• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2063 Season Thread

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
I just looked closer at that guy- did he bring his plunger with him from the independent league, or will @doh have to provide him with one?

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Two points
1. @Yankee151 did the same thing a few years ago.
2. He showed up 8/23/17 according to my scout.

I've had players before that showed up just to me who were Indy. It's part of your scouting budget.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I think it would've been fine if he signed him before the playoffs, or maybe even during the playoffs. I don't think it's okay to sign him when he did. But I'm not sure.

lol at the VERY HIGH greed GOAT taking a AAAA contract
Only @doh knows when he offered the contract though. That's the main problem. Maybe he offered him a while ago and he got no other offers and that's why he signed. I only check everyone's pending offers screens for the one sim. It's unrealistic for me to do otherwise.

doh

Only @doh knows when he offered the contract though. That's the main problem. Maybe he offered him a while ago and he got no other offers and that's why he signed. I only check everyone's pending offers screens for the one sim. It's unrealistic for me to do otherwise.
I offered him mid playoffs. I'm fairly sure he's an Indy that showed up for me first. It happens in the game when you put money into your "amateur" scouting budget.

doh

I think it should not be legal.
On the basis of what? My scout saw him first because of my amateur scouting budget. When I first saw him, OSA had no ratings for him which is the give away of only I can see him or his ratings (happens with auto IFAs all the time).

I got him because I put money into my amateur scouting budget. This happens in the game.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I offered him mid playoffs. I'm fairly sure he's an Indy that showed up for me first. It happens in the game when you put money into your "amateur" scouting budget.
I've never heard of this before. Do you get an email?

Soonerfan09

On the basis of what? My scout saw him first because of my amateur scouting budget. When I first saw him, OSA had no ratings for him which is the give away of only I can see him or his ratings (happens with auto IFAs all the time).

I got him because I put money into my amateur scouting budget. This happens in the game.

I don't know anything about all that. I'm talking about signing players once the offseason begins, but before FA. I don't think that should be allowed and was under the impression it wasn't. I saw that guy a sim or two ago, but didn't offer because I thought we weren't allowed to.

If you offered him during the playoffs....well, I don't know how that should work.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
As far as I know (unless it's a new feature), that has nothing to do with your scouting budget. These guys just show up in the FA pool after their "season" ends.

doh

No. I had a 2B years ago too who could field and not hit.

If you look at the scouting budget, it implicitly says your scout will discover Indy and IFA guys. According to my scout, he arrived 8/23/63... not sure if others see the same.

doh

As far as I know (unless it's a new feature), that has nothing to do with your scouting budget. These guys just show up in the FA pool after their "season" ends.
Read the scouting page above how you spend your money. It specifically says something about players like this.

Soonerfan09

If you look at the scouting budget, it implicitly says your scout will discover Indy and IFA guys. According to my scout, he arrived 8/23/63... not sure if others see the same.

Yeah, it says that on his BNN page.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yeah his history says that's when he showed up. Sure would be nice if you got an alert for that like IFA.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Read the scouting page above how you spend your money. It specifically says something about players like this.
If you get another one let me know so I can see if other teams can see him.

doh

I'm under the impression that only my scout first saw him because when I looked up his OSA ratings, it just wouldn't let me.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.

I never saw him in the FA pool. Really curious if some guys don't show up if that part of your budget is $0.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable

I think they show up in FA for everyone, regardless of budget. They just may not be scouted unless you have enough budget assigned to that, so when you are sorting through the available players they wouldn't show up.

doh

I never saw him in the FA pool. Really curious if some guys don't show up if that part of your budget is $0.
I think it's more if you put money into that part, players will show up vs. if you put $0 they just don't show up. But I had a 2B all glove guy I think I sold to you for $500,000 (or got a 6th rounder back) who was the same.

TonyGin&Juice

I think they show up in FA for everyone, regardless of budget. They just may not be scouted unless you have enough budget assigned to that, so when you are sorting through the available players they wouldn't show up.

Can you explain what you mean here? If they're in the FA pool why wouldn't you see them when you do a search?

TonyGin&Juice

I think it's more if you put money into that part, players will show up vs. if you put $0 they just don't show up. But I had a 2B all glove guy I think I sold to you for $500,000 (or got a 6th rounder back) who was the same.

Yeah, Tim Hughes. But I saw him in the pool before you signed him, this guy I never saw when I'd run a search.

NML

Can you explain what you mean here? If they're in the FA pool why wouldn't you see them when you do a search?

You'd have to search for them by name, because ur scout and OSA wouldn't have any ratings on them (since they haven't scouted them). Or look up players in some way other than ratings/stats.

doh

I'm not sure either way--- I just know when I saw him he had no OSA ratings which is the same for those auto IFAs that show up. I don't know what that means in the game specifically but just what I observed.

