• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2072 Off Season Thread

Wolfman21

also, if anyone needs a 2B, Phil Hewitt in my AAA is available. If anyone needs a DH, Vincent Ashton on my major league roster is available

chibob

I need a First Baseman? Is it me or are they just in generally short supply?

Also I noticed when I jumped on this morning that I had lot of mail which I can’t read. Any suggestions on this?

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable

Also I noticed when I jumped on this morning that I had lot of mail which I can’t read. Any suggestions on this?

You can just delete all those blank messages.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
1B are gonna be in short supply but it's sometimes because most players are listed at their best defensive position. One difference from FM is that players aren't listed with all their potential roles, so there may be some Third Basemen who can play 1st but aren't listed as such in the FA list. Any good infielder can pick up 1st Base no problem

Wolfman21

ill trade you masaaki endo on my squad if you'd like.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Don't accept any trades in your first year, and especially not any trades from the Asshole Topia league.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Istanbul. Also don't worry guys, if he ever decides to move the Casablanca Time, Buffalo will happily take over the team (of course, we'll be moving them to some small American town which shares the name, but)

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
@chibob

I'll send you this dude for Free.99

He's not starter quality at 1B, but he'll give you a backup at the position (which you'll also need) plus he's a good OF backup as well. I have kept him around in AAA for a few years as a "break glass in case of emergency" player that I promote when I get hit hard by injuries, but I don't think he'll even fit in that role for me anymore. He'd probably be a nice role player addition to your roster doe.

Wolfman21

@chibob

I'll send you this dude for Free.99

He's not starter quality at 1B, but he'll give you a backup at the position (which you'll also need) plus he's a good OF backup as well. I have kept him around in AAA for a few years as a "break glass in case of emergency" player that I promote when I get hit hard by injuries, but I don't think he'll even fit in that role for me anymore. He'd probably be a nice role player addition to your roster doe.

backup 1B?

lawd

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I'll take him if chibob doesn't. Could use some more rah rah guys in the locker room because 15 of them isn't enough

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'll take him if chibob doesn't. Could use some more rah rah guys in the locker room because 15 of them isn't enough

This is a one time welcome to the WBL offer, I'm not giving him to my former rival Beefalos, only to see him destroy me in some future world series as the new rigger slayer.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
That's probably a good call. North Dakota and Buffalo are touching each other geographically due to the size of the metropolitan areas, and Buffalo has lodged complaints about the Dyson Sphere blocking out the sun every afternoon from 4-6 EST!

Soonerfan09

[xtable=skin1|border:0|cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|172x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{th=colspan:2}PERSONALITY{/th}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Gesteiras has very little loyalty.{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}High: Greed{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Low: Leader, Loyalty{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
eWWW
25 HRs, .366 OBP, 4.3 WARS WON, and a gold glove.

S8ZSsTl.gif

Soonerfan09

Noriega? 2nd ovr pick for a bum and your late 2nd rounder? :turrible:

Edit: or are you tombout Jenkins?
Clearly we place a different value on both Gesteiras and a second round pick. Noriega and van de Laak can only play 2nd (or probably first), so I assume he will trade one of them away at some point. I asked about van de Laak first, but since his reasoning was only that he likes his own player, there was no reason not to ask about Noriega.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
That's 3 different slots they can fit in then. Plus he's better off keeping both then trading one for a similar age player once necessary

Soonerfan09

That's 3 different slots they can fit in then. Plus he's better off keeping both then trading one for a similar age player once necessary
Possibly, but Istanbul only missed the playoffs by 3 games last season and were middle of the road offensively. I know he let a few big names go, but I don't know if he's tanking or still trying to compete. Gesteiras would help with that. Like I said, I have a different value for what I'm offering (I certainly value it more than most of you probably do), which is why I never mind dealing publicly. I'm also willing to negotiate, that was just an opening offer.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Eh. With how much the Ottomans let go to FA, I would put Little Rock in the discussion for competing for the paloffs ahead of Istanbul. That farm system has a full starting staff and enough offensive firepower to keep em in games.
Was hoping to rebuild in a season or 2, but didn’t notice how much top-end pitchers the Miners have accumulated.

Soonerfan09

Eh. With how much the Ottomans let go to FA, I would put Little Rock in the discussion for competing for the paloffs ahead of Istanbul. That farm system has a full starting staff and enough offensive firepower to keep em in games.
Was hoping to rebuild in a season or 2, but didn’t notice how much top-end pitchers the Miners have accumulated.
I haven’t checked out LR, but you’re probably right. Just saw a trade opportunity. Guess I can state that I’m looking for prospects, possibly picks if anyone is looking to deal.

Schauwn

Guess I should look at my system...