• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Are you a legitimate BACKUP?! The TRANSFER PORTAL thread

Mame YO

slings rocks
we met over a decade ago on a forum dedicated to a discontinued college footbaw vidya game lol. Go off though.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I used to feel a lot like you, actually. I was pretty sensitive to the criticisms about perceived talent deficiencies during the Chip era. How did that play out? Auburn? LSU? Say what you want about how close Oregon was to winning that game vs Auburn, there was an obvious mismatch along the lines in particular and you cant just corch your way around that. Remember those midline option plays? I do. It matters.

That’s why you see Lanning recruiting 20 offensive linemen, 20 defensive linemen. Skill guys you can coach but you need those dudes in the trenches to take that next step.

It’s funny because teams like USC over there with 100 DBs and WRs and 240lb DLs. They have it backwards.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Talk about peak CROOTIN BRAIN lmao. CHIP went 46-7 at Oregon, made a BCS bowl every year, won two of them, won the conference title three times, made the national title, and had three top 5 finishes with his worst finish at #11

Cigar Boy is winless against his HATES CROOTIN rivals and his biggest accomplishment is winning the Holiday Bowl by a point over cryptkeeper Mack Brown

Brick

all crootin does is make it easier to create stupid false retrospective narratives about how games/seasons go. the auburn one is the funniest.

fairley was a hesiman level defender. bama rushed for 69 yards on 30 carries with ingram, richardson, lacy against that auburn team. guess they should have just CROOTED better.

all the idiot oregon fans fell for that narrative, and here we are.

Mame YO

slings rocks
it goes the other way too when it comes to narratives. Lanning is 21-5 in his first two years ever as a head coach, with 1 loss being to a national champion Georgia, 2 losses being to the same playoff team Washington, and the other two losses occurring in his first year with an injured QB (and if we really want to get picky about it, both of those losses were pretty fluky in the first place. I’m not going to die on that hill though).

The shittiest thing about drawing liberty (thanks auto qualifiers) is that Oregon won’t have the opportunity to prove themselves against a quality opponent and I’ll have to listen to your shitty narrative for the next 9 months. They’ll win the fiesta bowl after signing a top 4-5ish class and you’ll pretend like it doesn’t count even though 120+ other teams in the nation would kill to be in that position. They’ll return most of their 2 deep next year after winning 12 games this season and you’ll project them to be something like 8-4 which is just nonsense. You’re talking about a team that has won 10+ games 4 out of the last 5 years (Covid year being the exception). It’s fine, we both clearly have time.

Mame YO

slings rocks
And I loved the chip era as much as anyone but ya’ll forget how bad the pac10/12 was during that time. USC was in shambles. Washington was a doormat. Oregon state was plucky but good for a couple of losses. When Utah entered the conference there was an adjustment period for them. It was Oregon vs Stanford every year for half a decade. People like to gloss over that fact.

Mame YO

slings rocks
It’s hard to comprehend, really. You can just hand out schollies to random kids and ucla should be able to bring in a top 25 class. Again, I’m kinda backing up Chip here but there’s no excuse for this.
It’s hard when there are rumors about CHIP getting fired doe. :dunno:

Mame YO

slings rocks
It's funny because you'll say that no matter what. I remember at the beginning of the season you were saying there was no way Oregon would beat WSU, Utah, OSU, etc. now you're clinging to two 3 point losses to an undefeated playoff participant as rationalization for your irrational dislike of Lanning and Oregon and all of those teams are garbage and Oregon beat a bunch of nobodies. Go ahead and hold on to that 8-4, 7-5 prediction for next year. I won't forget.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
It's funny because you'll say that no matter what. I remember at the beginning of the season you were saying there was no way Oregon would beat WSU, Utah, OSU, etc. now you're clinging to two 3 point losses to an undefeated playoff participant as rationalization for your irrational dislike of Lanning and Oregon and all of those teams are garbage and Oregon beat a bunch of nobodies. Go ahead and hold on to that 8-4, 7-5 prediction for next year. I won't forget.
Weren't you guaranteeing a victory against the LUCKIEST TEAM OF ALL TIME like a month ago?

I WON'T FORGET

Mame YO

slings rocks
You're twisting my words beyond recognition lol but that's par for the course. Let's just pretend that you haven't consistently moved the goalposts all year in a constant effort to shit on Oregon too. It's fine.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I can quote you too, but here's some paraphrasing to hold you over

first, no way they navigate a schedule with wazzu, uw, utah, osu, usc, on it. easily gon' drop multiple games. Oregon was going to lose to Utah. Then they whooped Utah, but it was because Utah is bad, actually, nevermind. whooped USC too, but they're bad too. OSU also. Half the board was rooting for the beavs to beat Oregon this season. Got real quiet after that game. Bad teams all around though. Oregon hasn't played anybody, actually. Lost to UW by 3 points so they're AWFUL. Must be because Lanning is just a CROOT corch. Yep. that's it.

Mame YO

slings rocks
It's funny because when it comes to the two UW matchups:

the first matchup I repeatedly said I thought Oregon would drop that game because of the matchup. I did what fans do and hoped for the best and looked for reasons to be optimistic but you can find me saying that multiple times early in the season.

The second matchup, Oregon had been rolling and UW had been struggling. You had admitted this, even. I was more confident in this matchup because of the trajectory of the two teams and because I believed Oregon had the better overall roster. Also, though, I can also quote myself making comparisons to 2014 Arizona or 2019 Utah. Was Washington going to be a matchup nightmare that Oregon couldn't overcome or were they going to be like that Arizona team that Oregon got revenge on?

