• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2078 Season Thread

Soonerfan09

Ploeg getting in over Gowing is a sham. Hall of Mediocre Players confirmed.
Surprised Varela got in on the first ballot, although he is certainly deserving.

Wolfman21

man, some of the ratings on guys in ootp 20 seems a lil fucky.

just going off of braves prospects....Kyle Wright....#11 overall prospect...60/55/40 potential. Ian Anderson...#27 ovr prospect, 55/55/55 potential. meanwhile, they have like 5 or 6 batters on the top 100 prospects list with 80 contact potential. what?

Wolfman21

seems like they ramped injuries up even more on 20. In august and 4/5 of my starting rotation have been lost with elbow injuries and 3/4 of my top prospect arms have been lost due to elbow/shoulder injuries. Big yikes.

Soonerfan09

Also, when are we moving to 20? We had planned to move near the all star break when the game went on sale. It’s near the all star break and the game is on sale.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I have a working version now. It does look like a buggy game though, as they have changed a lot of things under the hood by the sounds of things. I'm easy and ready to go on it but imagine that the game will be borky till OOTP 21.

Soonerfan09

I have a working version now. It does look like a buggy game though, as they have changed a lot of things under the hood by the sounds of things. I'm easy and ready to go on it but imagine that the game will be borky till OOTP 21.
What’s buggy?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
What’s buggy?

I haven't had long enough with it, but when I bought the game my download didn't even work (crashed before loading), which customer support were well aware of. They've since released a patched version which does work though this hardly bodes well. When I searched for a fix they have had to open a whole new sub forum for bug reports, which seems to be extremely active - http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=3961/

Last edited:

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
RP Adlan Mwamba hasn't played with a team since '75 and is still in FA... crazy

Wolfman21

fwiw, i'm loving 20 so far. They've revamped ratings, it seems. A fuck ton less guys with obscene ratings. Guys that are 55/55/60 are really good players which is more realistic. I felt like in 18, the last one i played, if you were any good you had to be like 70/60/60....which is silly. IRL, thats a #1 starter for any team in the league. On 18, everyone had a guy like that. Now, those guys are few and far between.

As for how 20 would affect an online league such as this, i have no idea...but i'm loving the stuff they've changed so far.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
It's likely just a visual change and the back end numbers haven't changed much, so it wouldn't technically change anything in our league

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
giphy.gif