• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2078 Season Thread

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Yeah it's 50% on regular game as well... summer sale.

Little early normally it's during the ASB.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I'll have to upgrade my Mac OS as I'm on a really old one due to music recording equipment. Have found a Mac OS upgrade that won't apparently fuck up my music setup, so with any luck I won't brick my mac tomorrow when I do it. Need to do it for my Sonos equipment anyway as that's all gone defunct on my Mac. I fucking hate computers.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Fuck me OOTP 20 is an utter bag of crap. I updated my OS, and everything works fine..... except for OOTP 20. I downloaded it from their fastspring server and it simply terminates due to some error when you try to load it. So I downloaded their patched version which is for their esellerate version (different fucking reseller), and that works fine but my activation code doesn't. When I checked, I think I have to wait for the patched fastspring version which isn't available yet. I've opened a support ticket.

DON'T MIGRATE TO THIS POS YET.... I thought I'd get the game running early so I would be ready..... That was wishful thinking. All reports say it's full of bugs still.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Now I'm getting an error - can't download the file when I try to get the latest update from OOTP 19. WOuldn't be surprised if it's related. Anyone got the same problem?

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Now I'm getting an error - can't download the file when I try to get the latest update from OOTP 19. WOuldn't be surprised if it's related. Anyone got the same problem?

Yep, can't outright release these BUMS if I can't get the latest file.

Soonerfan09

I also got an error when I tried to download the 19 file and I have not yet purchased 20.
I think it just says “error, cannot download file” or something like that.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Lawd... Just spoke to customer service, and they are well aware that they are selling a mac version of OOTP 20 that doesn't work. He's sending me a license key for the other version.... Fucking incredible.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Lawd... Just spoke to customer service, and they are well aware that they are selling a mac version of OOTP 20 that doesn't work. He's sending me a license key for the other version.... Fucking incredible.

Rs5ShHq.jpg

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
How are our budgets decided? Is everyone on an equal footing, or are some owners more happy to spend their own cash? I have no problem with it, just interested. I quite like bumbling around trying to fix a useless team whilst hampering myself with ridiculous policy.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Definitely a tough one. Left off a few first time balloters to try and get some older guys through. Liu good enough for first time tho

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Plug definitely needs the veteran's committee like Douglass does, lol

I'm always amazed at how few riggers there are on the ballots. I think PINKY is the only player in the hall who played for the riggers for most of his career. I had Isam Nazih put up over 45 WARS WON at catcher, but that was a stacked position and he was always like the 3rd or 4th best catcher in the league at any given time. My pitchers are all hilariously non-exiting, my career leader in most stuff is Terry Morgan and he was always just a pretty average dude, definitely no GOAT. Paul Lee would be kinda close to a GOAT and played half his career as a rigger. Gabriel Castillo was a really good closer for me for a decade and you could make an argument for him, but he's only "better" than one of the early closers.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Why doesn't Nutopia baseball League have a hall of shame? Fame is so 2018. Who the fuck wants to know about all the good players? Clue - I don't and I would sure as hell like to know about some of the crappiest players people had to put on their first teams out of desperation.