• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2056-2057 Winter Meetings in Buffalo, NY! LOGOS IN FIRST POST

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
someone is offering an opt out right before a team option?

Is that your attempt to do a mutual option or something? Can't wait to see what this does to the indydev AI.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Also several people are probably not taking the time to math buyouts based on what players are countering with. If you don't offer 40% of the final year it becomes guaranteed and I will call you lazypants out on it.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Also several people are probably not taking the time to math buyouts based on what players are countering with. If you don't offer 40% of the final year it becomes guaranteed and I will call you lazypants out on it.
Rad = wolfman

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison

but why 40% doe? Only 40% limit is not increasing the option year by more than 40% over the highest guarantee year on >15M right? (which is dumb anyway, but whatev)

Edit I had that backwards, but you still reading it wrong. 40% increase max on <15M

Last edited:

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Rad = wolfman

I'm tired of free agent negotiations when people are line stepping constantly. It's a headache. Just offer more money if you want the player. Stop trying to screw your fellow Spacetopians to save $700,000 of fake money or to sign some 34 year old lefty with a 5 FIP.

Orlando had the only actual legal / non-shitty offer I saw this morning.

Schauwn

I'm tired of free agent negotiations when people are line stepping constantly. It's a headache. Just offer more money if you want the player. Stop trying to screw your fellow Spacetopians to save $700,000 of fake money or to sign some 34 year old lefty with a 5 FIP.

How do you even look at what other players have offered? I thought the player just says who has the best offer right now?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Rad still wrong doe. The buyout is supposed to be 20% of the OPTION year salary, not of the HIGHEST year salary.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

And I hate speculation based on what you see in a player's response to your offer.

Lloyd Carr

I really hope this contract offering issue fixes itself by 2058. I can only offer $490K per contract, and on top of that, I can only offer 1-year contracts.

Lloyd Carr

Maybe my owner just really hates me and I'm on a short leash, so he won't let me spend the big money or lock guys up for longer since he plans to release me at the end of the season.

rip lloyd

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
I really hope this contract offering issue fixes itself by 2058. I can only offer $490K per contract, and on top of that, I can only offer 1-year contracts.

Isn't the issue here that you're out of money because your budget dropped significantly? That's not going to fix itself and it's only going to get worse for you if you tank (or are truly awful) this season. No one else has had that issue other than you and given I just bid up a bunch of the IFAs you wanted it's only going to get worse.

I did have something interesting happen last night when I offered a four year (2+2TO) deal to a guy along with about $1M in incentives. Because the base contract was only $1M you can't have incentives that equal that in 17. Not sure if this was possible in 16 (I never tried it) but it was a nice "you cheap bastard, don't do this dumb shit" reminder to pay attention to the contract structuring, specifically bonuses.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Isn't the issue here that you're out of money because your budget dropped significantly? That's not going to fix itself and it's only going to get worse for you if you tank (or are truly awful) this season. No one else has had that issue other than you and given I just bid up a bunch of the IFAs you wanted it's only going to get worse.

I did have something interesting happen last night when I offered a four year (2+2TO) deal to a guy along with about $1M in incentives. Because the base contract was only $1M you can't have incentives that equal that in 17. Not sure if this was possible in 16 (I never tried it) but it was a nice "you cheap bastard, don't do this dumb shit" reminder to pay attention to the contract structuring, specifically bonuses.
That's always been a thing.

Ugh, double team options.

Lloyd Carr

My budget may have dropped $20M, but I still have the 11th highest budget in the league at $134M.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
That's always been a thing.

Ugh, double team options.

That's what the player wanted before we had to redo everything so I went with it again. It's no secret who this guy is (one of the many international FA that showed up in the FA pool) so I'm hedging my bets if he sucks I don't have to waste my piddly budget on a guy riding the pine and if he's good I've got him for another two years. Not all of us can offer Redbeard $20M AAV or sign Bish to $50M contracts like you dirty HAVES so you have to get creative.

By the way, @OU11 why didn't you process the Ploeg extension when you redid things? Now he wants almost $1M a year, which is fine, but I thought you had processed those when you did all of the pending FAs and IFAs.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
That's what the player wanted before we had to redo everything so I went with it again. It's no secret who this guy is (one of the many international FA that showed up in the FA pool) so I'm hedging my bets if he sucks I don't have to waste my piddly budget on a guy riding the pine and if he's good I've got him for another two years. Not all of us can offer Redbeard $20M AAV or sign Bish to $50M contracts like you dirty HAVES so you have to get creative.

By the way, @OU11 why didn't you process the Ploeg extension when you redid things? Now he wants almost $1M a year, which is fine, but I thought you had processed those when you did all of the pending FAs and IFAs.

You should probably just quit on him, btw. I still got 20M+ to burn.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

He only wanted a double TO because Tavaris gave him one.