• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2056-2057 Winter Meetings in Buffalo, NY! LOGOS IN FIRST POST

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I think you think too much.
He missed the 3 real life years where i raged because everyone messed up all of the time and just said "oops, my b i forgot a 0 again. Go ahead and tack that on for me kthx". When he has kids he'll understand.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I've known about that TO+PO thing for a long time because it's outlawed in a ton of league on the OOTP boards. It's the most slimy thing you could do IMO. We have never had anyone do it until now. Just don't.

Wooly already an odd cat with a bunch of double standards. Try to have some fun.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Alright, this is getting strange. The new file loads but won't download the latest sim (it has it as 2/2/2057), which is also happening in my other online league. This could just be a Linux issue but I was curious if anyone else has experienced this.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Man the market is fuckin nuts today. I thought i lost a couple hundo writing those posts and then it dropped 25 cents in a few seconds. Indydevs taking over the futures market.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Alright, this is getting strange. The new file loads but won't download the latest sim (it has it as 2/2/2057), which is also happening in my other online league. This could just be a Linux issue but I was curious if anyone else has experienced this.
If there is a specific format i need to give to you let me know. I've never dealt with lennox lewis before

Lloyd Carr

Yeah the test sims were the real deal sorry
KBNcZ.gif

Lloyd Carr

Do I need to make a new folder in my saved_games, or do I just download the new file from the test sim saved_game folder I made?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Do I need to make a new folder in my saved_games, or do I just download the new file from the test sim saved_game folder I made?
Did you read the directions? I was tired but i thought i did a good jerb of making it clear

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
If anyone needs a borderline WBL corner outfielder, I've got a bunch of them on my AAA team and I'd like to move at least one of them. PM if interested, they've all got RH splits that would play well and two of them can actually play a little defense. My scout also has Davidse at 50 range so have ur scout look and see if they agree that he's higher than OSA's 40 range projection because his fielding stats aren't bad either.

Thomas Nix
Francisco Pérez
Cedric Davidse

jdlikewhoa

If anyone needs a borderline WBL corner outfielder, I've got a bunch of them on my AAA team and I'd like to move at least one of them. PM if interested, they've all got RH splits that would play well and two of them can actually play a little defense. My scout also has Davidse at 50 range so have ur scout look and see if they agree that he's higher than OSA's 40 range projection because his fielding stats aren't bad either.

Thomas Nix
Francisco Pérez
Cedric Davidse
But why when someone can pay Worm $5m/year

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
But one of them IS even a corner outfielder! One is a kinda a corner outfielder and the other is a not even a corner outfielder.

Schauwn

Rules question:

Player I'm offering on is requesting a PO. Is it slimy to put a TO after the PO, or is it just slimy when the PO is after the TO?

Lloyd Carr

Last night during the test I was able to use up virtually all of my available money (got it down to $600,000 before I stopped caring). But now I'm at $5.5M and it won't let me go lower.

Lloyd Carr

I can offer $490,000 contracts but not $492,000

Could my owner be refusing more than $490,000 because I don't have a full 25-man? (even though math would indicate I can fill my 25-man by offering up to like $650,000 per player and still not use all my stated FA money).

Edit: Yeah, I am definitely capped at $490,000 per player now. Can't even do $490,001.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I can offer $490,000 contracts but not $492,000

Could my owner be refusing more than $490,000 because I don't have a full 25-man? (even though math would indicate I can fill my 25-man by offering up to like $650,000 per player and still not use all my stated FA money).

Edit: Yeah, I am definitely capped at $490,000 per player now. Can't even do $490,001.
Yes, 490k is the minimum

Wooly

Also if you are wondering why you may be losing out on spending your last 6m or whatever, Orlando told me to look at the draft budget. Here is mine, I'm not sure what the deal is on this one, but luckily I doubt it's something that will break the league. I'll check the settings
Q09ysFI.png
I don't know. I installed the new file, downloaded the newest sim to 2/20/57, and I still get the owner message not letting me make more offers while it appears that I still have 11.4 million to spend. I am trying to offer Gomez 950K in IFA, and when I submit, it says I don't have enough money.

All of the expenses are accounted for I think, including IFA tax. All I have signed at IFA before this is 3m, and I have 7m pending with two other offers, then this @1m offer on top. All of the expenses add up in the pic below, and I should have 11.4 left, but I can't offer more. What am I missing? Anyone else still have this problem?

bDmEIxV.png

If you want to see my budget, here it is. Nothing jumps out at me as explaining why I can't spend the last 11m that I should have.
mssLVgj.png

Yes, I am at 25/25 on active roster too.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I don't know. I installed the new file, downloaded the newest sim to 2/20/57, and I still get the owner message not letting me make more offers while it appears that I still have 11.4 million to spend. I am trying to offer Gomez 950K in IFA, and when I submit, it says I don't have enough money.

