

UW’s defensive line 2 deep is 4 seniors, trice (NFL), and two backups that are RS juniors. After that… what? They have a few 3* 260lb DL that they have signed in the last couple of years. That’s it.

Oregon loses 4 seniors but plays 9 deep and obviously returns the remaining 5 players including most likely Burch. That’s before even talking about players that had limited action (Blake purchase being a notable example) or the class that Oregon just brought in which is literally the #1 rated defensive line class in the country.

Comparing these roster groups and projecting out the future you’re insane if you think to yourself “yeah, I’ll take UW’s DL”

Mame YO

slings rocks
No.

1) UW has very little proven production remaining after this year on their defensive line. Oregon does.

2) UW has no reasonable expectation of replacing their guys with better players than Oregon based on any available information.

Your entire argument is built on hopes and dreams, not mine. Until proven otherwise, anyone looking at these two position groups and projecting for the future is going to say that Oregon has a much better opportunity for success on the defensive line than UW over the next few seasons. There is no reason to believe otherwise.

Brick

i am not making an argument that UWs line is better. you cant even find an out of context quote for that one. you just keep deflecting about the moronic claim that washingtons roster sucks and imagining arguments in ur head. im bad faith tho.

What you’re saying is that unless Oregon is undefeated they’re awful
“You are what your record says you are” is nonsense. Every player on that roster isn’t a world beater just because they’re undefeated lol.

you’re revising your opinion of them after the pac12 championship game

You’re just looking at them and seemingly thinking to yourself “they beat Oregon and are undefeated, therefore every player on their team is amazing”. It’s nonsense.

Why would “well, Washington beat Oregon” have any bearing on which set of defensive linemen is better from a player personnel standpoint?

Comparing these roster groups and projecting out the future you’re insane if you think to yourself “yeah, I’ll take UW’s DL”

Mame YO

slings rocks
You’re mocking me for saying their roster isn’t that good outside of a few key players based entirely on the fact that they beat Oregon lol. So of course my response is going to be to address that by pointing to the actual personnel on the two teams as reasoning for why I said what I said in the first place. That’s how logic works, bud.

Mame YO

slings rocks
So oregon has lots of talent and is super deep, but they lost because the talent gap between the backups and the injured starters is too vast? Do I have that right?
No, they lost because Washington is an elite passing team that causes matchup problems.

I was responding to Brick trying to brag about UW running on Oregon while their best run defender was out.

Ya’ll are purposefully conflating separate issues in an effort to tilt me.

Last edited: