• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2087 Season Thread

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I mean we never really did get the talent side "right" anyway... so many trog bats and terrible pitching. Almost every GOAT position player and most pitchers have been IFA.

We had a good mix in the early years I thought, definitely could be wrong though. The 40s and early 50s had a lot of GOATs IIRC

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Ah. When you said that I had schauwn resign & made you gm. Let me see if I can change it.

I can't remember what I changed it to once I figured out wooly was using it. I didn't know I still had a gm so I thought you'd just make a new one. I didn't think about the pw thing until you switched it

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I feel like those guys were all IFA- I remember some brutal drafts from those years.

Well how did we start in 2040 or whenever we started with such a good pool? Maybe I didn't test enough and we need to up the talent on either side. I know the 40s were gr8 but I don't remember the drafts at all so they could have been trash.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Well how did we start in 2040 or whenever we started with such a good pool? Maybe I didn't test enough and we need to up the talent on either side. I know the 40s were gr8 but I don't remember the drafts at all so they could have been trash.

I started in 1949 I think and the first draft was butt! I had some good players from 1948 that the cpu selected...

I do think the pitchers have gotten worse// more fragile, but position players always sucked at defensive ratings

Wolfman21

I started in 1949 I think and the first draft was butt! I had some good players from 1948 that the cpu selected...

I do think the pitchers have gotten worse// more fragile, but position players always sucked at defensive ratings

my first round pick that year was 1-14 and i selected a guy with 55/55/50 ratings as a pitcher. He would be like a 3rd round pick in this upcoming draft

Wolfman21

5-2 week...thats more like it. Jan Paulsen finally playing like he should...his rubberband snapped back in a big way this week. 11 hits, 5 doubles, 1 triple, 2 homers. Went from being worth -0.4 WAR to 0.6. Quite the week

Wolfman21

also, @Orlando...a little flaw in the "Put Bin Wakil at DH" plan. So while he does play every day that he doesn't pitch...it DOES affect his SP rest. He was throwing 100+ pitches every start while at 1B and getting the day off of rest before and after his start. Since moving him to DH and not getting any off days, hes thrown 89, 99 and 79 pitches and been less effective. Hes also at 35% as his SP rest and hes 2nd up as a starter in the next sim. I think you would have to do 7 day lineups to really make this two way player thing work the best.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
also, @Orlando...a little flaw in the "Put Bin Wakil at DH" plan. So while he does play every day that he doesn't pitch...it DOES affect his SP rest. He was throwing 100+ pitches every start while at 1B and getting the day off of rest before and after his start. Since moving him to DH and not getting any off days, hes thrown 89, 99 and 79 pitches and been less effective. Hes also at 35% as his SP rest and hes 2nd up as a starter in the next sim. I think you would have to do 7 day lineups to really make this two way player thing work the best.
You might be able to do some rest settings in his strategy settings.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By

We created feeders because the draft sucked. But the draft sucked because most of the talent was coming through IFA. The problem has always been IFA

i wouldn’t change anything if IFA isn’t adjusted or removed

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I think @Karl Hungus should just choose what happens, as he's the one that has to work it out (unless someone else wants to do all the hard work). No point in listening to the cacophony of opinions coming out of here as in my experience no-one agrees and there is never a consensus opinion. No-one will ever be happy with everything anyway.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Willing to lend a helping hand.

Sounds like all we need to do is save as a wbl_copy.
Sim 20-30 years for enough turnstyles. 10 year career avg? Less? Export/report pool of players.
Turn off feeders. Sim 20-30 years ahead. Export/report pool of players.
Pro/Con of each.
Debate skeletons.
???
Profit.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Karl should do the testing because he’s been doing this and looking at the league files for the past several years.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Fine, I’ll add that I’m against Os sharing the commish password under any circumstances after Wooly cheated and almost destroyed the league

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Karl has the master file. So if someone other than him ran this, we have a fail safe.

None taken or implied.

edit: we all have copies too, if someone were to pull shenanigans.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Rubber band is definitely snapping back. Was really hoping to make the playoffs with a 50%+ Swede team. Was hoping to add Kamrk to the mix to help the offense, but seems like that isnt happening.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
I can put something together and see what happens. We just need to agree on what parameters we're testing.

Draft only, no IFA? Keep scouting discoveries or nah?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I think we could do with another com to keep things going when Karl goes Kayaking. We used to have yankee, but he's busy crashing cars these days. I don't care if there's a cheating risk. Nothing is unfixable, and everyone is suspicious these days. Y'all got done by Wooly because you were green.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
That GOAT minor league single game performance: Ohayshi on game 50 of THE STREAK hits for the Cycle.

Unfortunately the streak ends at 51.

THANK YOU

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I think we could do with another com to keep things going when Karl goes Kayaking. We used to have yankee, but he's busy crashing cars these days. I don't care if there's a cheating risk. Nothing is unfixable, and everyone is suspicious these days. Y'all got done by Wooly because you were green.

Sorry, you don't get a voice in the Wooly thing. Some of us sniffed it out, spoke up, and were called assholes by Canadians and treated like pariahs over it.

Definitely support @doh for an oh, tho

Wolfman21

Sorry, you don't get a voice in the Wooly thing. Some of us sniffed it out, spoke up, and were called assholes by Canadians and treated like pariahs over it.

hell yeah, i remember I specifically commented multiple times on how WOoly's hit rate on his IFA's was more than coincidental and it was written off as "luck". Shit was too obvious

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member

Take a compliment. What I was saying is that I dont think you'd get caught out by someone cheating again. 'The cheating was so absurd that the league was caught off guard.. Let me for one congratulate and compliment all those who were suspicious. I didn't mean to offend.

Last edited:

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Sounds like I missed out on the fun era of the WBL. Apparently it's better now it's boring with no cheating.

On a different note, can someone make me a commissioner. I'd like to help out.