• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2063 Season Thread

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Can one of the Os give me a scout? My guy quit. Send me someone that doesn't think every pitcher is a bum.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'm torn on a player like Plug. I think his high end might be too good for HOAG status? A 6 War season, seems borderline GOAT? Then again, a solid run of 0.5 WAR seasons for the next few years could change my mind! Fred Smith was kind of similar in that he looked like he was going to be a 5 WAR per season GOAT for a bit there, but ultimately ended up looking like an amazing HOAG candidate for the rest of his career. If Plug can put up a string of 0.5-2 WAR seasons here, he'll be in the conversation!

To me, Julio Manuel is going to be one of the best HOAG candidates that we've ever seen. Look at that consistency for NDR, so many years right around that 3 WAR mark. Only one season over 4 WARS and only one injury season under 1 WAR (other than the last couple of years when UK/DAM tried to use his shriveled corpse as a 4th OF).

TonyGin&Juice

I'm torn on a player like Plug. I think his high end might be too good for HOAG status? A 6 War season, seems borderline GOAT? Then again, a solid run of 0.5 WAR seasons for the next few years could change my mind! Fred Smith was kind of similar in that he looked like he was going to be a 5 WAR per season GOAT for a bit there, but ultimately ended up looking like an amazing HOAG candidate for the rest of his career. If Plug can put up a string of 0.5-2 WAR seasons here, he'll be in the conversation!

To me, Julio Manuel is going to be one of the best HOAG candidates that we've ever seen. Look at that consistency for NDR, so many years right around that 3 WAR mark. Only one season over 4 WARS and only one injury season under 1 WAR (other than the last couple of years when UK/DAM tried to use his shriveled corpse as a 4th OF).

If Ploeg can stay healthy he can be a 2 WAR player for the rest of his bloated contract. The issue there is I don't think he'll ever be healthy again, which is a shame because he's a great contributor when healthy, that's just not often. He is a DH now and the fan like him and he is our Mr. October but he's about to head to a DH platoon if I can find a LH DH that's not made out of glass.

osick87

Community Liaison
I've accepted that Garce is likely not going to the Hall. Guy was an accumulator and it's been nearly 18 months real life time since he was his best. Damn those first 10 seasons were good.

He will have #40 retired. Unless I forget, which is very likely to happen.

osick87

Community Liaison
I also didn't bring Garce up a lot which also probably plays a factor in voting process.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I'm not sure; but even if that's legal I love the hypdohcracy to seriously say that a 40 million contract to Pendragon is going to RUIN THE LEAGUE and then go get some shadow realm IFA GOAT for $800,000.

@doh is the worst.

NML

Wow, never saw him.

I think it would've been a legal signing if he had snagged him right when we entered the league, but I don't know about it since it happened during arbitration.

NML

I think it would've been fine if he signed him before the playoffs, or maybe even during the playoffs. I don't think it's okay to sign him when he did. But I'm not sure.

lol at the VERY HIGH greed GOAT taking a AAAA contract

NML

By the way, it's so unfair that doh doesn't get a bye to the division championship

TonyGin&Juice

We've had those guys before, he joined the FA pool mid-season. He's not someone who has just been released.

He wasn't out there in the FA pool the sim before the playoffs started. Trust me, I was looking for arms and I would have thrown him to the WBL wolves if he were available.

Not hating on my PTP @doh but I find the timing really odd.

jdlikewhoa

I think Jankee has signed players like that during this sim time period every season and it always stands. Good job being that guy this year @doh

Reactions: doh

TonyGin&Juice

I think Jankee has signed players like that during this sim time period every season and it always stands. Good job being that guy this year @doh

I hate to correct my BFF but after that happened last time we agreed to void them. I actually thought the game was supposed to not allow signings but this one got through.