• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2079 Season Thread

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
He played an assistant manager roll during the playoffs for NDR. Then we broke his heart in the playoffs, and I fear he may not have recovered yet!

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
giphy.gif

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Just a guess but 1-2, maybe 3 seasons the ballot was screwed. So he, Besim Inonu who is tied with him in 9th in all-time in WAR, and maybe a couple others weren't even voted on. I think the ballot was too long and they didn't show up. Game thinks they got 0% and they're done.

And looking quick, Montgomery/Inonu both retired the same year so they were on the same ballot.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Just a guess but 1-2, maybe 3 seasons the ballot was screwed. So he, Besim Inonu who is tied with him in 9th in all-time in WAR, and maybe a couple others weren't even voted on. I think the ballot was too long and they didn't show up. Game thinks they got 0% and they're done.

And looking quick, Montgomery/Inonu both retired the same year so they were on the same ballot.
I think we should put everyone above a certain WAR threshold in. Not sure what it should be, but 70 seems like a decent threshold line.

doh

Yeah that 3B McBride looks like he was never even voted on and he's the only other position player over 70 WAR who isn't in.

With pitchers, Barney Knowles wasn't voted on either and he's the only guy over 70 WAR.

So it'd be those 4 with Inonu/Big Dick Rick

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Yeah that 3B McBride looks like he was never even voted on and he's the only other position player over 70 WAR who isn't in.

With pitchers, Barney Knowles wasn't voted on either and he's the only guy over 70 WAR.

So it'd be those 4 with Inonu/Big Dick Rick

What about Luke Gwilt, it doesn't look like he's in either with 89.8 career WAR. Guessing he didn't get voted on

doh

Barney Knowles is tainted by Woolyroids and will, at the very least, require a vote to get in. I say that as the GM who watched him debut as a rookie
But he didn't get Woolyroids until he was 35? Wasn't he a HoGer before that?

(the Bonds argument)

doh

HoG inductees:

1B Pedro Ferrreria (Cairo): yes, he has 3 r's in a row. I never noticed. 2071 Hitting Wizard. Career over .500 SLG. Won 2 ships. Last season at 33 after a year where he was still great. Elected in his 2nd year on the ballot.

RF Cesar "Heavy" Hernandez (Las Vegas): 5x Gold Glover and 3 ships. Perhaps the best defensive RF in league history. It was his fifth year on the ballot.

SP Andy Cross (Helsingborg): Spent entire career in Sweden. Went 1-1 in the 2057 Draft and is arguably (with Kasib) the GOAT pitcher in WBL history. 8x Pitching Wizard. First ballot 100% HoGer.

SP Benjamin Morin (Buffalo): 200 game winner got in on first vote. 2.89 career playoff ERA winning two ships.

Guys who missed by 1 vote: C Cliff McLean, SP Antenor Antas, SP Sefano Pierloni (DROPPED!)

Woolyroids Gwilt got 37.5% in his 10th year and will not be in the HoG.