• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2050 WBL Draft Thread

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Nice pick, I can't wait to bring Drowning Rat to the riggers when you're done with him. 50/55/70 pitcher ratings are just what I'm tombout for the Anti-Thunder Dome

osick87

Community Liaison
Did I miss where we banned Comp picks or did I actually sign my 2nd rounder? I can't remember.

Edit:

[xtable=skin1|cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|568x306]
{thead}
{tr}
{th}Friday, December 10th, 2049{/th}
{/tr}
{/thead}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Signed international amateur SP Roberto Colón out of Costa Rica to a minor league contract.{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Failed to sign 2nd round draft pick Randall Miller.{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Failed to sign 3rd round draft pick Eddie Wedge.{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Failed to sign 10th round draft pick Mike Montgomery.{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Failed to sign 14th round draft pick Howard Smiley.{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

osick87

Community Liaison
Oh Okay.

I sort of skimmed a bit one time and thought we weren't comping picks traded for.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I thought it was all in the first, only team pick comps in the second, none in the third. Doesn't matter to me though. I deleted all of mine anyway.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'm shocked Stone got drafted that early, OSA hates him and the website had him even lower (40 contact, WAT?). I was going to pick him with my 2nd rounder. My scout also liked his bat more and he's got the defensive ratings to be an 8 position utility player :laughing:

ZackMills

Have mercy
I'm shocked Stone got drafted that early, OSA hates him and the website had him even lower (40 contact, WAT?). I was going to pick him with my 2nd rounder. My scout also liked his bat more and he's got the defensive ratings to be an 8 position utility player :laughing:

Stone was one of the three players my scout called a future star (I drafted the other two). But then he also said he'd be a 0.220 hitter so... :laughing:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Definitely don't read your scout's actual opinion of these players. I looked at his rating of Karshev who he had as the highest rated prospect, and he was just talking shit about him in the actual description. BORDERINE WBL PLAYER AS A SUB IF UR LUCKY.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable

My scout has him as the third best contact hitter in the draft, but lawd is his eye terrible. Those defensive ratings, though- he'll be decent or better at every spot other than catcher.

Gooksta

Definitely don't read your scout's actual opinion of these players. I looked at his rating of Karshev who he had as the highest rated prospect, and he was just talking shit about him in the actual description. BORDERINE WBL PLAYER AS A SUB IF UR LUCKY.
My scout loves Brady Thompson on KW, but Bin Nazeeh is maybe an ever day player. Their practically identical!!

bruin228

NCAA Moderator

Yeah, I got some email the other day about how my scout was excited about some guy he found in Chile or something. Oh shit, my scout's actually excited about someone? Click the player and read the summary: "No future in big leagues."

Confused-Leach.gif

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By

Karshev is borderline.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Nice pick for @bruin228 and @bruin. Geldart was the dude I tried and failed to sign at #9 last year. He's got a good defensive skill set to play RF and LF (already listed at 70 position rating) well and even though he doesn't have a power bat, he's got really nice combination of a good OBP bat with good running ratings (70/70/75). I think that gives him a decent WBL role player floor even if he only improves to his currently listed potential.

Play him at RF and even CF a bunch in the minors (55 range is low for CF starter but he'd still hit replacement levels) and he should be a great 4th outfielder or better. Plus he's already so far along in dev that he'll probably be ready for a 2052 call up if necessary.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
@doh

You motherfuckers are so slow. I propose a 2 hour shot clock next year during the daylight hours. I even made a spreadsheet so you can look at the OSA ratings when you are away from the game.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
I'm lol'ing at the same people who used to mock me for having a big board then put it on auto draft based on my board and now those people STILL continue to hold the draft up by not, you know... Setting up a big board then turn on auto draft

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I'm lol'ing at the same people who used to mock me for having a big board then put it on auto draft based on my board and now those people STILL continue to hold the draft up by not, you know... Setting up a big board then turn on auto draft

Quit imagining us

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
@doh took mah favorite pitcher. Left hander, good control and good groundball percentage. Would have been a rigger superstar.

ZackMills

Have mercy

Speaking of that Big Board I asked for weeks ago...where it at?