All of the expenses are accounted for I think, including IFA tax. All I have signed at IFA before this is 3m, and I have 7m pending with two other offers, then this @1m offer on top. All of the expenses add up in the pic below, and I should have 11.4 left, but I can't offer more. What am I missing? Anyone else still have this problem?

bDmEIxV.png

If you want to see my budget, here it is. Nothing jumps out at me as explaining why I can't spend the last 11m that I should have.
mssLVgj.png
If someone hasnt got it before, ill check it out when i get home. You could be rebuilding or something. Iirc the draft goes 6.5,9,11.5 for budget depending on build mode.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Actually the draft is that way because we already had the thing. So idk actually if that is it. Should technically be over

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison

bDmEIxV.png

mssLVgj.png

Yes, I am at 25/25 on active roster too.

Wooly, I can't tell everything from these screenshots because I'd need to see all the offers you currently have out, but my theory is the maths shown on the team financial page are not as "intuitive" as one might believe, which is why I track all this stuff separately from the beginning of the FA period so I don't get confused. How many normal FA offers do you have out there right now (looks like 13M?)

Start with Proj Budget room + Cash = 26.3M Available

It says you have 13M in offered contracts (for normal free agents?) 26.3-13M = 13.3M which matches what it says you have available. Now if ur IFA offer went through it would be 17.9M total IFA spending leaving you with -4.6M which is why ur owner is denying it.

Or if you want to look at it another way, "Money left for FA if signed" would be 11.4M and you already have 13M in offers out.

Now why 11.4-13M = -1.6 M
vs
26.3 - 13 -1 17.9 = -4.6 M I admittedly don't understand. Either way, if you made that offer it looks like you'd be over budget.

Last edited:

Schauwn

Rules question:

Player I'm offering on is requesting a PO. Is it slimy to put a TO after the PO, or is it just slimy when the PO is after the TO?

Actually, this is a Player Opt-out clause. Which I dont know if we've had these before...

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Wooly, I can't tell everything from these screenshots because I'd need to see all the offers you currently have out, but my theory is the maths shown on the team financial page are not as "intuitive" as one might believe, which is why I track all this stuff separately from the beginning of the FA period so I don't get confused. How many normal FA offers do you have out there right now (looks like 13M?)

It says you have 13M in offered contracts (for normal free agents?) 26.3-13M = 13.3M which matches what it says you have available. Now if ur IFA offer went through it would be 17.9M total IFA spending leaving you with -4.6M which is why ur owner is denying it.

Or if you want to look at it another way, "Money left for FA if signed" would be 11.4M and you already have 13M in offers out.

vs
26.3 - 13 -1 17.9 = -4.6 M I admittedly don't understand. Either way, if you made that offer it looks like you'd be over budget.

So orlando thinks I'm dumb, but I think I'm brilliant. What do you think about this, our draft is kind of a purgatory draft. it's for this season but it's kind of after the season. It looks as if expenses are put into this season on 17 but on 16 they're attributed to the previous season. What I'm thinking happened is for one season this is showing just last years' draft expenses but it really is adding them to the budget for this upcoming draft limiting money without showing it.

I'll hang up and listen off air.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Jumping back on air to say we are moving it up into this season, I'll give each person 10M in cash when I sim tonight due to the possibility of this effing things up. I'm about to run a season to test if moving the draft up does the same kind of thing next preseason before we waste our time too.

Wooly

vs

Check this out Travis.

I have no FA offers out right now. The only thing I have out right now is two IFAs, totaling 7m. Since I already signed one IFA at 3m earlier, my possible IFA tax with my current offers would be 6m. In my Team Financial Info screen (in the process of offering an IFA) it shows I have a total Offered Contracts of 13m right now, including tax. That does not include any FA, because I do not have any FA offers out right now. That 13m is just the two IFAs, 7m in contract values, and 6 in tax.

Previous IFA signing: 3m
Current IFAs offered: 7m
Current IFA tax liability: 6m (7m offered+3m already signed= 10m IFA spent and then 10m spent-4m cap=6m tax)
TOTAL IFA liability right now= 13m

Money to spend right now: 26m
Should have 13m or so left to spend right now!

I was trying to make a 1m offer to an IFA, which would bring another 1m in tax. 2m total proposition out of 13m left to spend right now brings the total available to 11m, if I make this offer. That is what you see on the screen, 11.4m to spend, even after I sign this guy.

This has to be a math or settings issue. It's either not calculating something right, not showing the budgets right, or there is some setting not allowing us to offer all of the money we think we can.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Here comes the helicopter money

watch out folks!

I actually think it'd be given out before the draft like last time, I'm going to see if it's needed with a test first and ask Orlando and Osi if he wants to. I think given the circumstances it may be needed though