• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2087 Season Thread

Wolfman21

just go 1000x through all of them. I would rather just sim through the playoffs and get to the next season quicker than watch at the current pace. I'm looking at an inning where its a 2-1 count to a batter and theres runners on 2nd and 3rd with 0 outs, and then the next update the other team is batting and no runs were scored. Without having a live sim like we used to have where you could see the results of every at bat, this just seems like a waste of time. And i'm not judging you on it, things could have changed between back then and now to where that style of live sim isn't possible. This just isn't any fun to watch

Wolfman21

:dunno:

The suggested settings from StatsPlus are even worse.

yeah, i mean, i have no idea so if theres nothing that can change, theres nothing that can change. I just know back when we would have times where over half the league was sitting and watching these games like 15-20+ seasons ago...you could generally see the outcome of every at bat. There might be once or twice where it skipped an at bat, but that was about it. Tonight we started where you could see every other pitch almost and then it seemed like you changed something and all of a sudden we were almost skipping entire half innings. Which is why i asked if there was a happy medium in those changes. But again, i have no clue. I just can't watch the live sim in its current format. Its too frustrating to see a guy get a leadoff double and you are hoping for a big inning only to have the rest of the half inning skipped and all of a sudden your opponent is batting.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
yeah, i mean, i have no idea so if theres nothing that can change, theres nothing that can change. I just know back when we would have times where over half the league was sitting and watching these games like 15-20+ seasons ago...you could generally see the outcome of every at bat. There might be once or twice where it skipped an at bat, but that was about it. Tonight we started where you could see every other pitch almost and then it seemed like you changed something and all of a sudden we were almost skipping entire half innings. Which is why i asked if there was a happy medium in those changes. But again, i have no clue. I just can't watch the live sim in its current format. Its too frustrating to see a guy get a leadoff double and you are hoping for a big inning only to have the rest of the half inning skipped and all of a sudden your opponent is batting.

I dropped it to 10x speed for this game, with broadcasts every second. Is that any better?

Soonerfan09

The live sim changes happened with the move to stats plus. It happens ~3 seasons or so ago I think. Old live sims used to be the thing, but I don’t know if there’s anything Karl can do to bring that back.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Maybe it works better if you're watching it through slack? I know Slack integration is one of the big selling points for SP.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Ugh. It looks like even when it's slow as 10 we're not getting pitch by pitch. Anything slower and you're looking at probably 40 minutes per game.

Wolfman21

Ugh. It looks like even when it's slow as 10 we're not getting pitch by pitch. Anything slower and you're looking at probably 40 minutes per game.

Oh i don't want pitch by pitch. Just seeing the result of each at bat is what i was seeking. Pitch by pitch would be complete misery, haha

Wolfman21

The current rate actually seems really good Karl....if this takes up too much of your time, then feel free to go back to whatever makes it work best for you. But I like this current setting

Wolfman21

Current rate is good? Ok. I am looking into Twitch, though. If I could just stream that window it would rule.

Yeah, current rate is much more in line with what I have been talking about. Now if you could just get Kabul to score some runs...or at the very least, get some hits...that would be great

Wolfman21

is there an add-on that needs to be installed or something to see it? I just get the little folded paper sad face saying shit can't connect