• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2066 Season Thread

Wolfman21

welp, gettin 4 game swept by buffalo...fantastic. Prolly gonna be out of the top 4 after this sim against NDR and Fax.

Wooly

More importantly, we just completed the draft, and at one point we were on pace to finish it in three seasons.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
FAX is about to shatter the runs allowed record... lawd would love to see them in a 7-game series vs. early 40s Amsterdam teams. GOAT offense vs. GOAT pitching.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Lisbon a .5 game back (1 less win; 74v75) of Moscow for 4th in the NL. The Conqs also get to close out the season (14 games) from the comforts of home.

Wooly

I keep waiting for the rubber band, and it's not happening. Since the AS break the pitching and the whole team is just getting stronger. Last year FAX had an incredible second half and got to 107 wins. But this year the second half has been insane. We have been winning .800+ since the AS break. 14 in a row right now. Again, week after week, I keep thinking the rubber band is going to snap back and it doesn't.

I wonder if the more involved team chemistry algorithm is influencing it. Maybe if you get on an historic pace, everyone gets all excited and you get even better or something.

Then again, maybe I am setting up for the most epic first round exit in history. I want to be the 1927 Yankees, not the 2001 Mariners.

Wooly

They need 8 of 14. Doable for sure, but 4 @ BA shouldnt be easy. It may come down to the last series vs Borg.
I have not faired well against Borg. You have a similar park and lineup, and great pitching too. Doh and I would just trade home field advantages, but Borg has the same advantages.

I also have 4 against FB, so thats probably 3-4 wins, leaving me with needing 4-5 wins in 10 games against MIA, BA, and HEL. Crossing my fingers, but I sure think it happens.

kingssc

Lisbon a .5 game back (1 less win; 74v75) of Moscow for 4th in the NL. The Conqs also get to close out the season (14 games) from the comforts of home.
Yeah, started the season I think with something crazy like 56 of the first 81 on the road, hopefully will pay off down the stretch here. Should be fun.

doh

I wonder if the more involved team chemistry algorithm is influencing it. Maybe if you get on an historic pace, everyone gets all excited and you get even better or something.
I think it is too. I've had much more streaky teams in the last few years than ever before.

doh

All 5 SPs with FAX going to have 200+ Ks and 4 of them could get to 250 :laughing:

They're at 1462 Ks... I think that's a record since we took over already (top 3 are all pre-2038)

NML

Figured we were eliminated, then we go 6-0 and we are back in it. Definitely on the outside looking in with most of our games on the road, but we have three against BA and Kabul so who knows?

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I keep waiting for the rubber band, and it's not happening. Since the AS break the pitching and the whole team is just getting stronger. Last year FAX had an incredible second half and got to 107 wins. But this year the second half has been insane. We have been winning .800+ since the AS break. 14 in a row right now. Again, week after week, I keep thinking the rubber band is going to snap back and it doesn't.

Then again, maybe I am setting up for the most epic first round exit in history. I want to be the 1927 Yankees, not the 2001 Mariners.

Wants to be historic franchise and not Mariners. Takes over historic franchise and rebrands to maritime theme.

kingssc

Also have quite the race for 1-1 between Amsterdam, Dublin, and False Bay the next two sims.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Osick should be good for 4th with a 4 game series against FB coming up and 3 against LRM, UK have a tougher ask with 4 against NDR and 3 against Kabul (who likely have secured 3rd)

How big has Manchu Jianba been for Cairo? 2 runs in 12 appearances, including a win and a save. Helped separate them from the rest of the NL pack, weren't Cairo tied for 4th or thereabouts at the deadline? http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com//game/lgreports/players/player_9302.html

NML

Osick should be good for 4th with a 4 game series against FB coming up and 3 against LRM, UK have a tougher ask with 4 against NDR and 3 against Kabul (who likely have secured 3rd)

Considering we were in 8th around the all star break, I'll take it. I think we have the fourth best record in the league since the ASB? Since adding Brown and Grimes we've been good. We only lose two contributors, and I'm hopeful to bring them back, and most of the bats are entering their prime. Even having a shot entering the last sim is cool.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
riggers are playing all the babbies and just got swept by Buffalo, so we're trying to enter the playoffs with the rubberband stretched in the opposite direction as Wooly.

doh

3-way battle in the final sim for the batting title... Creswell vs. Kark vs. LoRod

Also intersting-- just six teams with a positive run difference. Halifax dominance has something to do with that plus two of those negative teams can turn it around last sim.