• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2079 Season Thread

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
@Travis7401

20527498446_102582146b_o.jpg

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
So I will miss THE FINALS????? I wanted to participate by asking irrelevant questions on a completely different subject.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Fuck if I'ma start an offseason thread before the Winter Meetings @Mr. Radpants but here's the important stuff from my patch notes:

-Raise your ticket prices by a few dollars, capped at $40
-Everyone who needs an unsignable guy, post it in the offseason thread and I'll add them to your minors team, I got a couple of Tony's guys but stopped after those two because I didn't want to go through every team after doing all that work already. Still one sim left for draft pick signing tho. (APPLIES TO DRAFT "GHOSTS" who were redrafted)

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Fuck if I'ma start an offseason thread before the Winter Meetings @Mr. Radpants but here's the important stuff from my patch notes:

-Raise your ticket prices by a few dollars, capped at $40
-Everyone who needs an unsignable guy, post it in the offseason thread and I'll add them to your minors team, I got a couple of Tony's guys but stopped after those two because I didn't want to go through every team after doing all that work already. Still one sim left for draft pick signing tho. (APPLIES TO DRAFT "GHOSTS" who were redrafted)
What shall I do? I've not made any offers yet.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Go ahead and make your offers, you should have ample cash now. I'll make sure they go through before I sim again. If there's anyone impossible left, I'll figure it out

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Go ahead and make your offers, you should have ample cash now. I'll make sure they go through before I sim again. If there's anyone impossible left, I'll figure it out
That is something I bore in mind before the draft. Only one player is hard. No extreme or impossibles. I knew I didn't have the budget to make that happen. In the end I was actually only 1m short on draft budget. WHAT ARE YOU DOING AWAKE???

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Thanks for the patch notes! I think the media revenue and merchandising are computed on like 5 year intervals, so that’s probably why Berlin was low even though they made the playoffs

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Thanks for the patch notes! I think the media revenue and merchandising are computed on like 5 year intervals, so that’s probably why Berlin was low even though they made the playoffs
Merchandising might be year to year? I lowered it enough so it wont move the needle too much. The new finances are going to be heavily ticket-based but the large national media deal means no one will fall too far behind unless they are running 15 dollar tix

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
@Yankee151 What's a good player dev budget for a rebuilding team?

The effects of dev budget are subtle enough that they are hard to measure, so it is up to you whether you'd rather spend X amount of money on something that might help your players in the future or X amount of money on players who can help you win now and increase your budget going forward. When I'm rebuilding, I prefer to spend any excess money on 1 year details for star players in FA. This brings in more $ because the players are popular and hopefully they'll also help me win more games, which will also bring in more money. Once I'm REBUILT, then I put more into the dev budget. The "League Average" (ie baseline) is set at $6M and I would recommend that as a minimum. When you have excess money, add to it in multiples of the baseline (ie 6,12,18, 24) as it is generally accepted that there are threshold values that need to be reached before you get a bump.

All that is to say, $6M or $12M is what I'd recommend for you now. Once you actually have a few drafts worth of players you care about in the minors bump it to 12-18. I have mine set at 12M now fwiw.

General budgeting rules I recommend are as follows:
1. Start with UR current budget (excluding cash)
2. If you don't anticipate making the playoffs and you don't currently have $10M cash reserves, then Subtract $10M because you want to start carrying $10M cash year over year and you need to budget for that if you don't currently have it. If you are going to make the playoffs or already have $10M cash reserves, then you can allocate your full budget (but not the $10M). You want to end the season with a balance of $10M
3. Subtract Dev Budget (6-12M)
4. Subtract Scouting Budget ($0-6M)
5. Subtract Draft budget ($5M) once you understand budgets more I actually DON'T recommend doing this (I typically just use my cash reserve for signing picks)

So basically, you take ur current budget and subtract between $30M-$40M (use the higher number if you want to play IFA) and this is how much you can allocate to your payroll this season. It is also important to consider future budget projections and player salaries as well. Since you're rebuilding, you ideally will be increasing your budget each year, so you should be able to start increasing payroll based on those projected increases as well.

I have a current budget of $159M, and I will not be playing IFA this year, so I can support a payroll of roughly $129M. My projected payroll is $141M, but I will be declining arb extensions on two pitchers for a total of $5M and trading away a pitcher set to make $9.5M. That will take me to $126.5M, and I'll probably pick up one small free agent role player/backup.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I'ma probably do one more, then sim past into HoF voting (still arb), then move to FA. I want to get @Reel and @goblue96 going before Arb ends, as well, and maybe @OU11 too if he hasn't acquired a key for 19 yet.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
If the Steam key is only one, I'd rather just buy the undiscounted 20 with 3 keys for the 2 remaining new owners since it'll be the same price anyways