TonyGin&Juice

You'd have to search for them by name, because ur scout and OSA wouldn't have any ratings on them (since they haven't scouted them). Or look up players in some way other than ratings/stats.

Ah, that makes total sense. I assume that's also why some of the BUMS my scout finds in Nicaraguan only have his scouting ratings until a couple of sims when OSA declares them a "pink turd".

doh

Yeah, Tim Hughes. But I saw him in the pool before you signed him, this guy I never saw when I'd run a search.
He's still in your org? :laughing:

I forgot about him.

I offered deal right before WS (asked Lando to take my sim for sure too via PM). But I didn't export my whole series in LCS + didn't check FA since I signed Carrier in an attempt to potentially make him a PH in early September so I'm not sure how long he was in my FA.

doh

Ok. So is that a no? :laughing:
Yeah... I'm assuming if OSA doesn't have ratings for someone, your scout "discovered" him vs. the rest of the league? Because that's the way for the scouted IFAs that automatically show up.

TonyGin&Juice

He's still in your org? :laughing:

I forgot about him.

I offered deal right before WS (asked Lando to take my sim for sure too via PM). But I didn't export my whole series in LCS + didn't check FA since I signed Carrier in an attempt to potentially make him a PH in early September so I'm not sure how long he was in my FA.

He and few other independent league SCABS are wasting their lives in Kansas City. I think he took another minor league deal with me to ride the pine.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yeah... I'm assuming if OSA doesn't have ratings for someone, your scout "discovered" him vs. the rest of the league? Because that's the way for the scouted IFAs that automatically show up.
Ok, but can you let me know next time you see one?

doh

One other thing: these players used to show up in all caps to me a few versions ago. There also could be Indy players your scout discovers that you never see because they're so low in star ratings they just don't show up. I usually check FA by starRrRrz every other sim or so because sometimes people release guys in their systems for whatever reason my scout likes. I got a few over the years including 2044 ALL-STAR ANDL EBUSUUD.

But in the game specifically it says that the level of your budget "will influence the quality of players discovered by your scout both in the national independent and international leagues".

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
One other thing: these players used to show up in all caps to me a few versions ago. There also could be Indy players your scout discovers that you never see because they're so low in star ratings they just don't show up. I usually check FA by starRrRrz every other sim or so because sometimes people release guys in their systems for whatever reason my scout likes. I got a few over the years including 2044 ALL-STAR ANDL EBUSUUD.

But in the game specifically it says that the level of your budget "will influence the quality of players discovered by your scout both in the national independent and international leagues".
That means they were automatically shortlisted which would make sense I suppose. Kind of a notification.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
I'm under the impression that only my scout first saw him because when I looked up his OSA ratings, it just wouldn't let me.

OSA only releases ratings at the beginning of the year. Hence the lack of any rating.

doh

OSA only releases ratings at the beginning of the year. Hence the lack of any rating.

giphy.gif

Check out auto IFA "Hua wu" in my complex. Discovered 10/23/63 and has OSA rating.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
We only keep one OSA rating a year. OSA scouts constantly and scouts spawned players after a few weeks.

Reactions: doh

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Check out auto IFA "Hua wu" in my complex. Discovered 10/23/63 and has OSA rating.

Last OSA update was 11/03/63. So ur right that it's not done once per year, but incrementally throughout the year. Idk the exact dates though. Best guess is 1/1, 7/1 and after the WS/Start of the offseason?

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
From a reddit thread on the subject roughly a year ago:
If you aren't simming any independent leagues then a new batch(6, by default) just shows up in the free agent pool every year, the same as international established free agents. You don't get an email about it the way you do with internationals.
When free agents file, right after arbitration hearings. They'll show up with the rest of the FAs if you're just searching by need. They are rarely any good, but, like international established FAs, you can get them really cheap if you do find a good one.

And from the horse's mouth; Markus:
He is hidden from the free agents for 2 weeks so that other teams cannot sign them, as this was your discovery.

doh

My HoG Balllot--

Linus -- how's the guy who retired all-time hits leader not in the HoG?
Bump -- 2nd all-time in HRs and led the league in HRs 8x.
Robles -- Career .325 hitter with over 500 HR? Enough for me.
Roddis -- One of the best catchers in league history. 8x All-Star and key player on 3 Ships.
Icebox -- Almost 600 HRs.. led league in HR at 38.
Wong-- All-time leader in C WAR.
Scotty-- Saw I had all position players in so he's the best pitcher of the bunch.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Karpetbomber is auto-HOG. next time I'm asked to sim I'm just putting him in

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yeah Karpet might be more deserving than Naz. Naz had some incredible runs though and was useful even at like 40.