• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2072 Off Season Thread

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
I think I filled my ballot :laughing: Just not voting for any HAVE players.

Leon Rivera with that stolen bases record deserves to make it, to me, especially with 2 decades of productive defense. He's the Art Monk of baseball, just so productive and solid for two decades. In his 19th season he still had 22 stolen bases and only got caught 4 times!

Leon was great for me, but he also has a sub-.250 career average. HOAG for sure.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Leon was great for me, but he also has a sub-.250 career average. HOAG for sure.

That's about like judging a closer by the fact that he doesn't have a lot of wins., lol. Why is hitting the only thing people care about? We are probably going to induct guys who are like the 30th-50th best hitters in WBL History soon and nobody will blink at that, but the BEST base runner isn't good enough?

He's the all time greatest player in the league at what he did best and he did it in spite of having a relatively low batting average (ie less steal opportunities). If that steals record doesn't get him into the Hall, then I won't vote for any of these bums. His other stats (50+ Career WARS won, all star selections, gold gloves etc) are good enough to make him a borderline candidate on their own, but he's unique in that he is the GOAT baserunner and that puts him over the top for sure. I think the next best stolen base guy in history (Pinky?) is like 250 back!

I'd rather see Rivera in the Hall than Pinky.

Wolfman21

That's about like judging a closer by the fact that he doesn't have a lot of wins., lol. Why is hitting the only thing people care about? We are probably going to induct guys who are like the 30th-50th best hitters in WBL History soon and nobody will blink at that.

He's the all time greatest player in the league at what he did best and he did it in spite of having a relatively low batting average (ie less steal opportunities). If that steals record doesn't get him into the Hall, then I won't vote for any of these bums. His other stats (50+ Career WARS won, all star selections, gold gloves etc) are good enough to make him a borderline candidate on their own, but he's unique in that he is the GOAT baserunner and that puts him over the top for sure. I think the next best stolen base guy in history (Pinky?) is like 250 back!

same reason a 10 time gold glove winner with 430+ homers can't get into the MLB HOF.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Due to the threat of violent danger, possible death, and bad shtick, the WBL Winter Meetings have been delayed. The former arrangements made in Kabul, Afghanistan, turned out to be too risky for our friend GMs. We have located a new host location and your invitations will go out this weekend.

Thank you for your patience, friend GMs.

Sincerely,
The WBL Winter Meetings Committee

Wolfman21

Due to the threat of violent danger, possible death, and bad shtick, the WBL Winter Meetings have been delayed. The former arrangements made in Kabul, Afghanistan, turned out to be too risky for our friend GMs. We have located a new host location and your invitations will go out this weekend.

Thank you for your patience, friend GMs.

Sincerely,
The WBL Winter Meetings Committee

Praise Allah. We don't do bukkake parties in the holy land

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
That's about like judging a closer by the fact that he doesn't have a lot of wins., lol. Why is hitting the only thing people care about? We are probably going to induct guys who are like the 30th-50th best hitters in WBL History soon and nobody will blink at that, but the BEST base runner isn't good enough?

I think he's definitely borderline, and had some really good seasons. He was berry berry good to me. That said, I'm going old-school baseball curmudgeon and won't give give him a first ballot vote.

Soonerfan09

Can’t remember if I voted for Leon or not. I voted for like 6 or 7 people though. If I didn’t vote for him this season, I’ll definitely vote for him next season. All-time SB leader has to be in.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Oh shit, Clodio finally died. Now Dillards is our owner and he said he's going to go get the best players but is an economizer and lowered my budget

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Check NML's posts in this thread. I don't know how much you know about baseball but right now we are in the arbitration period, so guys with more than 2.5 but less than 6 years of playing can be offered 1-year deals or released. If you have upcoming free agents you can check those in your finances tab (dollar sign in the bottom right corner) and offer them extensions if they are willing to come back.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
First couple years. It took me probably 4-5 seasons to learn not to trade with gator because it wasn't in my best interest
I still haven't learned not to trade with you but thankfully you don't come calling any more

chibob

So im going to read @NML post and make some changes, once I do, how do I make sure those changes are saved to the game? Or is it auto?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
In the same menu where you downloaded the new file, there's an option to export file via ftp. Do so then let me know and I'll check and make sure it went through

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
You're going to mess that up a few times, or your export won't take. Don't be a wolfman about it

chibob

In the same menu where you downloaded the new file, there's an option to export file via ftp. Do so then let me know and I'll check and make sure it went through

Released some players and then pressed upload. Let me know if it worked.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Checklist
1. Download latest league file.
2. Click download again (should say no updated file)
3. Make all ur changes
4. Upload file
5. Upload file
6. Upload file
7. Upload file
1,217. Upload file
1,218. Check the export website to see if ur export took. http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com/cgi-bin/ootpou.pl?page=export

Some say it is possible to skip steps 5 through 1,217... but I wouldn't want to chance it!

Soonerfan09

Checklist
1. Download latest league file.
2. Click download again (should say no updated file)
3. Make all ur changes
4. Upload file
5. Upload file
6. Upload file
7. Upload file
1,217. Upload file
1,218. Check the export website to see if ur export took. http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com/cgi-bin/ootpou.pl?page=export

Some say it is possible to skip steps 5 through 1,217... but I wouldn't want to chance it!
Is saving important or even necessary? I save like 3-5 times then export 3-5 times and have never had a problem.

jdlikewhoa

Saving has no bearing on anything unless you’re closing the game out and coming back to it later, or it crashes on you while you’re making changes or exporting.

Soonerfan09

I’m pretty sure the game auto-saves after every button I click, so it’s probably not even necessary when exiting the game. I’m gonna keep doing it though because it’s comforting and I’m 35% sure it was in the original checklist.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
the riggers now have a Hall of Goats player? Eww, makes me feel like a dirty have. Thankfully Pinky came home and threw his plaque into the Hell Mouth below the North Dakota Space Sport to show those grumpy old men what we think of their stupid hall of some of the goats.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Everyone's retired numbers page is neat. Lloyd wrote "RIP" on all the players he retired and "I love you" on Enquist's. Orlando put "LEADER. LEGEND. POLITICIAN" on Music Man's dedication.