You like to paint me as unreasonable but the posts are all there. Have fun trying to find quotes to mock me with out of context though.

Brick

washington's entire roster outside of WR/QB is dog shit:
UW is a poo poo platter that’s being held up by a good QB/WR core that is about to leave.
not a single washington defender would start on THE SQUAD:
Oregon is the better overall team, absolutely yes. Better lines. Better defense at every position.
this was the best oregon team of all time:
It kind of sucks because I think this is probably the best team they’ve ever had overall

Mame YO

slings rocks
It's funny because when it comes to the two UW matchups:

the first matchup I repeatedly said I thought Oregon would drop that game because of the matchup. I did what fans do and hoped for the best and looked for reasons to be optimistic but you can find me saying that multiple times early in the season.

The second matchup, Oregon had been rolling and UW had been struggling. You had admitted this, even. I was more confident in this matchup because of the trajectory of the two teams and because I believed Oregon had the better overall roster. Also, though, I can also quote myself making comparisons to 2014 Arizona or 2019 Utah. Was Washington going to be a matchup nightmare that Oregon couldn't overcome or were they going to be like that Arizona team that Oregon got revenge on?

You like to paint me as unreasonable but the posts are all there. Have fun trying to find quotes to mock me with out of context though.

Mame YO

slings rocks
washington's entire roster outside of WR/QB is dog shit:

not a single washington defender would start on THE SQUAD:

this was the best oregon team of all time:
1) yes. Pretty much. Trice, their center, there are a couple guys but otherwise yes.
2) what you’re claiming I said isn’t what I said in the quote
3) at best you’re calling me out for being a bit overzealous - this is probably the most talented roster Oregon has ever had. It’s also one of the youngest.

Mame YO

slings rocks
If you want to relitigate point #2, Oregon DOES have better position groups at both lines. JPJ is the best lineman in the country. The OL corch just won the award for best OL corch of the year. They also have a better overall defense statistically. That’s all just true. Those are objectively defensible positions. Trice is a better edge rusher, Burch is a better run defender at the same position (was also injured in the 1st quarter of the pac12 shampionship. Go figure). The cb1 for both teams are comparable talents.

Probably the main difference is that UW’s backups are all veterans whereas Oregon’s backups are talented first or second year guys. UW did a good job. I’m not taking that from them. But I wouldn’t trade rosters and if you would, you’d be in the minority and you’d be chasing fool’s gold.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Washington is an undefeated playoff team. What you’re saying is that unless Oregon is undefeated they’re awful, which is an impossible standard. I might as well block all of you’ll and play chess with my dog if that’s what we’re doing.

Mame YO

slings rocks
And really that’s what @Brick ‘s entire angle is. I said before that he moved the goalposts all season and that’s what I mean. There isn’t a reasonable standard where he is willing to say “okay this is a good team” he is just going to shit on them regardless of what they do lol.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Washington is an undefeated playoff team. What you’re saying is that unless Oregon is undefeated they’re awful, which is an impossible standard. I might as well block all of you’ll and play chess with my dog if that’s what we’re doing.
No it's the standard you are setting yourself...you yourself said that Oregon outrecruits Washington every year, often having a top 5 national class. You said Oregon is stronger at nearly every position group. Judging by this standard, yes losing to a worse team twice is absolutely underachieving.

If you want to think of yourself as a top 5 national program as you appear to think they are capable of, this year is not a success for Oregon. I'm just judging them by your own standards.

Ask an OSU or Alabama fan if a 12-2 season with no playoff is a good season. They'll probably say no.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I’ve also said that UW presents a matchup problem, and Oregon’s defensive back depth has been a problem for a few years in particular. I’ve said some version of this statement many times over the last couple of seasons. Sometimes better overall teams lose to teams that have key matchup advantages. Especially when you’re talking about a team that is basically an air raid with 3-4 NFL WRs and a 1st round QB.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Beyond that @adchester im usually responding to @Brick saying they’re an 8-4 team when I’m usually thinking they’re a 10+ win team with a chance at the playoff. Who do you think is closer to the truth, generally speaking?

Spoiler alert: they usually ARE a 10+ win team with a chance at the playoff.

Brick

Beyond that @adchester im usually responding to @Brick saying they’re an 8-4 team when I’m usually thinking they’re a 10+ win team with a chance at the playoff. Who do you think is closer to the truth, generally speaking?

Spoiler alert: they usually ARE a 10+ win team with a chance at the playoff.

To be clear, Oregon is probably a 3 loss team next year

Mame YO

slings rocks
…Unless they hit on some key transfer spots.

Tell me, how do you think they did?

You know, I’d appreciate it if you stopped doing that. The rest of the quote is right there.

Mame YO

slings rocks
It’s almost like getting another veteran QB, starting safety, OL, etc to supplement their young core makes them very good, actually. Returning Burch, Tez, Holden, etc. is good. That’s probably worth 10-2 or 11-1, playoff appearance.

Last edited:

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
DpQ9YJl.png

Mame YO

slings rocks
Here is the quote for those that are assuming I’m just whining

To be clear, Oregon is probably a 3 loss team next year unless they hit on some key transfer spots but the difference between Oregon and UW is that they’re loaded with young talent while UW is a poo poo platter that’s being held up by a good QB/WR core that is about to leave. Oregon is just set up better for medium/long term success.