• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2056-2057 Winter Meetings in Buffalo, NY! LOGOS IN FIRST POST

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
It looks like the double counting issue is still going on for wooly to me, but Wooly can you please double check to make sure the 7M in IFA offers is indeed ALL you currently have out there before trying to add an additional 1M offer? I can't figure out where the "13M in current offers including tax" number comes from unless it is double taxing the 7M. Just post a pic of ur pending offers screen.

(btw your 10M in current IFA signed/offered should result in 16M IFA liability, not 13M)

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
one last thought... and I know we already dismissed this as "shouldn't be happening" but does your owner have any end of the year balance goals for you in the team goals screen? If that goal happened to be around 10M or so, it might make sense.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
It looks like the double counting issue is still going on for wooly to me, but Wooly can you please double check to make sure the 7M in IFA offers is indeed ALL you currently have out there before trying to add an additional 1M offer? I can't figure out where the "13M in current offers including tax" number comes from unless it is double taxing the 7M. Just post a pic of ur pending offers screen.

(btw your 10M in current IFA signed/offered should result in 16M IFA liability, not 13M)

he signed a 3m IFA contract already, so that's why. 3+6+999,999+950,000.

I simmed ahead and moving the draft up fixes all the weird draft budget issues, I really think that is what is causing most of this. I think it is adding this year's draft budget into the mix without putting it in the budget. I think maybe the draft just was a little too late this year, maybe we finished the playoffs a bit earlier than normal or something.

Either way I think all of this irons out after this season if everyone can just put their ball gags in for this one off-season and get through it.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
one last thought... and I know we already dismissed this as "shouldn't be happening" but does your owner have any end of the year balance goals for you in the team goals screen? If that goal happened to be around 10M or so, it might make sense.
Owner controlled budgets are turned off. I double checked last night.

Lloyd Carr

I think maybe the draft just was a little too late this year, maybe we finished the playoffs a bit earlier than normal or something.

We did finish the playoffs before the draft ended this year.

We simmed after the playoffs while the draft was still going, and I remember there being options inside the ootp client when I downloaded the file to start the draft and chance slot demands (things I hadn't seen before).

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
We did finish the playoffs before the draft ended this year.

We simmed after the playoffs while the draft was still going, and I remember there being options inside the ootp client when I downloaded the file to start the draft and chance slot demands (things I hadn't seen before).
We do this every year tho.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
yeah this is definitely all my fault, I should have known better than to put the draft that late. We had something similar happen when it was too early too so I'm just an idiot

Wooly

he signed a 3m IFA contract already, so that's why. 3+6+999,999+950,000.

I simmed ahead and moving the draft up fixes all the weird draft budget issues, I really think that is what is causing most of this. I think it is adding this year's draft budget into the mix without putting it in the budget. I think maybe the draft just was a little too late this year, maybe we finished the playoffs a bit earlier than normal or something.

Either way I think all of this irons out after this season if everyone can just put their ball gags in for this one off-season and get through it.
I sure hope so, but draft budgets don't seem like enough to account for it either. My draft budget was like 3-4m, and I have 13m I can't spend. I don't know, but I know I can plan anymore. I have no idea what I can spend or not.

Wooly

I have two IFA offer, no other offers, that is for sure ;)

jdlikewhoa

I sure hope so, but draft budgets don't seem like enough to account for it either. My draft budget was like 3-4m, and I have 13m I can't spend. I don't know, but I know I can plan anymore. I have no idea what I can spend or not.

I'm a pessimist and think the draft being fixed won't clear this up. I think the O's are just tired of dealing with this.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator

I'm saying your draft budget is higher than that, it is not showing up that way though. Something happened with the draft, when I simmed forward (moving the draft up in the process so that it is during the season) everyone was right as rain next preseason. Just gotta deal with this one, it happens.

Wooly

I'm saying your draft budget is higher than that, it is not showing up that way though. Something happened with the draft, when I simmed forward (moving the draft up in the process so that it is during the season) everyone was right as rain next preseason. Just gotta deal with this one, it happens.
Cool. Thanks for all your work on it.

Lloyd Carr

Speaking of turds, boy did Buffalo really shit the bed as far as hosting the 2056-2057 winter meetings. Finally have a chance to show off what a wonderful place Buffalo is (lol), and what happens? The league almost comes to an end.

posMA9u.gif

Lloyd Carr

I really ought to have used this one:

pArf9Ev.gif

I don't think we'll be having meetings in Buffalo again after the way this off-season played out.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
So I was following my checklist and when I looked at the site to check for exports everyone is listed as "no export." I assume this is just because we've got a new file or whatev, but I exported so if it doesn't show up plz let me know.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
So I was following my checklist and when I looked at the site to check for exports everyone is listed as "no export." I assume this is just because we've got a new file or whatev, but I exported so if it doesn't show up plz let me know.
I havent uploaded new csvs so i think that may be why

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Can we hold off the sim for a little while. I don't think any of my outbound Internet traffic actually went out today (long story) so there's not an export for me and if there is it's wrong. I'm leaving Target Field now and should be home in an hour.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
not sure what to do about Horsely, I'd have to put him in FA. I can't send him back to IFA. I'm not even sure how that happened.